It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: Parlay [D7, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:42 pm 

Informed that this was the place in the city to settle down complicated matters, Horonigai expects its environment can instill serenity to the topic she would like to discuss. After all, they ended up at Nikesake nonetheless.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: Parlay [D7, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:55 pm 

Even he had heard of this room. He wished that he was visiting it under better circumstances. But when in Nikesake, this was the room where he would find the most peace, and find the finest minds willing to discuss much. He slithered in slowly, a bag slung over his shoulder. Finding an unoccupied pile of cushions, he coiled himself on them, using one of his coils as almost an armrest to lean on, just listening and watching for now.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:25 am 

Tsukimi had only had time to give herself a quick wash and a change of dry clothes, having spent a past couple of days guiding the refugees and also helping them find their place in Nikesake.

And yet she was weary when she arrived at the Blue Tiled Room, but in hopes that calmer, more philosophical environs would give her some peace of mind. The temples she had figured would be seeing an influx of visitors now under these circumstances and probably wouldn't offer as much quiet serenity.

Walking inside, she took in a deep breath to get a feel of the place.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:37 am 

Horonigai nods to the Shakanar, but focuses on matter she wanted to see done dutifully. Approaching Tsukimi, she provides a bow in greeting. "Good morning, Togashi-san. Please, treat me kindly. I hope Inari-no-kami has blessed you."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:49 am 

Tsukimi nodded and bowed to the Imperial. "Morning's blessings upon you, Seppun-sama. I've partaken in sustenance, yes." It hadn't exactly been rice. "It's good to see you and so many others made it here safely."

She gave a nod of acknowledgement to the Naga too.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:12 am 

"It is good indeed." Horonigai nods and inhales before saying, "I... owe you recognition, Togashi-san."

Making this confession is visibly hard on her, but the Imperial presses forward, as honor demands, "You have cared for the people like you said you would, and I doubted it. You've brought them here safe and sound."

The Seppun bows. "Thank you for the lesson."

--
Awareness/Sincerity VP for Skill +1 raise not to offend + Benten's: 4d10o10k4-5 44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:34 am 

He gave a faint nod of recognition to both of the ladies, but did not disturb them, just listening as words flowed, a book taking out of his bag and opened, reading from it, one finger tracing the words as he read, though it was with the ease of one who has read this book many times before.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:15 am 

There was no smugness in her smile, only the kind of calm found in the expression of a teacher or parent upon seeing growth.

"And what lesson did you learn?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:02 pm 

“A great many conflicts in Bushido. And how Compassion may allow these conflicts to find serenity.” She nods, firmly, and with a confident curl at the corner of her lips.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:34 pm 

"A true path is always a difficult one," she said with a slight nod of her head.

"Especially because there are many pitfalls. With good intentions and sometimes not. Anger is certainly one that can drag many of us down in trying times like this, particularly anger with oneself." Tsukimi paused and gave the girl a sympathetic look. "You've carried a heavy burden with you since we first met, Seppun-sama. Do you still carry it today?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:07 pm 

The young Seppun looks up to the ceiling of the blue room, and inhales deeply. She shakes her head negatively, answering the Dragon, "I still do. It is something only the Heavens will lift from my shoulders, I expect. Although, I believe I grew stronger, since it feels lighter than it was."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:15 am 

Her smile was warm, even through her weariness. "The Heavens and the universe have given us many tools to easen the burdens we have to carry, one of them being the wisdom to know when it is time to step up, and when it is time to let go."

"But I hope you continue to find strength to make your burden lighter, Seppun-sama, so that eventually you will no longer feel it bringing you down. Perhaps the Fortune of Redemption, who has a shrine in this city, will provide you with some guidance?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:10 am 

"Hai." Horonigai allows that retained smile to open up due the coincidence. "I visited this morning. I actually went there to by the shrine's name, but ended up finding another shrine inside to the Fortune."

Still inspired by the sincerity that got infused in her. She asks, with genuine interest, "How has Togashi-san been doing?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:25 am 

"The Fortunes work in mysterious ways," she remarked upon hearing that Horonigai had found another Fortune to pray to on her way. There was probably a greater meaning to it, or perhaps something else she needed there instead, Tsukimi figured.

At the question, she breathes in deeply, closing her eyes for a few moments. "It has been a trying time, but... I am at peace with knowing that I did all I could, given the circumstances. Some of the refugees were lost along the way, but the majority made it her safely..." the losses weighed a little on her, but she didn't seem to lie when she said she was at peace with those she had not been able to save.

"I cannot change the past, only the now and hopefully the future. If this crisis is stopped, then I can rest knowing that the Lion will then have people to plant and sow in their fields."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:37 am 

The Seppun smile wanes, but serenity remains. "I am happy to know that."

A thought occurs, and Horonigai lets it loose. "Does Togashi-san know which moon phase we are?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:39 am 

She gave an apologetic shake of her head. "I'm afraid not, Seppun-sama. The rain has made it difficult to keep up with the ever-changing moon and the passing of the stars. But I'm certain we could find out somehow if it is something you wish to learn."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:33 pm 

She nods. "When the clouds part. That is proper. I just wondered, talking to Togashi-san, that would be pleasant to observe Lord Moon. If the kami allows us to."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:06 pm 

"If the kami allow us too," she smiled gently, "it would be nice to watch together, yes. Not that the sky now isn't without its charms... sometimes I think I might even see some divine creature in the rainy clouds above."

"You've seen it too, no?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 am 

"I can't say... I did not." She says, pausing in the middle.

"I wonder if it is the Water Dragon as some are saying," Horonigai mentions while moving near the window to look up again. "Why rain so much. Is this to stop us form fighting, or to delay reinforcements?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:01 am 

"Perhaps..." she mused thoughtfully. If it was, what an amazing blessing it had to be. "Regardless of which Heavenly creature it is, its presence is a sure sign of the Heavens paying close attention to what is happening in the Empire now. We are at a crossroads, that will shape the future greatly."

Tsukimi fidgeted with her cowl as she thought about it. "I don't know if the rain is to make us stop fighting, or delay reinforcements... I haven't seen any other signs that could give a hint of the motives. One of my clanmates is a skilled diviner, so I hope she can shed some light on the question."