It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:45 pm

Post subject: [Day 8 - LE] Peaceland (Kashiwagi's Chambers - Closed)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:43 pm 

Theme...

On the wall he had placed the painting of his wife and on the table was a new work that he had prepared for his guest in thanks for all her hard work thus far. He waited in his chamber his left arm exposed as he looked forward to another evening of tattoo work and pleasant conversation.

He even had Trash Queen in his lap and absent mindedly petted the creature. He hoped for a peaceful end to a bloody and shocking day.

Attachment:
Togashi Mai.jpg
Togashi Mai.jpg [ 28.8 KiB | Viewed 3949 times ]

OOC: It is done.

Painting Mai: 4d10o10k3 33

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post subject: Re: [Day 8 - LE] Peaceland (Kashiwagi's Chambers - Closed)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:28 pm 

Through the motions she went, her mind working on negating the somber effect of what word said on the street. Death hung in the air, at least the word of it, and it brought a tension far greater than had been present before and they only had themselves to blame.

Yet, Mai was lucky in that respect that she had not witnessed it first hand. So that when her presence was made known she was able to close her eyes and shut it off for a spell.

"Good evening, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I hope this day has treated you kindly," she said as she bowed in the entrance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:32 pm 

"The day is passable, I am pleased to see you are well," he said kindly.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:38 pm 

Rising from her bow she looked to him once more to see Trash Queen sat in his lap, it inspired a small smile which she controlled but then let it form.

"You appear fonder of your feline companion by the moment, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she said with a slight humorous tone. Eyes flashing brighter in surprise at herself for a moment as she realized the candidness of it all but she swallowed the uncertainty and quickly returned to course.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:52 pm 

"She has merits, I suppose," he responded.

"Before we begin I had something for you."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 pm 

"Something for me?" she looked up from the cat with a puzzled expression but returned her On. There would certainly be need for it, "Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I would no-.." she shook her head.

"Hai," she said simply, to remove the stain of previous her hesitation and stepped forward.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 pm 

He gestured to the painting, "I wanted you to have this."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:14 pm 

"I-" Mai caught the word in her throat, swallowed it. Captivated by her likeness displayed on the page her thoughts shifted between appreciation of the image to thinking what she was supposed to say next.

"You honor me by it's mere creation Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she said, a touch quicker than normal. Slowing to normal she forced a calm. "How could one such as myself allow you to offer me such a gift, but a humble artisan of the road?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:16 pm 

"You have sacrificed your time and efforts on my behalf I wanted to show my admiration for your craft and time," he said.

"I would be honored if you accept this."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:20 pm 

"May, it is still you that has honored me with the allowance of your precious time to craft my work upon your arm, Asako Kashiwagi-sama. Now you present me with a likeness with the detail that accounts for may some greater time and effort of your own. How am I to accept both of these gifts and consider myself yet humble?" she said.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm 

"Your humility is obvious to all, it should not be questioned. Let me honor so humble a samurai with a token of my appreciation," he responded.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:25 pm 

"Then I shall accept it, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she says with a reverent bow. Taking the moment to exhale slowly in her bow, and then finishing, "You have honored me beyond the service of words."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:33 pm 

"You deserve praise," he said warmly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:37 pm 

"May, I would not think to say so myself but if Asako Kashiwagi-sama is to speak the words then I would not even think to counter them. Thank you, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she offers a quicker bow with the words and returns.

Taking a moment to look at the painting once more, she made a mental note that she need be certain to appreciate the details later. Looking back to Kashiwagi she had not noticed the earnest smile that held on her features.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:46 pm 

The Asako prepared himself for the work to come.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 am 

While Mai, having taken another glance over the painting swallowed down the joy that welled up and quenched it with a professional mind. With her tools to hand she set herself up a space beside where Kashiwagi was preparing himself. Unsealing the ink pots and laying out her tools on a cloth. Another cloth laid out to clean the instruments and another for the ink that would inevitably be left outside of his arm.

No attention or care was spared in the preperation.

"Shall I begin then, Asako Kashiwagi-sama?" she ascertained before prepping her needle.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:15 am 

Kashiwagi nodded and then laid down and said, “I actually find this rather relaxing.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:38 am 

"May," she held off the laugh only by the focus she gave to preparing her instruments for the task ahead. "Quite a surprising answer Asako Kashiwagi-sama. Considering that I am fairly certain there is a level of pain associated with the process of needlework."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:40 am 

"Pain is simply a reminder of living, and after awhile it becomes a rhythm of pricks and pressure,” he said calmly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:58 am 

Mai thought on that for a moment, holding the needle in hand. "Yes, I do believe there is a lot of truth to that Asako Kashiwagi-sama. Certainly a warrior such as yourself would know this better than most but to hear the words.. do you meditate often Asako Kashiwagi-sama?"