It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: Gathering one's thoughts (LA, D8, Open)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:57 am 

He was coiled up in front of the shrine of the Fortune of Knowledge that was part of the Pheonix part of the two shrines. Seeking knowledge in the akasha, just gathering his thoughts, and trying to find the proper path in what was to come.

(Meditation: 21 )

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

Post subject: Re: Gathering one's thoughts (LA, D8, Open)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:08 pm 

Making her way to the Shrines, Poemu entered the Shrine to Fukurokujin. Going to offer prayers for knowledge about what path to take after a troubled 'court', she sighed as she straightened. She had few answers, but she knew that prayers were rarely so directly answered.

She stiffened a bit as she spotted a large creature in the shrine! It took her a moment to process that it was a naga, and that having a naga here was now something somewhat normal, or at least that it was supposed to be. Uncertain as to etiquette, she offered a bow all the same.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:27 pm 

Hearing someone approaching, he shifted in his coils a little to face whoever entered. He gave a proper bow as she approached "Agasha-sama. This day finds you well I hope. I am known as The Shakanar. It is my pleasure to meet you"

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:05 pm 

Poemu did all she could to keep her On and not appear nervous. The Naga was larger than she thought one might have been, and quite strong looking. She'd heard all those out in the Empire were warriors, but this was something. And that name...

"Ano... it is an honor to meet you... T-The Shakanar... san." She gave a faint smile. "The day finds me well enough, even if the day is not so well. Have you had..." Rice? Rats? Rocks? "...chance to break your fasting today?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:18 pm 

"I did. I had a lovely meal of rice and smoked fish as the Bright Eye rode high in the sky. He kept his movements slow and gentle, and as peaceful as possible. "I came to pray to the fortunes for guidance after the....tumultuous court." A slight, polite distasteful expression for the arguing at the court, though he quickly let it melt away.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 pm 

Poemu was making notes in her mind, though every time something happened she wasn't familiar with, it brought a bit more trepidation. The fact that the naga ate rice and prayed to the Fortune's put her a bit more at ease.

"Hai, all the courts since my having fled Morikage Toshi have been in their own ways, though I recognize this one being more so. I wish it were not, but I can understand why. I seem to remember The Shakanar-san speaking as well, though I tried to keep busy with conversation."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:04 pm 

"I have spoken at several of them, yes. It is....difficult to keep things harmonious, but I am doing my best to do so, for the sake of our peoples alliance." A faint frown. "I also have a feeling that the Steel Chrysanthemum would not honor the treaty of the Emperor that he murdered. So doing so is in the best interest of my people. So while I am not a warrior, I fight on the field I was trained in."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:15 pm 

Well, that was an area to learn more. "Ah, hai hai. I don't know much about the treaty the Son of Heaven made with your people. Can you tell me more of it?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:24 pm 

"While there is many details to it, what it comes down to is that there is to be peace between the naga of Tausha's Legion and the Empire, and an exchange of information, protection, and, as distasteful as it is, trade of goods." A faint smile. "I have been travelling the Empire and working closely with the Piranha clan in their efforts to oversee the shinomen mori. It has been....interesting. Life in the Empire is so facinating in some ways."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:44 pm 

More answers, even more question. "I confess to knowing little about your people. Was... there not peace between us before? I know there was a war, but I was not present, and the Dragon have had few experiences with the Naga."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:39 am 

"When we awoke from the Great Sleep, and the scouts went into the world, they found a great deal of your people that were infested by the Foul. The touch of the ones who dwell to the south. Hotter heads prevailed over those who called for patience and peace, and raiding parties were sent out against your people." he gave a deep frown. "Who responded, as you said, with declaring war on what remains of our people. Tausha's Legion are those of the Asp bloodline who broke off from the rest of the bloodlines to ally with your army as you approached out home city, and aided your forces in take out the warlord of the Asp, the Shahadet. Once the war was over, those of us who followed The Tausha and the Empire entered into an alliance to the aid of both of our peoples." He kept his voice carefully pitched, taking on a teaching tone, speaking softly, keeping his gaze focused on her

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 am 

So many things Poemu wanted to ask! She tried to keep her enthusiasm calm. "I see. What are these bloodlines you speak of? Are the like our clans?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:52 am 

"In a way. The Asp, The Cobra, The Constrictors, The Chamelions, The Greensnakes. Each was Naga, but there were physical differences too. Size, build, aptitudes. Only the Cobra would often be Jakla, what you would call shugenja. Each was...seperate in the beginning times. Different tribes, who would wage wars. The asp especially, leveraging their natural poisons and strength to conquer and plunder. Till the Warlord who had caused such strife through his lifetimes was brought low and locked away. Till we were shown a better way. Now, once again, we are disperate tribes. Through the Akasha we of the Legion can feel the scorn of our fellows. But I believe that only in this way can we move forward, survive, improve the strength of both our peoples, and yours."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:25 am 

"I have heard of that word before." A new set of facts, a new set of questions. "What is this Akasha? Is it like... some magic? You said you can... feel other Naga?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:28 am 

"It is the...communal soul of the Naga. When we die we go back to it, and then we are reborn from it again. Through it I can access every naga that has been The Shakanar from the beginning of the Akasha. Through it we can sense the feelings of other naga, and communicate the basics of things. Much of our language leverages it for shades of communication. Without it, it would like speaking your language at a flat monotone, the same pace, the same tone, never varying."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:18 pm 

It all seemed so wondrous to Poemu. Different species? Communal minds? "I see."

There was another long thoughtful pause, only the rain filling the void. "...Where is this Akasha then? If you all return to it when you die, is it in a spirit realm? If it's in Ningen-do, where is it? All souls go some place, yes?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:20 pm 

"Another realm. I wonder if it is related to the realm of honored ancestors where the ancestors of your people go to. But I don't think its something thats ever been heavily looked into yet." He looked thoughtful. "So much new knowledge discovered over the years."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:22 pm 

"Does the realm have a name, or is it just called the Akasha as well?" She wondered if anyone, Naga or human, knew the answer to her questions. Surely some scholar in the Empire had thought to look into this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:58 pm 

"Just the Akasha, as far as we know." He looked thoughtful. "It may be something worth looking into. Do people travel to Yomi-do?" He dug into a satchel at his side, sorting through various scrolls and books there, looking thoughtful."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:53 pm 

"Yumi-do and Yomi, Naga-san... but hai, I have heard that certain people have found portals that connect the realms before. I am certain a shugenja would know far more about such matters than I would unfortunately." It seemed there was much not yet known, by both of them.