It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 7, Late Afternoon] Insulted Pride
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:02 pm 

"The Crane may be petty hens for a large amount of time, but this situation is different. I do not believe this is the same normal court they hold, the topic being discussed will be clearly the Steel Chrysanthemum" Homura frowned "I believe they need to be reminded that their petty feud endangers the whole of the Rokugan."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:09 pm 

She quirks an eyebrow and looks around the room, inviting other opinions.

Run by GM "Truly Impressive" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:57 pm 

“I agree with Ikoma-san. I would not have been able to defend the wall at Toshi no Omoidoso with just myself and the levies I had raised. It was a combined effort between the Lion forces and assistance from the Crane, Mantis, and Unicorn. Our city gates would have breached if not for Lion, Brotherhood, and Sparrow.”

“The time for clan politics has past, the winter courts are over, and now starts the time of war. Only this time, instead of skirmishes for land or disputes over winter slights, we have a greater foe we must unite against and set our squabbles aside.”

“There will be plenty of time for them after the monsters and their fake Emperor have been put down.”

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:00 pm 

Erina nod and bows to the governor. "I was of the opinion that ignoring them and going about our business, holding any needed court later without acknowledging their gathering would be enough. After all, they cannot do anything immediate in defense of the city, and we have been far too busy sorting out the actual work. Any real wartime preparations we can hold here, as usual."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:31 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
“I agree with Ikoma-san. I would not have been able to defend the wall at Toshi no Omoidoso with just myself and the levies I had raised. It was a combined effort between the Lion forces and assistance from the Crane, Mantis, and Unicorn. Our city gates would have breached if not for Lion, Brotherhood, and Sparrow.”

“The time for clan politics has past, the winter courts are over, and now starts the time of war. Only this time, instead of skirmishes for land or disputes over winter slights, we have a greater foe we must unite against and set our squabbles aside.”

“There will be plenty of time for them after the monsters and their fake Emperor have been put down.”

"So... your suggestion is that the time for clan politics has passed, so we should follow Ikoma Homura's advice to politically undermine them? It is the stuff worthy of a good story, but it seems hypocritical. Perhaps you can explain how it is not?"

Matsu Erina wrote:
Erina nod and bows to the governor. "I was of the opinion that ignoring them and going about our business, holding any needed court later without acknowledging their gathering would be enough. After all, they cannot do anything immediate in defense of the city, and we have been far too busy sorting out the actual work. Any real wartime preparations we can hold here, as usual."

"Thank you for sharing." She turns to Homura. "And you as well, for bringing me up to speed."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:50 pm 

"I believe that there is benefit in showing ones errors by making them feel shame for their action, yes. Humbling someone can be an effective measure to teaching, though one must be careful to not push to the point where the lesson is lost."

Her delivery of the rhetoric fell somewhat flat.

----
Coutier/Awa+Prodigy roll: 14

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:23 pm 

"Unrelated, Governor-sama, has anyone complained about the theft of a lion? An actual cat, not the member of one of our clan. We discovered a shady broker, and I wanted to see if anyone had reported a theft."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 pm 

Ikoma Torii wrote:
"So... your suggestion is that the time for clan politics has passed, so we should follow Ikoma Homura's advice to politically undermine them? It is the stuff worthy of a good story, but it seems hypocritical. Perhaps you can explain how it is not?"

"No, Ikoma-sama. The suggestion is to remind the Crane that clan politics are not to be put before the safety of Rokugan. To place the Crane in a position where they are forced to work with us, rather than against us."

Homura frowned.

"I was there, Ikoma-sama. In that courtroom. I saw what the Steel Chrysanthemum did. I witnessed divine blood being spilt by the Emperors own ancestor. This should be what we should be focusing on. Not the petty politics of days past, but the future of Rokugan which is being threatened by the warped minds of our past returning to haunt us. The Crane need to be made an example of. Rokugan comes first."

D7 LA courtier: 8d10o10k4 38

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 pm 

She sighs.

"If the Crane are engaging in clan politics that are detrimental to the Empire, and we engage in clan politics in order to show them that, I'm sure we're that much better off."

She looks around the room to see how people are reacting.

"But, it is harmful for them to be playing such games during this time. If you truly believe that us flexing our muscles to show the Crane they were wrong won't devolve into petty bickering, I will support you in that, at least behind closed doors."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:35 pm 

Kōgyoku bowed to the governor, having been silent for a while.

"I am Matsu Kōgyoku, Ikoma-sama, a magistrate. I used to briefly serve in the city as a yoriki three years ago. Perhaps a temporary lockdown would be a solution. If they want us out, we'll stay exactly there, barring passage for the Crane who want to leave the premises, effective tomorrow. A perspective of isolation might encourage them to rescind. We have better things to do than to swarm their pageants, hence a symbolic Lion envoy to their proceedings would let us erase the disrespect while letting move on toward worthier duties."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:04 am 

"Shall we also take action against those that attended the court? Certainly, I have someone pay attention to the comings and goings of the embassy. How far do we take this, if we are to go down this path?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 am 

Kōgyoku relayed how she thought of the situation. "I'd suggest just the Crane to be affected, with others coming and going as normal, to send a clear message while avoiding unnecessarily escalation: if the Lion are unwelcome in the Crane court, the Crane are unwelcome anywhere in the Lion city. Then attempts to circumvent the lock-down without rescinding shall only bring them dishonour. We might ask one of our Scorpion allies to deliver the message to give them a chance to accommodate our conditions."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 am 

"This is what you all desire?"

She glances at Erina. "Or most of you, anyway?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:40 am 

"I defer to my betters in this manner. I have given my input, for what it is worth, and believe they will take counsel and decide what is the best course of action from all paths presented."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:46 am 

"I would suggest that none be able to enter the Crane embassy either, otherwise they would just continue to host their court" Homura pointed out

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:26 am 

"If they want to put their dishonour on display, why wouldn't you let them?" The magistrate remarked. "You've seen some Crane fighting valiantly in the City of Remembrance. For them, being instead secluded would be severe enough, and a reason to protest petty phobias of their courtiers."

She looked at Homura. "If they relent, it could be Matsu Chinatsu-san or you who'd represent our interests in their proceedings."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:03 pm 

Erina bows. "I believe I have made my feelings clear in the matter. I don't care so much for the opinion of the Crane, but of the others who may feel we are being too heavy handed with the matter. As much as it pains me to admit it, we do not need to give the usurper any more factions."

"However, strong action against the Crane does not stop outreach to the other Clans. If we make it clear that we are willing to hear them, and address their concerns, we are actually in the position to show immediate results. whereas they are not."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:23 pm 

"So, shall I post guards outside the embassy to ensure that no one wearing Crane colors can come and go?"

She looks over them each in turn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm 

“There are two who you may wish to allow, based off my personal experience with them in Toshi no Omoidoso. A Doji surgeon and a Daidoji warrior, both of which have shown excellent character, skill, and desire to assist”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:54 pm 

"The moment you start allowing exceptions you invalidate the intent Matsu-sama. We stood alongside Daidoji-san, yet we are here and not included in their exception" Homura shook her head.