It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: Lion Medicine [Day 7, EA]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:55 pm 

"Easy there." Erina suspects that she has her work cut out for her. The lion was sick, and she needed help in Erina's estimation. Of course, that would first mean that she would need to, at the very least, get the creature some place warm, dry and importantly, away from where she might cause harm.

This is going to be a project

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

Post subject: Re: Lion Medicine [Day 7, EA]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:53 pm 

Where are you currently with the lion? Do you have your lions, too?

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:33 pm 

OOC: I had picked out an isolated stable. Yes the cats are with me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:40 pm 

You can tell that this lion will probably never be able to be a fighter, after all it has suffered.

You may inspect the creature closely (Animal Handling/Perception, TN 20 from a distance or TN 10 if you get closer) and try to get a sense of what might have happened to it (Animal Handling/Intelligence, TN 20).

You may also attempt to become better friends with the creature (Animal Handling/Awareness, TN 25).

You may do these things in any order, as well as any other things you may wish to try that I haven't listed.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:54 pm 

"Hey girl, I know it's been a trying time. Psst psst psst psst" Erina gestures to Ore, who moves forward only to be on the receiving end of a series of swipes.

Too skittish. Too much time kept in that cage, and not imprinting properly

The creature would almost certainly never be a fighter, but that was alright. Getting back into survivable shape would be enough.

"What did they do to you...

Observe from a distance-Perception/AH- TN 20: 9d10o10k4 36
what happened to the lion-TN 20 Intelligence/AH, VP spent: 8d10o10k3 53

"Come here girl..." Erina holds out some food and waits to see if she is open to joining a family

Make Friends with the Lion-TN 25-Animal Habdling/Awareness: 8d10o10k3 18

Maybe this would take time

(OOC: Medicine check if the lion is sick?)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 pm 

You're able to see a few scars and things, including what looks like a broken rear leg that may not have healed totally correctly, based on the way she's moving on it.

Based on your observations and experience, you're pretty sure this lioness was mistreated for a long time, and nothing particularly recently other than being underfed: it's possible the merchant did not abuse this animal at all, unless he had it for a long time (excepting the malnourishment, which is more neglect than abuse).

The lioness reacts poorly to you, probably after so many years being unable to trust people. She is overtly hostile, though not aggressive.

[You can make a Medicine check to see if she's sick. The rest is mostly just overall looking from years of working with animals.]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:06 pm 

"Well girl, we are going to get you some food. I'm sorry, but we are going to have to keep you here for a while. Ore, Kamu, keep an eye on her and don't let her leave."

Erina trusts that two healthy, trained and uninjured warcats can keep this injured one in line.

(OOC: animal handling to help build up her strength for the day?)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:25 pm 

OOC: At this point, you should decide what you want to do and roll the dice for it, and I can take that summary and run with it. If you want to do it in pieces, you can do that, too, and I'll reply with a brief bit after each. I'm following the thread, so will reply when I can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:50 pm 

Erina returns with some food, patiently placing it out where the lioness can reach it, but makes sure not to lean with her hand. The cat is already stressed from being in a new place and restrained, with other cats around her. Patience is needed for this one, but Erina has plenty of practice.

(OOC: Going to try to tame the lion over the course of days, get her calm even if she can never enter the pack for a battle.)

Day 1 of housebreaking lion-Awareness/Animal Handling-Unknown TN: 8d10o10k3 24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 pm 

She begins to trust you more as you don't abuse her and bring food (and there are other lions that trust you).

She's not trusting, mind you, but you're more confident she won't just attack you for existing near her.