It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Post subject: An evening of princesses (D7 LE closed)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:13 pm 

Homura had made her decision; she preferred he previous city. This one seemed to have less exciting things to it, and required a garden with some interesting history, before it could compete.

It didn't even have better weather!

Homura, returning to the castle, sighed softly. What to do to entertain oneself.... she walked through the halls to her room slowly, hoping fate might allow her to find someone fun to spend a few hours with.

Post subject: Re: An evening of princesses (D7 LE closed)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:06 pm 

"Meow," meows a familiar black cat peeking at the corner of the corridor ahead. It has a fried fish locked within his tiny jaws.

In a flash, the small feline darts forward disappearing from view.

Moments after, a running chopstick wielding Horonigai crosses thorough the same corridor entrance while chasing the cat.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:09 pm 

Uh....what?

Blink blink. Stare stare.

Homura quickly hurried after Horo, more watching than interfering at this point. This was too good to interrupt right now, and her skills at animal calming might be required!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:07 pm 

Horonigai corners Kuchihige against the wall while standing in front of him with her arms opened. She orders him in a hiss, "Stay put and give me that fish! Bad boy!"

Kuchihige, lord of own self, refutes any command, and simply jumps to the open window at the wall. The cat whiplashes its tail nonchalantly and escapes the castle before Horonigai full attack at the window could reach him.

"Baka yaroooooou~" The Imperial princess curses the small feline with half her torso outside the castle's window while her legs and bum face the corridor.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:38 am 

Well now, isn't this a sight.

It was almost comical how the Seppun princess got herself outsmarted by a cat, and now in this situation. A part of her thought about leaving her to it, so that she didn't realise she had been seen. However....it wasn't the side that won out.

"Do you want me to help lure him back in Seppun-sama?" Homura said politely from just behind Horonigai.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:23 am 

Kusodareee! She curses inwardly while moving away from the window –– which of course: she bonks her head on her way out.

Scratching her head, the Seppun smiles sheepishly, "U-un. No need for it. He'll come back. I just prepared it with such care. Sneaky little Kuchihige waited for me to get distracted with tea and jumped on the plate."

She turns back shaking a fist, and then back to Homura. "Thanks for minding, though, ne! Sorry for bothering you with this display of improperty."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 pm 

"I was unaware one of the many skills Seppun-sama posses was in the preparation of food. You truly are an incredible woman" Homura gave her a warm smile "and I will speak nothing of this incident, I swear on my honour. It is as if it never happened!"

Homura paused before an idea popped to mind.

"Now, as your feline companion has decided that your prepared food was too good to resist, allow me to arrange for the Lion to prepare you something. If you would like I can arrange for some tea, or I have a lovely sweet sake that would be wonderful to share with truly special company like yourself."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:30 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I was unaware one of the many skills Seppun-sama posses was in the preparation of food. You truly are an incredible woman" Homura gave her a warm smile "and I will speak nothing of this incident, I swear on my honour. It is as if it never happened!"

Before she pauses, Horonigai replies by bowing, "Thank you, Ikoma-san. For the compliment and complicity. Although I do not deserve any of those praises. Specially the skill on preparation of food."

The Seppun giggles and covers her mouth with some light colored fingernails, which she kept short due armor usage.

"Ara. I could not accept bothering you in preparing things for me, Ikoma-san."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:42 pm 

"It is not bother at all Seppun-sama. I am but a humble admirer and friend who would very much enjoy your company" Homura lowered her head respectfully "if Seppun-sama would honour this one with her lovely self."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:47 pm 

"Ikoma-san can have my company without the effort of preparing something. It would be an honor without a doubt." She smiles with her eyes. "I really don't want to make you feel indebted into getting tea prepared or sake wasted with one like me."

She waves her hand down her figure playfully, "I'm Imperial, after all. Supposed to be rather intimidating in such occasions. Tea and similar casualties."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:03 pm 

"Something isn't a waste or a debt if one wants to do it for a dear friend Seppun-sama" Homura said with a smile "please, follow me. My room is quite close by."

Once she was sure the Seppun would follow she lead on, stopping partway along to ask a servant to bring some tea and ricecakes to her room before reaching her room, sliding her door open and bowing.

Homura's room was small, however she had angled things so that it looked bigger. There was a small table in the middle for hosting and a few cushions, with her tatami rolled away. Other than her clothes and 4 bottles of sake it almost looked like she hadn't unpacked.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:41 pm 

Revenge is so sweet. Horonigai muses to herself playfully, reminding how Horuma politely refused her getting a dress over the Ikoma's shoulders during the march.

Wiggling a bit her waist as she follows behind. She nods to the servant with a smile. Once at the room, she bows before entering, asking for permission, then excuses herself while waiting for the host to instruct.

She does notice four sake bottles. But she doesn't say her mind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:55 pm 

Homura motioned to the cushions with a smile, saying "make yourself comfortable Seppun-sama. Would you like some sake or to wait for the tea first?"

Once Horonigai was in and comfortable, Homura closed the door and sat down on the other cushion.

"I hope you are well after the last few days journey?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 pm 

She sits down over her legs, in seiza. Horonigai straightens her furisode, and makes sure the obi is properly tied while running her fingers at the borders and up to the hem at her neck. Soon, she puts both hands on her lap. Palms turned down. Nails glimmering up. Some pleasantries to please her host's eyes for a change.

"I prefer to drink whatever you would like to share." She smiles after making sure Horuma is leading up the conversation as host.

To the second question, Horonigai replies. "Ne, Ikoma-san. I am much, much better today. These last few days were certainly challenging. I have, perhaps, found my center."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 pm 

Leaving it up to me huh? Oh this could be fun...

"Well then, I know exactly what to share."

Homura got up, moving to bring over one of her bottles. A beautiful bottle in the colours of the Crane was brought over.

"A lovely cherry sake called Cherry Blossom Snow. Quite a rare and very lovely sake that I first tried about a year ago. I'm certain you will enjoy it. Also, we are friends in a relaxed setting Seppun-sama, you may relax. You can even call me Homura if you wish" she smiled "it's good to hear that you have come through your challenges more centered. I was able to face the weathers better with your assistance."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 pm 

The Seppun looks to Homura's eyes when the Ikoma mentions to called by given name, which triggers a tiny portion of Horonigai's eyebrow being raised.

Leaning a bit closer –– still with her hands on her torso –– Horonigai inspects the bottle Homura is proudly showing, confirming, "Un! It looks pretty, hai."

She grins a bit more with the Ikoma's last phrase, and contributes, "I am happy that the assistance helped warm you up. I knew it would be really cold. I did come from the other march. So, I tried to wear as many clothes I had, and I also had Kuchihige around here to warm me up." She mentions with both her hands.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:40 pm 

Homura smiled as her eyes gazed into Horonigai's, waiting to see if she'd actually use her given name. Instead though, the woman focused on the very lovely bottle and her warming.

"If there is one thing the Crane excel in, it's creating beautiful items" she brought out some sake cups, pouring a little bit of the sweet cherry-tasting sake into each cup before moving one forward for the Seppun princess.

"We both came from the other march, so I was expecting the cold. However the icy rain was more unexpected, nor am I blessed with a warm feline friend to keep me warm. Maybe I should look for a cat next time I walk? Matsu Erina-san has two large warcats, they might be a bit too big though, ne?" she chuckled, picking up her glass.

"Standard sake etiquette rules calls for a toast. I would propose a toast to experiences shared with a good friend."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:03 pm 

Horonigai bows apologetically. "Shitsurei, ne. I sounded rude. I meant that I was expecting a really, nasty cold. Not that I did not consider your company after leaving Morikage Toshi."

She giggles at the mention of the two large war cats and shrugs. "Well, Matsu-san is quite... well... strong. But two of those cats, there's no dress in the world that would keep them tucked in."

Her backhands covers a short laugh.

Visibly relaxed, Horonigai takes the cup with both hands, and then raises it with her right. "To good friends. Kampai!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:14 pm 

"It's ok, I understand" Homura waved off the apology with a smile "as for those cats, perhaps they could be some kind of scarf? Across ones shoulders...they might be a bit too heavy still" she laughed "just have to lay across ones lap when you stop."

She lifted her cup, raising with her right as well. "Kampai!" Homura downed the cup in one, taking a moment before a sigh.

"Kami that is good. I wish I knew just how they got that cherry flavour! What do you think?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:27 pm 

Horonigai takes the cup to her lips elegantly, holding the bottom with a flat hand. She sip, savors it, and nods satisfied. "Un. Oishii-desu, ne!? Homura-san~"

The Seppun puts the cup down on her lap, still holding with both hands and nods while closing her eyes as an extra.