It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:38 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Etoo, just wanted to know more about you Togashi-sama. For not any particular reason except for knowing about a famous duelist, i must say.'' Nagiko shrugs. She was just curious about the woman's life.

"There is no need to apologise," Iko replies in a friendly tone, accompanied by a broad grin. "Friends have few secrets from each other and I have decided that friends we shall be. Be warned though, for each question that I answer, you too shall need answer one of mine. Sound fair?"

Lifting a well manicured hand, she gestures to a servant for a tray of snacks.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
Seppun Horonigai wrote:
She wanted to hug her cousin, but court, manners and duty come first. An potential deeper reverence is returned back to Sukima. Yet, since decorum demanded, she allowed Sukima with the longer bow, returning a bit faster.

"Konnichiwa, Yogo-no-kimi. Yoroshiku onegashimasu~" Horonigai says while her green eyes to meet those blue of Sukima's Gliterring with the colors her dear cousin reflect on the Seppun herself. "Ara, ne! I'm the one glad to see you... and relieved. You're safe! How are.. things here. Do you need something I could help with?"

"I am. I apologize for causing concern. Things are well, thus far, setting aside the events of Winter Court and the travel here. You were there for those," she said, raising her fan over her lips. "Ah, but my manners. Seppun-sama, this is my clanmate, Shosuro Sara-san. She's an actress. Shosuro-san, this is Seppun Horonigai-sama, my cousin and a Miharu."

Sara bowed to the newcomer. "Konnichiwa Seppun-sama. An honor to meet you." She eyed the two of them. Quaint. "I hope your travels have been safe so far here."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:34 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara bowed to the newcomer. "Konnichiwa Seppun-sama. An honor to meet you." She eyed the two of them. Quaint. "I hope your travels have been safe so far here."

"Fortunately, the travels have been safe. For all that is worth, I did not witness or heard about any sort of dishonorable ambush. It seems that even filled with anger, they still adhere to some aspects of their former selves. What if this blindness that covers their vision is somehow lifted, and they are able to seek redemption?"

Horonigai looks to the speakers as she thinks over the topic.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:40 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Moto Baatar wrote:
"Ohh, I mean to say, the army should commandeer food supplies from Nikesake," Baatar said in response to Kashiwagi's correction, although he did not sound particularly chastened. "Then fall back to draw Steel Flower towards the Imperial legions. Whether we fight or negotiate with him, either way we'll be better off if we're closer to reinforcements and his army is hungry and overextended."

"Never have I heard a good point put forth so poorly, child. Your tactical acumen of overextending the enemy is sound, commandeering from the very Clan, whose city we currently reside in, mind you, seems like a terrible, tactical maneuver.”

Kashiwagi continued, “I am going to allow you a moment to contemplate why your suggestion is a bad suggestion.”
Moto Baatar wrote:
"Or perhaps the great hero has another, even better plan?" he inquired.

"Well whatever plan I decide upon would not include wholesale theft from the very people who have opened their doors to us and are giving us shelter. Right now I lack information to make a plan, so I am rectifying that shortcoming.”

Ryuji casually approached the Phoenix hero and the Unicorn. He listened a bit more, then spoke.

"Forgive me, I am no tactician and I am certainly not soldier. I have not expertise in anything involving military. For that, I defer to those with the skill and training to do so." Ryuji turned slightly towards the Moto.

"I am sure that Moto-san is very adept in his training of the military arts and no one would ever discount your great abilities Asako-sama, so whatever suggestions or plans that you would offer would be well received..." Ryuji took a moment to pause.

"I'm sure Moto-san would not suggest an act that would be disrespectful to the host of everyone here. Isn't that right Moto-san?"

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:51 pm 

An Otomo... Kashiwagi rubbed the bridge of his nose as the headache was returning with a vengeance. He did nod politely to the man even as he watched the courtier wade into the situation and surely add his two zeni for the worse.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:17 pm 

Seitouna continues to compose.
Quote:
The mighty wind that had howled so in the courts of remembrance returned to fan the flames, provoking them to leap up angrily and attracting the attention of four serpents. And even as they did so, bamboo and chrysanthemum sprang up amid spreading ivy, and small bugs thought to ascend mountains.

Notably, though, no representatives of the local governor were present to oversee matters. Doubtlessly, they were taking counsel against the looming threat that we had evaded.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:28 pm 

The Abbess stepped forward and waited to be recognized. Once it was given she bowed to her host and then began speaking.

"This one at first supported the Empress and the Heir because she knew Hantei XXII as a good man and tried to be a just ruler and because it was what was right by the Celestial Order.

"After seeing the armies of the Usurper, the Steel Chrysanthemum, in battle and in the field . . . this one now knows that we all must stand against the destruction he brings."

"'To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace.'"

"We cannot let the Empire fall into barbarism and chaos. We must stand for what is right and protect the Empire and its people."

She bowed again and withdraw to the edges of the court.

OOC: Success with four raises, Imperialist.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 pm 

Otomo Ryuji wrote:
"I'm sure Moto-san would not suggest an act that would be disrespectful to the host of everyone here. Isn't that right Moto-san?"

"Oh, uh, quite right," Baatar said. "But I'm sure our hosts must be eager to support the cause of the rightful Emperor, and if Steel Flower takes the city, all their goods will be lost anyway. Wouldn't you agree?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:51 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
Otomo Ryuji wrote:

"Oh, uh, quite right," Baatar said. "But I'm sure our hosts must be eager to support the cause of the rightful Emperor, and if Steel Flower takes the city, all their goods will be lost anyway. Wouldn't you agree?"

Ryuji looked directly at the Moto now. His face gave no indication of supporting or being against his point of question. In the few moments of thought, Ryuji measured his words.

"In times like these, the welfare and safety of the Empress' people should be and is paramount. Goods of course can always be replaced. I have no doubt that the people will be provided for. Do you feel that daimyos or for that matter the Empress, rightful emperor, as you so stated before this body would not restore that which was lost to the people? Would the Child of Heaven leave their people to starve?"

Ryuji now moved to being directly center of the Asako and Moto. His voice elevated just slightly for those around to hear.

"It is deeply troubling, the uncertainty of what is and what could. Surely we all could remain here debating this over and over and our words as the great Asako here stated will not move what we are facing. For that matter, while times like these are desperate, what sense does it make to resort to an action that would be or could be construed as...criminal when all of this was started by a criminal act? We are samurai. We serve. That is our number one course of action. Seizing supplies for concern of them being lost seems a bit extreme, Moto-san. Again, I would not presume to be a tactician. I am ignorant of such things. I know that in these times, our Empress will provide. It is up to us to serve and protect. Looting and plundering are the actions of those who are desperate to serve and protect themselves."

((OOC: Imperialist Influence Roll D7 Crane Event w/2raises TN 25: 26))

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:35 pm 

That was more levelheaded than he expected but he remained on guard and just nodded politely. he gave voice to his halting approval with, “The wisdom of the Imperial families is always welcome.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:26 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
She spared a glance at the room before turning back to Peomu. "I see...So court isn't usually like this? Or how it was back at the Toshi too? Hm, it's a bit unfortunate."

"You must have spent all your time outside for that to be possible...and somewhere really sunny. Was court also held outdoor at times or they were other matters you had to attend to?" she asked curiously regarding her training with the Imperials.

"There are aspect similar to court, but normally things take a much slower pace, and drama is a lot less up front." She gave a slight smile. "As for my time outdoors... well, back home I was because I wasn't in court. The Atsumaru duty has us out in nature, and I followed my mother like her shadow."

"I also was trained by the Miya, and for all the time spent in a court, there was just as much out riding and traveling." Poemu's smile took on a fondness. "To think, a Dragon learning to ride a horse! They found it quite a fascinating experience."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:29 pm 

Agasha Manami is in the gathering as well, somewhat inconspicuous among the throng of Dragon and others besides the stern-looking Mirumoto yojimbo at her shoulder. She nods respectfully to acquaintances from Morikage Toshi and Toshi no Omoidoso and awaits an opportune moment to lend her voice to the Imperial cause.

Finding her time: "In the mad eyes of these red spirit warriors there is no negotiation, only violence and death. Where Tengoku and Ningen-do are realms of order, the spirit warriors are an abomination, incapable of valuing or hewing to order. We cannot negotiate -- cannot even engage in civilized battle -- with monsters. Battle them we must, for the survival of the empire and our people, but let us not foolishly speak of any order in this world that includes mad spirits. There can be no such order. They must be driven from this realm."

Manami kept her words brief and ended with stern emphasis. She didn't look to see the crowd's reaction, but the twitch of a smile on Takeshi's face made her proud.

______
OOC: Influence roll succeeds, 21 including one raise makes +2 Imperialist points.

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:42 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"There are aspect similar to court, but normally things take a much slower pace, and drama is a lot less up front." She gave a slight smile. "As for my time outdoors... well, back home I was because I wasn't in court. The Atsumaru duty has us out in nature, and I followed my mother like her shadow."

"I also was trained by the Miya, and for all the time spent in a court, there was just as much out riding and traveling." Poemu's smile took on a fondness. "To think, a Dragon learning to ride a horse! They found it quite a fascinating experience."

"I see..." she said looking at the people who've gathered once more, more attempting to see their emotions through their fans. As she had no courtly training, she found most of them rather listless. "I guess I've always thought drama was synonymous court but I suppose not all sword clashing is war either..."

"I think you've probably found it also a fascinating experience to travel the Empire," she nodded at Poemu with a bit of admiration at her opportunity. "And a variety of duties, it seems!"

Wasako really couldn't imagine someone sitting in court all the time day in and day out.

She nodded toward Agasha Manami's direction, trying to point her out to Poemu as one of the Dragon missing from the meeting. "Agasha-san and Mirumoto-san are safe, at least."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:43 pm 

"I believe we all made it, thank the Kami." She nodded at the recognition of Manami as she was pointed out. "...Though I must admit, I am a bit curious what ever happened to Togashi-dono. I realize he likely is a man with many abilities, but surely someone should have seen him at some point, leaving or coming."

Poemu paused, looking deeply thoughtful before shaking her head, looking a bit sheepish. "I suppose it isn't worth worrying about too much, I am certain he can handle himself. I am a natural worrier though. I would hate to think he was somewhere along the way, on his own..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
It was still strange that so many samurai looked to her and called her wise.

"You're too kind," she smiled slightly. "But yes, I do not see the point in contemplating any other choice. Ningen-do belongs to the living, not those who have broken out of the kharmic cycle. It is defying the rules of the universe."

Tsukimi gave a slight bow to the Crab. "Togashi Tsukimi of the Ise Zumi Order."

The Carp bowed in return, smiling behind his fan. "Yasuki Daisuke. It is very nice to meet you." He remained in his position to continue the conversation. "And to acquiesce to such defiance would only imbalance things more. I fear that there may come a point where there will be more discussions to bow to this terror than to fight it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"There is no need to apologise," Iko replies in a friendly tone, accompanied by a broad grin. "Friends have few secrets from each other and I have decided that friends we shall be. Be warned though, for each question that I answer, you too shall need answer one of mine. Sound fair?"

Lifting a well manicured hand, she gestures to a servant for a tray of snacks.

'' Sure, Togashi-sama. Sounds like a fair arrangement.'' Nagiko nods. '' You have answered my question, so, it is your turn for asking something about me.''

It was strange for a person to push for friendship so intently, but Nagiko didn't care, in fact she welcomed this situation since Iko was a famous person.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:48 pm 

"Wonderful," Iko beamed a smile at having found a potential new friend. Something about the Mantis seemed to set her in a positive mood, despite all the death and fear floating around at the moment.

"Let's see, something simple to start." Iko taps her nails against the lacquered table top as she thinks. "OH, I know. What is your favourite memory of your childhood.?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:24 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Fortunately, the travels have been safe. For all that is worth, I did not witness or heard about any sort of dishonorable ambush. It seems that even filled with anger, they still adhere to some aspects of their former selves. What if this blindness that covers their vision is somehow lifted, and they are able to seek redemption?"

Horonigai looks to the speakers as she thinks over the topic.

"The problem is not blindness," she replied with a slight shake of her head. "It's a matter of how extreme the response is. Their leader got through Winter Court while keeping his activities in the background. Those involved fully know what they're doing. They have chosen their path, and will reap the consequences one way or the other."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:41 pm 

Horonigai looks to Sukima. "If there are puppetmasters behind this madness, they surely will have to face the same punishing blind rage our ancestors are giving us at this moment. I do not think one could tame that rage and use it as they want."

She holds her fan on her back, adding, "I can't help but to adhere myself to the fact that our ancestor's returned spirit found obedience from the pious among us. Those that could not see this madness in his soul. Perhaps due to his spiritual cover. Until, of course, it was too late."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:05 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Wonderful," Iko beamed a smile at having found a potential new friend. Something about the Mantis seemed to set her in a positive mood, despite all the death and fear floating around at the moment.

"Let's see, something simple to start." Iko taps her nails against the lacquered table top as she thinks. "OH, I know. What is your favourite memory of your childhood.?"

'' Hmmm...'' Nagiko wonders for a while. There were so many things to think about it. Her life has not been bad so...

'' I guess, when my estemeed father agreed to taught me how to use a sword properly.'' She said. '' What about yours, Togashi-sama?'' She asked.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next