It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:09 am 

"I remember being bounced on my mother's knee when I was very little, she was an Asahina by birth and training, and she would make the air kami swirl around me floating her origami around us both." Iko closes her eyes in memory as a genuine smile crosses her face.

"She hasn't been doing too well lately though, Father writes that the recent mystical disturbances have left her unwell."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:12 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai looks to Sukima. "If there are puppetmasters behind this madness, they surely will have to face the same punishing blind rage our ancestors are giving us at this moment. I do not think one could tame that rage and use it as they want."

She holds her fan on her back, adding, "I can't help but to adhere myself to the fact that our ancestor's returned spirit found obedience from the pious among us. Those that could not see this madness in his soul. Perhaps due to his spiritual cover. Until, of course, it was too late."

"Perhaps," she murmured behind her fan.

This situation does have far too many benefits for those who would see the Hantei line weaken or fall. It's too convenient.

"He was able to gain many followers despite his actions in life, as well."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:27 am 

Yasuki Daisuke wrote:
The Carp bowed in return, smiling behind his fan. "Yasuki Daisuke. It is very nice to meet you." He remained in his position to continue the conversation. "And to acquiesce to such defiance would only imbalance things more. I fear that there may come a point where there will be more discussions to bow to this terror than to fight it."

She frowned slightly, realising the truth of the Crab's words.

"The Crab of the South have faced countless evils for centuries... more should listen to the words you speak, Yasuki-sama, for I worry that what you say will come to pass." Tsukimi shook her head in dismay. "People will worry about power and where the pieces will fall, rather than consider what is right and what is wrong."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:04 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I believe we all made it, thank the Kami." She nodded at the recognition of Manami as she was pointed out. "...Though I must admit, I am a bit curious what ever happened to Togashi-dono. I realize he likely is a man with many abilities, but surely someone should have seen him at some point, leaving or coming."

Poemu paused, looking deeply thoughtful before shaking her head, looking a bit sheepish. "I suppose it isn't worth worrying about too much, I am certain he can handle himself. I am a natural worrier though. I would hate to think he was somewhere along the way, on his own..."

Wasako raised her brows, perhaps realizing her oversight on thinking about the Clan's champion's wellbeing. "He should be fine...I would believe that Togashi-dono could come and go as he chooses. The question is if he was ever truly with us? He can't quite leave the Toshi no Omoidoso if he was never there to begin with. It's likely he has already made his way to where he needed to be? Without knowing for sure, that could be anywhere."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:24 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"I remember being bounced on my mother's knee when I was very little, she was an Asahina by birth and training, and she would make the air kami swirl around me floating her origami around us both." Iko closes her eyes in memory as a genuine smile crosses her face.

"She hasn't been doing too well lately though, Father writes that the recent mystical disturbances have left her unwell."

'' Oh, it is sad to hear about that.'' Nagiko gives the Togashi her sympathies. '' But such a beautiful moment you have there Togashi-sama. Really a worthy memory to treasure.'' She adds.

'' Indeed, i have heard of such mystical disturbance, and although i'm not a shugenja, i have come to think that the appearance of Hantei XVI-heika, or shiryo, or whatever he is, must have some sort of connection to it.'' She commented.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
"Perhaps," she murmured behind her fan.

This situation does have far too many benefits for those who would see the Hantei line weaken or fall. It's too convenient.

"He was able to gain many followers despite his actions in life, as well."

Horonigai snaps her fan over and leans closer to Sukima, trying to understand more her thoughts. "Ne, S-"

She bites her lips and starts over, "Ne, Yoko-no-kami. I am aware he was very rigid and strict. But many samurai are like that, too: lacking with the Compassion in their actions and acting like vicious warmongers. Is there something else I am unaware of that he did that excelled the coldness of steel many Clans employ?"

Certainly, Horonigai was no master historian to know all the details of how brutal the Steel Chrysanthemum reign actually was. After all, reality was supposed to have been watered down in the history books.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:39 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Indeed, i have heard of such mystical disturbance, and although i'm not a shugenja, i have come to think that the appearance of Hantei XVI-heika, or shiryo, or whatever he is, must have some sort of connection to it.'' She commented.

Iko stayed quiet for a moment as the servant brought over the snacks, and then helped herself to a small rice ball before she answered.

"That is an interesting theory, that I don't recall hearing expressed before. I wonder if the timing of his return is linked to any of those events, but I imagine that the only people who know for certain are unlikely to sit down over tea and cakes to discuss your theory." Iko looks a little despondent that she can't think of a good way to verify Nagiko's supposition.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai snaps her fan over and leans closer to Sukima, trying to understand more her thoughts. "Ne, S-"

She bites her lips and starts over, "Ne, Yoko-no-kami. I am aware he was very rigid and strict. But many samurai are like that, too: lacking with the Compassion in their actions and acting like vicious warmongers. Is there something else I am unaware of that he did that excelled the coldness of steel many Clans employ?"

Certainly, Horonigai was no master historian to know all the details of how brutal the Steel Chrysanthemum reign actually was. After all, reality was supposed to have been watered down in the history books.

"Hmm... That is probably something to be discussed at another time," she said. "Some have passed down stories that didn't make it into the histories, though. If they're true, they paint the events at court as not an isolated incident."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"That is an interesting theory, that I don't recall hearing expressed before. I wonder if the timing of his return is linked to any of those events, but I imagine that the only people who know for certain are unlikely to sit down over tea and cakes to discuss your theory." Iko looks a little despondent that she can't think of a good way to verify Nagiko's supposition.

Nagiko shrugged. '' Well, not that i have any prove. But why would the Spirits of former samurai appear if there's balance in the elements? Who knows...'' She commented.

'' Indeed. I heard rumours and now in these debates that those spirits apparently act in a violent form. Not natural. Or not acting as a normal denizen of ningen-do would act.''

'' Spirits are weird indeed.'' She, for a moment remembers Asahime.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:51 am 

"I know that many are afraid. Afraid of uncertainty."

The Hilsilage tries to remember how the humans frame these feelings, his tongue grasping for the right words to avoid insult.

"I know that you see the threat. That you hear of the force bearing down on us."

The Hilsilage taps his chin with the black and red fan.

"We did love the Emperor who saw us not as brutish beasts, who welcomed our envoys and who's compassion helped us bring to order our shattered minds. Are we not still loyal to that brave young soul even as it leaves this place for better realms? His heir a fragile hatchling? Do we not reach out for his presence and come up dry? As you mourn him, will you crown his murderer?"

One influence point for the Imperial.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:06 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako raised her brows, perhaps realizing her oversight on thinking about the Clan's champion's wellbeing. "He should be fine...I would believe that Togashi-dono could come and go as he chooses. The question is if he was ever truly with us? He can't quite leave the Toshi no Omoidoso if he was never there to begin with. It's likely he has already made his way to where he needed to be? Without knowing for sure, that could be anywhere."

Poemu's face was deeply thoughtful a long moment before she nodded reluctantly. "H-hai. I suppose I think too practically to see things so... mystically. It's a part of learning away from the Dragon I suppose. The rest of you seem much more comfortable with such matters. All I can think is that he was there and had to go away somehow..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:28 am 

Kanade had stood for a long time before speaking. It was her duty to weigh in on the issue, yet she was a minor clansman of average status. Furthermore, her mind was a bit distracted after all the events of the day so she didn't try to make too elaborate an argument.

Apparently, simple yet pointed had some sway. "His time has passed. It is our duty is to look towards the future. The Empress shall hold the throne til the Emperor comes of age. We shall not question Imperial Mandate." After that bit, Kanade backed towards the wall and faded into the group of courtiers, hiding her expression behind her fan.

(One raise called, tn20= 35 2 imperialist points)

((PM if approached))

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:50 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Indeed. I heard rumours and now in these debates that those spirits apparently act in a violent form. Not natural. Or not acting as a normal denizen of ningen-do would act.''

'' Spirits are weird indeed.'' She, for a moment remembers Asahime.

"I shall defer to your wisdom in such matters, the only spirit realm I have had contact with is Chikushudo, and I doubt our attackers hail from there." She chuckled before wetting her throat with the tea once more.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:31 am 

Chen arrived at the forum and looked about seeing all the new faces he had a small smile on his face. He looked about as he entered the building and had a small misstep scrambling to catch himself he hit a wall and straightened clearing his throat and straightening his kimono still with a smile on his lips albeit with a touch of sheepishness in it now.

after taking some time to listen to others for a moment and to compose himself the Scorpion addressed the court "Now fellow samurai, I make no claims that I am a knowledgeable man in the matters of law, or spirits, or philosophy. I am a humble bushi who simply thinks about what he hears. To me this Steel Chrysanthemum had his time on the throne, the heavens spoke and his time ended. He served his duty and died well, now he returns and breaks the celestial cycle of life and death. I can't believe that the heavens wish for us to be ruled by those who have passed, that is no way to move forward. I just believe that the living should rule the living and the dead should rule the dead. There is more I could say but I feel I have already taken too much of your time." he gave a short bow and stepped back into the crowd.

--------------------------------------------
D7 LA influence roll 1 raise tn 20 imperialist vp for +1k1: 6d10o10k4 25
2 imperialist points

((Please PM if approached))

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:19 pm 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
"Hmm... That is probably something to be discussed at another time," she said. "Some have passed down stories that didn't make it into the histories, though. If they're true, they paint the events at court as not an isolated incident."

Horonigai nods to her childhood princess and straightens herself up. Her fan closes and returns into the obi.

With a thin smile, Horonigai regains much of the spirit she had lost since the incident at Morikage Toshi. Standing guard near oneesan Sukima-denka was always something she imagined doing. Even if this isn't the case entirely, it feels like it is inside.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:38 pm 

Seitouna adds a bit more to his notes.
Quote:
Matters continued in such a way for a while, with many voices once again agreeing that the wife and child of the slain Emperor must be supported, his slayer opposed. But the song they sang was not so well harmonized as it had been before when the choir graced another court; again, the lower roar was missed.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu's face was deeply thoughtful a long moment before she nodded reluctantly. "H-hai. I suppose I think too practically to see things so... mystically. It's a part of learning away from the Dragon I suppose. The rest of you seem much more comfortable with such matters. All I can think is that he was there and had to go away somehow..."

"I'm as familiar with him as you are, Agasha-sama. I could only guess the possibilities. There is purpose to all things but I imagine that to someone like Togashi-dono in his infinite wisdom, he might be 10 steps ahead of everyone. I suppose that might apply to the..." she tried to think of a word. "..efficiency of his travel? There are tales that some great monks supposedly transcend the state of mind into reality. 10 physical steps are trivial at that point."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:32 pm 

Poemu had gone far past her area of even supposition by that point. She was quite thoroughly a woman of the mundane, so she finally just nodded.

"I suppose we will just have to trust him then. Togashi-dono would surely not put himself into undue danger."

If a woman could grow cat ears, Poemu would have right then. A wagging tail would have done as well. Instead, the Agasha merely casually changed the subject. "Ah, but I'm certain we have more than enough problems ourselves. Your husband must be quite anxious for your safety Mirumoto-san."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:03 pm 

If Poemu grew cat ears, Wasako might have considered to be amazing but only as amazing as finding out there was such a thing as banana-flavoured rice cakes.

She gave Poemu wide blinks at her words and blushed fiercely, surely only embarrassed for her superior's mistake. "...Sumimasen, but this one is actually unwed, Agasha-sama..." She said as she ducked her head in apology for correcting her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:58 pm 

It was a fine art to look surprised, but not TOO surprised. She even willed a soft flush to her cheeks. "Ah, is that so? That is unexpected Mirumoto-san. One as pretty and talented as yourself must surely have had nakodo offering matches since you were young."

She waved away the 'mistake' with her fan. "Then what of your parents? Surely they must be worried as well."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next