It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: D8 EM - Social Distancing
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:15 am 

Koushi turned his head to meet the eyes of one of the wavering Ikoma.

"You may inform Matsu Kogokyu that your friend just declared war on the Crane clan. Now."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:33 am 

That guard takes off at a run away from the scene.

"I am Ikoma Hiroya. It matters not who you are. The word came down that no Crane was allowed to leave the embassy. I follow my duty, even if it means my death." He looks at the departing guard. "Even if others run."

He looks back to the Daidoji. "The ambassador was not given leave to go into the city and did it anyway despite repeated warnings. I have done no wrong here except my duty. Go. Back. Inside."

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:35 am 

"What are your specific orders, may I enter the Embassy? Is it only the Crane or those that wear the colors of the Crane?" Kashiwagi inquired.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:37 am 

"It is only those that wear Crane colors that may not come or go. It matters not if they are or are not Crane. The ambassador was clearly informed of this, repeatedly, and she chose to flaunt it despite having leave to enter the city another way."

His eyes flick to Kashiwagi. "You may come and go with no trouble."

His eyes go back to the Crane. "As may you if you do not wear those clothes."

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:41 am 

"Then I beg the Crane change their clothing and then petition the Governor for this injustice so we can avert further bloodshed. Know Ikoma Hiroya, this will have grave implications for future relations," he said calmly.

"I know you are doing as your Lord bids, but outright murder of an ambassador, surely there had to be a better way."

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:50 am 

"You are a murderer and a coward Ikoma Hiroya. I have declared that I will take Kakita-san's message to the Governor. I stand by my words." She looked him in the eyes and shrugged her shoulders gently.

"I am sorry Asako-sama, but I will not remove my colours to satisfy a Lion's pride. I am a Crane. If my honour and his duty are in conflict, so be it." Tetsuko begins to take measured steps in the direction of the Governor's Castle, eyes on the three Lion.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:52 am 

"Your Lord needs you alive, we need you to live, we strengthen the enemy with continued violence," he said.

"Please."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:52 am 

The commotion outside the embassy drew Monkhbaatar from within. He had needed a place to sleep and figured this would be his new home while in the city.

The sight of the Crane ambassador on the ground drew him immediately towards her. He looked on with disdain at the Lion. The shouting and arguing over clothing was ridiculous.

He threw off his Crane kimono, down to his fundoshi in the cold air and moved to the Ambassador. He carefully picks her up and begins carrying her inside.

"Save words for another time Koushi. We must try to save her now."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:58 am 

They prepare themselves to strike, should the Crane keep walking.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 am 

After a few steps back towards the Embassy building he realized that he had arrived too late on the scene. There was no breath escaping her lips and the blood was simply draining, not gushing.

"Dammit," he says to himself, slowing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:07 am 

Koushi was jarred for a moment by the former Shinjo's rebuke. It was true, he was a doctor first, but even as he began to turn back, he heard Monkhbaatar's curse.

"Our lord is dead, Asako-sama. The Steel Chrysanthemum killed him. His representative is dead. This man killed her. My cousin is right."

He met the Ikoma's eyes.

"No more words."

Initiative=36
Stance: Attack. Armor Tn: 25. Reduction: 3.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 am 

"Then do as your ancestors demand, I will bear witness to the Honor of the Crane," he said solemnly but respectfully.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 am 

Monkhbaatar had rushed out without bringing any of his gear. A fight for him in this situation was a pointless death sentence. Instead, he simply continued with Kakita Airi's body to a place where he could let it rest while waiting for a priest or monk to tend to it. He called for servants in the embassy to take him to an appropriate place.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:19 am 

Sukima remembered her conversation last night. It had gone on too long, and she'd made no headway with their allies. Maybe she could get there in time to-

She stopped as she saw people taking stances. "Oh no..." She pressed her lips into a thin line, expression hard. "What exactly happened here?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:27 pm 

The Scorpion made her demands, she had been someone important, nearly as important as he and she had come from a distinguished lineage but mostly she just seemed exotic. He said to the woman as he gave the bushi of the Lion and Crane space, “Yogo-san, the Lion have opted for a subtle intervention of barring the Crane from leaving their Embassy as long as they wear Crane colors... such lunacy has claimed one life, and I think we must prepare to dig more graves before Honor is satisfied.”

OOC: Other people exist I suppose.

Heraldry TN 35: 5d10o10k4 37

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:41 pm 

Tsukimi was on her way from the shrines when she heard all the commotion going on outside the embassy.

Cranes, including the honorable Koushi. Lions. A red-haired Scorpion. The white-haired hero.

She stepped closer, willing to help, but didnt speak yet as she heard Kashiwagi explain the situation to the lady.

"..."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:16 pm 

A ranking Lion finally arrived, armoured, the sashimono on the back clearly indicating the magistrate capacity. Seeing the standoff, she grabbed her sasumata tighter.

"Cease unsanctioned violence on the city grounds under Lion authority. Those identifying as members of the Crane Clan have no right to traverse it under current circumstances. We respect the embassy grounds as extraterritorial, but not an inch further. If you have any complaints to relay, I am here to hear you out."

Last edited by Matsu Kōgyoku on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:18 pm 

"So you have declared war on the Crane then?" he said with an incredulous shake of his head.

"This is madness!"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:21 pm 

"Nothing of this sort, Asako-san. The Crane have violated their diplomatic mandate, and so can no longer enjoy the hospitality of the Lion as long as the violation stands. They can remain within the embassy or evacuate, their choice, or they can restore proper diplomatic functions and see the restrictions lifted."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:25 pm 

"That is not the order these samurai labor under they can freely come and go as long as they don’t wear Crane colors, so are you now trying to change the conditions set down by your Governor?” he replied casually.

“They simply cannot wear clan colors, which seems petty, but perhaps the Lion are jealous of the majesty of Crane colors and seek not to be shown up in their city.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next