It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:15 am 

Hachi appeared, after a filling lunch, hoping to find some books on prophecy. However, the Blue Tiled Room was busy with it's other function - debate. He settled back to listen to some of the thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:18 am 

He had slithered into the court room in time to hear the arguments. His voice projected as he continued to put forth the arguments he had been constructing. "Your own records of history show the...results of the Steel Chrysanthemum sitting upon the throne. His time on the throne was a time of strife, bloodshed, and misery. Tausha's Legion have our own stories about our past, that show the result of following a leader that lets bloodthirst and not honor and reason rule them."

(Influence Roll: 4 raises. tn 35 68
5 imperialist points )

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:42 am 

Poemu was more composed today than she had been the day before. Her words were a simple appeal to compassion, that a man who murdered could never see over an honorable Empire. Words spoken, she stepped aside to listen and entertain any approaching samurai.

(PM if approaching)

(TN 30 w/ 3 raises = 36 (4 Imperialist points))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:50 am 

The monk arrives for today's conversation, biding his time for the moment as the discussion continues.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 am 

Not one to miss a spirited debate, Otomo Ryuji entered and took special notice of the Dragon and Crab exchange. He moved to a pillar where he could watch Iko’s interaction with others. For the moment, he held his fan in hand; listening intently before he spoke.

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:20 am 

Kodama wrote:
The monk arrives for today's conversation, biding his time for the moment as the discussion continues.

"Oh! Excuse me, monk," said the lone Unicorn in attendance. "I'm Moto Baatar. Mind if I ask you a question?"

"I knew someone once, who ended up becoming a monk," Baatar explained, without waiting for an answer. "I was wondering if you would know her?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:45 am 

Tsukimi watched the development. The sudden change of heart for Iko. To her, it seemed truly strange.

She waited for her to give a good reason, before jumping in.

---

OOC: not rolling yet

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:46 pm 

Horonigai enters the room dressed in another colorful furisode to contrast the greyness of the day outside. She chooses to honor the colors of the her hosts, and those often worn by the Seppun.

Curiously observing how the wind have changed, she notices that the previous storm that came with the mighty roars of the Lion softened, and reasoning was showing to be something that could be now brought up. Even if, of course, heated matters would be resolved with the blade, as Heavens endorse.

The potential voice of a minority that has something to be listened now boomed with Iko's words. Horonigai moves to provide support to a similar perspective.

She says, "These spirits still adhere to some aspects of their former selves. I did not witness or heard about any sort of dishonorable ambush or similar tactics from the so called army of monsters. What I see are ancestors in rage –– their behavior much akin to most of the courageous berserkers, and other fierce warriors that often forego compassion in the heat of the battle. They are filled with anger."

She raises a hand. "If the Heavens have allowed these spirits to materialize and punish us, I wonder: What have we done that made them hate their descendants so much –– which sort of dishonor we've stained their lineages with?"

Horonigai narrows her eyes, "The Empire has seem conspiration against Emperor for many years. It was dealt with, yet I ask: Did it suffice?"

She resumes after a moment to make the question sink, "Today we see Lion samurai blocking the gates of the Crane Embassy. Yesterday, the same Lion were not allowed within. These conflicts are never ending. The lack of respect for a greater authority and this destructive discordance stain the very sovereignty of this Empire. The Clans must unite, under one Emperor –– and not under the influence of a single Clan. If fighting our ancestors is what it takes to learn this harsh lesson, so be it. Let's do it, be victorious, but learn from it."

The Miharu opens the palms of her hands. The same one's that embraced the fallen Emperor when he bleed to death. "I ask the assembled samurai: What if this blindness that covers our ancestors vision is somehow lifted: What do we have to do, besides fighting them, to appease their wrath?"

Horonigai questions again. "What if this blindness is ours?"

She bows and leaves the stage.

--
Courtier/Awareness +VP +Benten +2 Raises (Bonus) +1 Raise (Avoid Offense) TN 25: 5d10o10k5 23
Failed. You can all get offended.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:59 pm 

Seitouna has been at the back, taking notes as usual. And this time, he has had much to track.
Quote:
A wind from the high mountains blew in the Blue-Tiled room, howling with the call to support the figure of old. A carping reply rose to meet it swiftly, and it was soon agreed to be settled by steel.

Voices rose into the silence that followed, and an heir of Saibankan spoke decisively on the matter. So, too, did one who had stood closest to the Throne. The storm clouds roiled against themselves.

He notices that he has positioned himself among those who support the succession of the child of Hantei XXII, however, and he stands, knowing that he attracts attention to himself in doing so. He makes a point of standing long enough to be seen, saying nothing, but letting the standing be enough.

(Influence Roll successful with three Raises for 4 Imperialist points)

And he resumes his seat to make more notes.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:04 pm 

It seemed that the talk regarding the Steel Chrysanthemum went not, unwilling to be contained to one venue or occasion. Wasako was present for this debate, perhaps coinciding with one of her curious exploration of the city. She would definitely consider herself more of a contemplater than a debater but it was still would be fascinating to hear what sort of arguments are presented here. It was perhaps a curious point when noticed a few people, people she knew, threw in their support for the Steel Chrysanthemum. Has the wind changed or was she not paying attention until now?

(Please PM if approached, thank you!)

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:

He notices that he has positioned himself among those who support the succession of the child of Hantei XXII, however, and he stands, knowing that he attracts attention to himself in doing so. He makes a point of standing long enough to be seen, saying nothing, but letting the standing be enough.

And he resumes his seat to make more notes.

She caught sight of Seitouna, just as she had the Bayushi and the Mirumoto. People she'd only just met, but made it a point to bow to each in turn while she'd nervously been keeping to the back as much as possible. The division within the Dragon ranks made her nervous about approaching them, but the Kasuga... well... look, status aside, he was a tortoise and most samurai didn't tend to treat them that highly. Finally, she felt a little more comfortable approaching someone, anyone, so that she could blend into their shadow more or less.

Approaching quietly, picking her way through so as not to interfere with anyone, she settled down, a scroll in one hand... apparently about fish hatcheries or some other garbage, and gave him a respectful bow, speaking in a low tone "-Sama, this seat here. Is it reserved for another?"

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:08 pm 

Mari wrote:
Approaching quietly, picking her way through so as not to interfere with anyone, she settled down, a scroll in one hand... apparently about fish hatcheries or some other garbage, and gave him a respectful bow, speaking in a low tone "-Sama, this seat here. Is it reserved for another?"

Seitouna looks up, blinks, takes a moment to recognize his interlocutor from the dojo the day before, and bows--perhaps just a bit deeper than needed. And he says "It is not; take it, and welcome, my friend."

He gestures to emphasize the point, notably with his left hand; the right has charcoal in it, and his notes will be plain to see if she cares to look.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:19 pm 

She hazarded a glance in the direction of the notes before settling into the spot he'd indicated, breathing a visible sigh of relief. Her eyes closed and she focused, maintaining her calm. This was easier. She was not standing aloe, and so it felt easier not to be intimidated by people who could probably by rights cut her down to size, literally, rather easily.

"You are a fast one to make friends, Kasuga-sama," she murmured, smiling over at him. "But in times like these I think most are unwise to look disfavorably upon the well wishes of others. Have you had your fill this morning?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 pm 

Mari wrote:
"You are a fast one to make friends, Kasuga-sama," she murmured, smiling over at him. "But in times like these I think most are unwise to look disfavorably upon the well wishes of others. Have you had your fill this morning?"

Seitouna cannot help but give a single, bitter chuckle at the pun before he answers.

"Far better to make friends than enemies, Mari-san, and the Tortoise well know that a tower seldom crumbles from the bottom. And I have taken in much, indeed, though I cannot help but think more is coming.

"And have the days winds bellied your sails, as well?"

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:27 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna cannot help but give a single, bitter chuckle at the pun before he answers.

"Far better to make friends than enemies, Mari-san, and the Tortoise well know that a tower seldom crumbles from the bottom. And I have taken in much, indeed, though I cannot help but think more is coming.

"And have the days winds bellied your sails, as well?"

"Life is better when there are fewer enemies, and there are enough of those about to abound for any of us." She was careful not to specify, her own gaze narrowing once at the sight of purple in the midst of the assembly and quickly looking away. The animosity in the air was troubling, to say the least.

"I've broken the morning fast with millet," she admitted. "I've been trying to ..." She pitched her voice a little lower. "...alleviate some of the refugees suffering, but I do not wish to step on anyone's tabi, as it were."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:41 pm 

Mari wrote:
"I've broken the morning fast with millet," she admitted. "I've been trying to ..." She pitched her voice a little lower. "...alleviate some of the refugees suffering, but I do not wish to step on anyone's tabi, as it were."

Seitouna nods to her words.

"It seems enough people are treading atop socks here, yes. But your efforts are to be commended, I am certain, even by the Lion. Compassion is one of the tenets of Bushido, after all. Though I remain concerned about some possibilities now as I did in Toshi no Omoidasu, about which I might speak with you later in the day, if you are available."

Courtesy is important, now, perhaps more so than usual as tensions brim.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:51 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"It seems enough people are treading atop socks here, yes. But your efforts are to be commended, I am certain, even by the Lion. Compassion is one of the tenets of Bushido, after all. Though I remain concerned about some possibilities now as I did in Toshi no Omoidasu, about which I might speak with you later in the day, if you are available."

Courtesy is important, now, perhaps more so than usual as tensions brim.

"So I've been told many times," she murmured with a bemused but very small grin. "But these are also their lands to be compassionate towards, and I am but a simple wolf. As I said. I prefer not to step on toes... and I am unsure if I ought speak up at all in such a place as this."

His offer got a casual glance. She nodded. Yes, she would willingly speak to him later if he wished. There were lots of things to be concerned about. Some did not need to be spoken of in public, at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:57 pm 

Mari wrote:
His offer got a casual glance. She nodded. Yes, she would willingly speak to him later if he wished. There were lots of things to be concerned about. Some did not need to be spoken of in public, at all.

"I shall be happy to host you for an early dinner after this, then.

"But as to speaking up here...given what all has happened to this point, I am not certain as much would be made of it as might otherwise be the case."

He notes the scroll in her hands. "What are you reading? Or what were you reading, rather?"

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"I shall be happy to host you for an early dinner after this, then.

"But as to speaking up here...given what all has happened to this point, I am not certain as much would be made of it as might otherwise be the case."

He notes the scroll in her hands. "What are you reading? Or what were you reading, rather?"

"It's a sixth century treatise on the spawning habits of the carp in especially bad dry seasons. Goes into details about ways to improve spawning rates at fish hatcheries during lean years with alternate food sources and the impact." Her tone was positively deadpan. "it's riveting stuff. But I'm not sure this is the time or place to discuss this sort of thing. Perhaps we can meet over that dinner and discuss fish mating habits at that point, -sama? I... should probably introduce myself to a possible patron or two, and we can speak more later."

She didn't add 'we can speak more freely later,' but she figured that was obvious. She didn't even bother to conceal her distaste for the scroll she'd selected.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:21 pm 

I can't believe the princess would go there!

The fury stokes Erina's passions

"I'm sorry, did I miss something here? Do I misremember all the bold proclamations and condemnations that I heard back in Toshi no Omoidoso? Some may say that nothing has changed...but respectfully, it has! We were attacked without warning, without negotiations. We watched as battle crazed undead ancestors swarmed the walls. But the only way the usurper wins is this!" Erina gestures dismissively in the direction of the Imperialists.

"They know that they cannot stand against a united Rokugan, so they look to undo our unity. They expect that petty bickering and slights, and the question of who will rise and fall shall matter more to us than the wolf at our door. Is our pride and ego that feeble?"

Influence Thread-Courtier/Awareness, 1 raise, TN 20: 4d10o10k3 24

+2 Imperialist points

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next