It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Show Must Go On [Day 3, Early Afternoon, Open]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:38 am 

As anticipation for the final story builds, Degarashi feels his nerves creeping in once more.

Fluff Acting: 6d10o10k3 21

He bows to the audience, then moves his hands forward in a series of plucking motions, placing his fan in his left hand. Whenever he plucks, he brings his right hand to the fan and opens it slightly, until it's nearly one quarter open. Then he begins moving the fan over the cloth on the stage, as if creating an ikebana attachment.

The fan opens and closes like a door, and he looks up.

"Ah, Doji-sama! Welcome to my humble flower shop. Is there some way I can assist you?"

"There is, shopkeeper. I seek flowers for the garden in my home, but the soil is tough and the winds harsh. I need something strong and beautiful."

"Ah, I see, a true dilemma. Come, follow me, Doji-san, I will show you my wares."

Degarashi tapped the fan against the stage in a swift staccato of footsteps, then clicked it open and shut.

"Here we have peonies, Doji-san, the best in the empire."

"I have tried peonies, shopkeeper. They are beautiful, but not strong. They will not do."

"Hai." More tapping, and another door.

"How about these daffodils, Doji-san? They are solid and quite resilient."

"I agree that they are strong, shopkeeper, but they are far from beautiful. They will not do."

Degarashi sat in contemplation, then held up a finger and gestured to follow him. There was more tapping and more doors, until Degarashi swept an arm out wide.

"How about this, Doji-san?"

"Surely you jest, shopkeeper, these flowers are weak and sickly@"

"Hai, Doji-san, many of my chrysanthemums are as you say, because of that one over there. It is surely the hardiest of my stock, for it steals the strength of its fellows to feed itself. No flower in my shop possesses more strength, or more terrible a beauty."

Degarashi paused, then pointed. "What of those in the corner there? They seem unaffected."

He turned his head. "Oh, yes, it is because of the one that stands before them, that battered one right there. " He sighed. "Every day the strongest of my flowers attacks it, slashing at the stem, plucking petals, bruising and bashing and trying to take its strength, and that of the ones behind it. It hurts me to watch, but it refuses to yield, and the other flowers have begun to grow behind it, hoping to escape the fate of the others around them."

"And it protects them?"

"Hai, Doji-san, after a fashion. It will not allow the other chrysanthemum past to strike at the ones behind it. But surely you don't wish it for your garden? It is beaten and bruised, no longer as beautiful as it was, nor will it ever be. For what reason would you pick such a flower over the other?"

Degarashi smiled.

"Because it is perfect."

Degarashi waited a few silent moments for the audience to absorb his words, then bowed deeply, and stayed there, indicating that the performance was now complete.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:41 am 

Seitouna considers the performance--the final one.

Yes, but which chrysanthemum is which? he thinks.

He ponders in the wake of the abrupt shift in tone.

I hope they don't kill him for it.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:45 am 

Banzai, Degarashi-san. Banzai.

Norikami tossed another sweet into his mouth.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 am 

"Bold for one so bland." Aya commented, taking another sip of sake.

"The same cannot be said for this sake, which is just lovely though." she offers in the Yasuki's direction.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:13 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
"Bold for one so bland." Aya commented, taking another sip of sake.

"The same cannot be said for this sake, which is just lovely though." she offers in the Yasuki's direction.

"It's milder and more nuanced chilled, Yogo-sama. But it didn't feel like the right weather for that sort of thing. As is, it is rich and bracing, which fits."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"It's milder and more nuanced chilled, Yogo-sama. But it didn't feel like the right weather for that sort of thing. As is, it is rich and bracing, which fits."

Aya nodded.

"One can appreciate flexibility in a given situation." she offered. "Hopefully you've heard nothing but good comments upon it."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya nodded.

"One can appreciate flexibility in a given situation." she offered. "Hopefully you've heard nothing but good comments upon it."

"Nothing so far. I'm just happy it can bring some people enjoyment. After all, I'm just part of the family who came up with the recipe, as it were. I can hardly claim any responsibility for the outcome, just what I do with it."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:26 am 

Yukinaga took heart in his brother's words, a tale of a pummeled guardian protecting until those that are weaker can protect themselves. It would be the tale of them here he searched for his brother's eyes hoping to catch them but not certain if he could in such a crowd.

The statement was bold but should be inspiring to all those here who stood in the way of such a beast.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:35 am 

Mogami sits and ponders on the subject matter of the play. She then gives a slow clap, quickly gaining pace until it is normal speed.

She turns to her budoka and says

"We should all strive to be such as the beaten chrysanthemum, protecting those who cannot protect themselves. There is no greater truth in this world."

Her two men nod solemnly and give the playwright a bow.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:43 am 

Once the Scorpion gave his final performance of the afternoon, the Tortoise nodded his head approvingly, fan fluttering in hand as he looked around to see the other reactions.

Bold statements made this day. Entertaining - but lessons to be learned as well.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 am 

Kato-dono.

Her bridal heart beats faster, as she reminds herself of the battered chrysanthemum hiding under the darkest shades of the Imperial Palace when she was younger.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:01 am 

Chihaya listened to that tale in silence.

When it was finished, she simply nodded, once, and then stood, fixing the scorpion with a silent gaze.

That final tale could hold many layers, and in it, the man had shown a depth which belied his comedy and his bland features.

There was a Scorpion to watch... if you could keep track of him.

There was no applause, she would not sully the power of that final performance with bawdy noise, and so she simply bowed to the stage, and then exited, padding quietly away, headed toward the Gate and her own duties, with much to consider as she went.

/exit

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:18 am 

The young Unicorn had spent enough time in court to understand that the final story wasn't meant to be funny. It was a message...but to whom? He looked around to study other peoples' reactions.

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Her bridal heart beats faster, as she reminds herself...

"I don't get it, Seppun-sama," Baatar ventured. "What does it mean?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:10 am 

Uruwashii inclines her head toward Degarashi, showing her approval of the performance. Tilting her umbrella, she moves away from the crowd and waits for the monster hunters to approach.

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:02 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
The young Unicorn had spent enough time in court to understand that the final story wasn't meant to be funny. It was a message...but to whom? He looked around to study other peoples' reactions.

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Her bridal heart beats faster, as she reminds herself...

"I don't get it, Seppun-sama," Baatar ventured. "What does it mean?"

The nostalgia fuels up the response. She smiles to Baatar, trying to explain something that has no single answer, and leans closer, covering her mouth to say, "Anno... a noble sacrifice, selflessness and duty. Even battered, the chrysanthemum in the middle sustains the strong one, and allows the other ones to flourish."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
Uruwashii inclines her head toward Degarashi, showing her approval of the performance. Tilting her umbrella, she moves away from the crowd and waits for the monster hunters to approach.

Norikami nudged Aya.
"Finish your drink", he said and ate the rest of the sweets. When they were ready they approached Uruwashii and bowed.

:"Lady Shosuro, we were successful. I'll let Yogo-san fill details on the beast if you'd like, but there were no casualties and the lion were helpful enough."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:09 am 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:

Norikami nudged Aya.
"Finish your drink", he said and ate the rest of the sweets. When they were ready they approached Uruwashii and bowed.

:"Lady Shosuro, we were successful. I'll let Yogo-san fill details on the beast if you'd like, but there were no casualties and the lion were helpful enough."

She finished her drink, and made the appropriate bows to the Shosuro daimyo.

She looked about at the various people around. It was possible that such words would be lost in the crowd, but it was also possible to draw too much attention.

She instead waited to see what the daimyo wanted to know.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:27 pm 

"That you were successful is enough," she replies, looking over both of them. "Well done. That removes one one of the problems against us."

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:36 pm 

He smiled inside his mempo. A pat on the head was good enough from a daimyo, he felt.

He looked at Aya, his expression reading that they can probably fuck right off about now unless she had anything to bother the head goon with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
He smiled inside his mempo. A pat on the head was good enough from a daimyo, he felt.

He looked at Aya, his expression reading that they can probably fuck right off about now unless she had anything to bother the head goon with.

She didn't. She did bow at the daimyo's praise, but once they were dismissed, she'd be happy to fuck right off.

A little positive attention from a daimyo was a good thing indeed, but there was a point where one was asking for trouble by demanding too much of it.

Theme Song

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next