It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:36 pm 

"Ah, well..." she gave a shift of her shoulders on an uncertain note as she smiled sheepishly. "I wouldn't say my parents would be worried at all about me. I am admittedly the youngest in my family and they've already arranged marriages for my brothers. Seeing as I walk an unusual path for a Mirumoto, they perhaps didn't know if I was going to need marrying at all."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:39 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"I shall defer to your wisdom in such matters, the only spirit realm I have had contact with is Chikushudo, and I doubt our attackers hail from there." She chuckled before wetting her throat with the tea once more.

'' Really? Chikushudo? That is the realm of Inari-no-kami, right?'' That comment made Nagiko raise an eyebrow with interest.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:55 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"Ah, well..." she gave a shift of her shoulders on an uncertain note as she smiled sheepishly. "I wouldn't say my parents would be worried at all about me. I am admittedly the youngest in my family and they've already arranged marriages for my brothers. Seeing as I walk an unusual path for a Mirumoto, they perhaps didn't know if I was going to need marrying at all."

There was still much Poemu didn't know, so she used the talk to learn. "An unusual path you say? I had assumed you were a Mirumoto bushi, by all I'd seen. I suppose I took my own unusual path, so don't see the path of others so readily."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:22 pm 

"I am a Mirumoto bushi," she nodded at first. "However, while my brothers and cousins pursue the honoured path of Niten, my pursuit is toward Enlightenment. It's a spiritual path that does admittedly have us living in the remote Northern Wall Mountains. I suppose that makes us rarer than Togashi monks in a sense."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 pm 

"Is that the Taoist Swordsmen that I have heard of before?" She looked thoughtful. "I had heard them quite thoughtful and spiritual. Still, even Togashi marry occasionally, hai? Besides, rare as they are, it isn't what I would call a 'strange' path, just a different one."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:47 pm 

Kitamaru crept into court, watchful.

There was no offered opinion. It was not this Shosuro's place to influence others on the matters of the throne.

Seeing the ranking Scorpion, a Yogo by the mon, but not the look of her, Kitamaru carefully picked through the courtiers and arrived only to see the Seppun and another Shosuro there as well.

Distance was kept, it was not this Shosuro's place to become involved.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:02 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Is that the Taoist Swordsmen that I have heard of before?" She looked thoughtful. "I had heard them quite thoughtful and spiritual. Still, even Togashi marry occasionally, hai? Besides, rare as they are, it isn't what I would call a 'strange' path, just a different one."

"We are," she nodded with a slow admission as she was a bit cautious of blatantly calling herself a Taoist Swordsman. "Perhaps a bit strange to my cousins but ultimately, I agree that it's not a strange one. Yes, you would be right that even the Togashi occasional marry...I just haven't I haven't really thought about my future in that regard."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:12 pm 

"I think we have reached the final yelps of this echo chamber," he said aloud with a mild smirk.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:32 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"We are," she nodded with a slow admission as she was a bit cautious of blatantly calling herself a Taoist Swordsman. "Perhaps a bit strange to my cousins but ultimately, I agree that it's not a strange one. Yes, you would be right that even the Togashi occasional marry...I just haven't I haven't really thought about my future in that regard."

"Your birth and training explain well enough why your parents haven't either." Poemu nodded softly, then sighed. "A real shame. I suppose that this isn't the sort of time for such thoughts, though it feels a good change of thought from worries."

Pushing aside the conversation, not wanting to embarrass Wasako too much, Poemu smiled softly. "Perhaps I will introduce you to my husband, should we ever return to Dragon lands together. I think you and he would have good conversation, and my household always could use guests."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:38 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"I think we have reached the final yelps of this echo chamber," he said aloud with a mild smirk.

A deep bow from the one-armed monk. A concerned set of words.

"It is the way of many to fortify themselves to the courageous act, Asako-sama. Does not the Tao state, 'Do not judge a man by the lord he serves. Judge him by his choice of enemies.'? Here then do many gather to judge themselves and own their words."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:41 pm 

"Go away, monk," he said dismissively.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:47 pm 

“A courageous man has no need to be cruel.” the monk bows again and goes away.

Big damn hero indeed. The thought rises and he discards it. What reason did he have to judge the one judging everyone else? Something worthwhile to think about.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:48 pm 

Kodama wrote:
Asako Kashiwagi wrote:

A deep bow from the one-armed monk. A concerned set of words.

"It is the way of many to fortify themselves to the courageous act, Asako-sama. Does not the Tao state, 'Do not judge a man by the lord he serves. Judge him by his choice of enemies.'? Here then do many gather to judge themselves and own their words."

Ah yes...The voice of religion speaks...

Ryuji turned to see the monk standing near the Asako Hero.

"An...interesting assessment, Monk-san. Courtiers gathering in a court to ascertain one another's words. Could that also be the same as monks gathering in a shrine to judge those based upon their beliefs? Has a courtier ever left their station to go to a temple to judge a monk on spiritual matters they may be ignorant of?"

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:58 pm 

The monk stops, bows to the Otomo.

"A gathering of monks in the temple is simply a different type of court. Talk to monks of Benten looking for nuance between superior moments of love and you will hear as much energy as those of courtiers deciding the better horizon to view while deciding the fates of many, Otomo-sama. I am a monk whose role is to advise the hero, to learn, and share what is learned. If your duty takes you to the temple to advise us, would you not go?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:58 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Really? Chikushudo? That is the realm of Inari-no-kami, right?'' That comment made Nagiko raise an eyebrow with interest.

"Yes, for seven years." Iko replied as she held tight to her teacup. "My sensei told me he normally hails from Sakkaku, but something about it being more jealous than Chikushudo."

She leans in a little closer. "I must admit most of that nature of the realms speech went right over my head."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:07 pm 

Kodama wrote:
The monk stops, bows to the Otomo.

"A gathering of monks in the temple is simply a different type of court. Talk to monks of Benten looking for nuance between superior moments of love and you will hear as much energy as those of courtiers deciding the better horizon to view while deciding the fates of many, Otomo-sama. I am a monk whose role is to advise the hero, to learn, and share what is learned. If your duty takes you to the temple to advise us, would you not go?"

"I go where my lord assigns me and serve accordingly. That is my duty. That is my place. I dare not stray from it. I know my place and when it is proper to advise on matters while in that place of service."

Ryuji turned to Kashiwagi.

"You have quite an advisor Asako-sama. An honor to have met such a knowledgeable advisor." Ryuji bowed.

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:12 pm 

"Indeed. Carry the Fortunes', Otomo-sama. How can they ever advise you?" He bows again and proceeds with the walking away that he had been instructed to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:17 pm 

Kodama wrote:
"Indeed. Carry the Fortunes', Otomo-sama. How can they ever advise you?" He bows again and proceeds with the walking away that he had been instructed to do.

The Asako hero-sage wanted to rub the bridge of his nose but decided against it and instead shifted his eyes towards the Otomo and nodded at his words, respectfully and then slowly to the monk who was now deigned his advisor.

He allowed a long silence and then said, “Despite what can be seen he is well-armed with wisdom, even when I choose to not to hear it; I cannot escape it.”

“We cannot judge him by who he serves but who he chooses as his enemy, and he has chosen the opposition of the Steel Chrysanthemum as the subject of his sermons. Even when I grow weary of his wise words, I know they come from a place of affection and duty to the Empire.”

He offered to the monk, “A Great Hero should have a great advisor, so name yourself, honored advisor, so that the Otomo can know of whom he speaks to.”

OOC: Heraldry TN 50: 5d10o10k4 14

Etiquette, Obviously I did not relaize my Advisor had wisdom for me, forgive this cranky hero, dear advisor: 6d10o10k3 30

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:24 pm 

Kodama stops. Turns.

Walks back.

Bows.

"I am Kodama, Asako-sama. Of the Thousand Fortunes order, in service to the Fortune of Heroes, Reichin-no-kami."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:29 pm 

Kodama wrote:
Kodama stops. Turns.

Walks back.

Bows.

"I am Kodama, Asako-sama. Of the Thousand Fortunes order, in service to the Fortune of Heroes, Reichin-no-kami."

"A good man with wisdom is priceless,” he said to the monk. “Kodama-san, speaks with Sincerity. I do not always ask for his wise words but he gives them all the same and I am better for it.”

“Thank you for reminding me, Otomo-san, I must not forget that Courageous men should not be cruel, nor should they ignore those of lesser station. Wisdom comes from below and above, that’s in the Tao somewhere, yes, Kodama-san?” he mused.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next