It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:16 pm

Post subject: [D7 EA Tea House] Tea Tootaling?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:07 pm 

Sara was sitting in a small tea house, absorbing the warmth of the cup in front of her. Everything was going crazy, the trek back....

She eyed the manuscript in front of herself, idly tracing the letters with her finger.

Post subject: Re: [D7 EA Tea House] Tea Tootaling?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:51 pm 

A bit of warmth after days spent in the rain was more then a little inviting, so Osamu made his way to one of those places he so seldom visited, a tea house.

Casting his eyes around the place, he gave a polite nod to it's other occupant, a Scorpion by the looks of it before waiting for someone to come by to seat him.

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:27 am 

Sara glanced up at the new comer, taking his garb in...a ronin? No, a mantis, judging by the mon. How interesting. She indicated to a free spot near her with her head in invitation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm 

One didn't tend to turn down an invitation from an attractive woman, even if she was a Scorpion. You just had to treat them with care, kind of like fugu. Making his way over, Osamu dipped into a bow.

"Thank you for the invitation, Shosuro-sama." He offered as he took a seat. "And since it seems we've yet to meet, I'm Osamu of the Mantis."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:26 pm 

"Osamu-sama, greetings. Shosuro Sara, actress of Taishou Hikari." She nodded her head in his direction.

"Care for some tea in this eerie rainy weather?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:08 pm 

"It would certainly be a welcome addition to the day." Especially as he had been out in the weatehr for quite a while earlier. The cold didn't bother him, but soaked clothes could still get unncomfortable after a time, and one didn't tend to walk around the countryside naked.

"A pleasure, Shosuro-sama. You're an actress though?" He raised an eyebrow, he didn't recognize the company but that really didn't mean much. "One of the leads of your company I assume?" She was striking enough to earn that role in many troupes at the very least.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:35 pm 

Osamu wrote:
"It would certainly be a welcome addition to the day." Especially as he had been out in the weatehr for quite a while earlier. The cold didn't bother him, but soaked clothes could still get unncomfortable after a time, and one didn't tend to walk around the countryside naked.

"A pleasure, Shosuro-sama. You're an actress though?" He raised an eyebrow, he didn't recognize the company but that really didn't mean much. "One of the leads of your company I assume?" She was striking enough to earn that role in many troupes at the very least.

"Something like that. Our last play was supposed to take place at Winter Court. It didn't." She left it at that. "Osamu....were you at the defense on the walls Osamu-san?" She recalled a Mantis being involved...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:53 am 

"If you mean at Toshi no Omoidoso, I was." Apparently people had heard of that? Not that he had attended any of the court sessions there no notice.

"We did what we could." He spread his hands open. "Though in the end it wasn't enough unfortunately."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:14 pm 

Sara nodded. "It was more than what was expected in the face of everything that has happened." She sighed. "What kind of tea would you prefer Osamu-san?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:35 pm 

"I can't say I've actually an expert on such things, so if you're asking me you might have to deal with my poor taste." Tea really wasn't something he knew well after all.

"All I could really tell you is I prefer black or green. If you could use that to make a suggestion, It'd be my treat." He addeda moment later. "After all you likely have a much more refined palate then I."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:45 pm 

Sara nodded. "Something black from Kaiu lands then, to keep our spirits refreshed." She nodded gently. "Tea is not one of your interests, what does interest you then Osamu-san?2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:14 am 

"It's not that I'm not interested, but fire and boats don't mix. So its not something that's I partake in commonly."

"As for interests? Books, Go, Sake. Those are the ones I typically pursue." Things that were easy to take with you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:56 pm 

"Oh? Shows what I know of boats. They stay afloat on water. On their better days." She smirked, holding her cup with her hands around it.

"Books, eh? What kind of books?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:33 pm 

"Indeed, when attacked or tossed in storms they tend to sink though." Which is where he usually stepped in to help.

"I'm not much on histories, but I like a wide variety of fiction. Usually adventure tales, but I also like to read mysteries among other things." He raised an eyebrow. "I take it you enjoy a good book too?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:35 pm 

"Hai, I hear that is unhealthy." She smiled. "Mysteries? Oh? Gomen Osamu-san, but you did not strike me as a fan of mysteries. Any favorites? As for me?" She waved her hand in a dismissive manner. "Alas, I am plain and boring. Pillowbooks, mostly adaptations, and ever kind of story that might be fit for the stage."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:18 pm 

"Generally speaking." He confirmed with a nod. "As for favorites? None in particular, most are too easy to guess the ending of. I like to see the author try though "

His eyebrow raised. "An actress boring? I never thought I'd encounter such a things. Its almost as unlikely as finding someone who would call you plain."

He shook his head. "It does sound like you enjoy your art though, as you constantly study it?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:45 pm 

Osamu wrote:
"Generally speaking." He confirmed with a nod. "As for favorites? None in particular, most are too easy to guess the ending of. I like to see the author try though "

His eyebrow raised. "An actress boring? I never thought I'd encounter such a things. Its almost as unlikely as finding someone who would call you plain."

He shook his head. "It does sound like you enjoy your art though, as you constantly study it?"

"Oh? Maybe you should be a magistrate than Osamu-san, with your quick thinking." She let out a girlish giggle, and quickly covered it with a sip of tea. "My art is my passion. Theatre and the stage provides an endless opportunity for our culture and our clans. I hear even the Crab have their own version of theatre, something called a draw lot play?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:24 pm 

"I think I'll passt on that." He replied with a shake of his head. "Magistrates have all my respect, but I think most spend more time dealing with drunks then solving murder cases." Which didn't sound entertainign at all, as far as he was concerned.

"I've heard of that, almost went to one down in a crab port as well. Ended up having to spend my time on other ways though." Such was the life we lead though. "From what I hear it's something you have to see for yoursel, at least once though."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:14 pm 

Osamu wrote:
"I think I'll passt on that." He replied with a shake of his head. "Magistrates have all my respect, but I think most spend more time dealing with drunks then solving murder cases." Which didn't sound entertainign at all, as far as he was concerned.

"I've heard of that, almost went to one down in a crab port as well. Ended up having to spend my time on other ways though." Such was the life we lead though. "From what I hear it's something you have to see for yoursel, at least once though."

"Oh? You dealt with many magistrates Osamu-san?" She continued smiling as she finished up her cup. Reaching towards the pot, she glanced at his own, silently asking if he needed a refill.

"Oh? Other ways? May I inquire what other ways? Eh?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 pm 

"A few, honestly." After a several weeks at sea sailors could get a little rambunctious after all. "Spend enough time in sakes houses in the docks and you are almost guaranteed to see them at work though." He finished with a casual shrug.

"It was nothing too exciting, I promise you." Osamu offered with a half smile. "Some scaffolding collapsed where some of our men were working, ending up creating quite the mess and injuring several members of the crew. SO instead of going to a play, I ended up getting to treat injuries instead."