It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:45 pm

Post subject: [D7 EM - Floating Petals tea house -closed] When Duty Calls
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:25 am 

Yukinaga had spoken to the officials at the break of dawn and was aware of a mission to free the black scrolls from their hiding place in Toshigoku. It was a dangerous mission but one that was of it most importantance to the current war effort.

As soon as he settled matters he sent a servant to request the presence of his betrothed so that he could tell her about the mission and say his goodbyes. This was certainly the kind of mission where he may not return.

So here he sat in a private room of a little tea house off the main road awaiting his guest.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

Post subject: Re: [D7 EM - Floating Petals tea house -closed] When Duty Ca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 am 

Kōgyoku arrived promptly, answering his call before she'd don her armour. She had come from the temple and before then from a quick bath; her hair were a bit damp still.

She believed in her betrothed's honour and that she wouldn't have called for her for personal fancy; it had to be something important. The locus was not one she'd choose, but she didn't mind it either if it served the purpose he had in mind.

On the way, she had been struck by a sense of foreboding, not ungrounded in facts given the nature of the summon. What orders or missives could he have received just after arrival? Was he being called back?

The thought punctured her breathing; she had waited for him so long, and the suspicion they would lose a chance to see each other in the course of the campaign was experienced as pain in the chest and in her head, with some tension behind the nose.

Her step throughout the tea house corridor was rushed a bit as she pursued the relief of seeing him again. And once she did, she smiled internally, and for a moment her worries were gone.

"Good morning, Yukinaga-san." She said softly, and bowed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:40 am 

He rose at her entrance and bowed to her a small smile on his own lips "Good morning Kogyoku-sama, I am happy to see you are well. I hope your accommodations are to your liking." He motioned to the table "please join me, have you had a chance to receive the blessing if Inari-no-kami this morning?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:46 am 

"I've had some rice; samurai serve poorly on empty stomachs." She answered, laying her hand briefly - and likely subconsciously - on the front of her obi, then took a place opposite to him. "But there wasn't enough time for tea."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:55 am 

"That is true and good to hear Kogyoku-sama." He smiled and poured both of them a nice breakfast blend of tea somewhat light in flavor but with a little bite, perfect to start the day.

He took a sip of his tea and enjoyed the warm but a small pit formed in his stomach as he thought about why he had called her here this morning. He knew he didnt have to go but he should, it was a daiymo of his clan that was making the request could he let others answer the call?

He was quiet for a moment before speaking up "There is a mission I have stepped forward to undertake. The Yogo Daimyo has told us to retrieve the black scrolls from Toshigoku. It will be extremely dangerous."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 am 

Initially, she didn't know what to say, and the cup froze midway to her mouth. In the end, she couldn't make herself to swallow so she just put the tea down for the time being.

"Toshigoku." She repeated. "Black Scrolls." She had no inherent knowledge of those beyond rumours and a bit of historical knowledge about them being in Scorpion trusteeship. It looked they had lost some of them and so it seemed quite natural to send their samurai to retrieve it now that an opportunity arose.

Seconds passed as she was processing his words. "I... I have always had deep conviction in your dutifulness and courage, Yukinaga-san." Her voice dropped off just as her gaze lowered and her lips thinned. There was a yet but it wasn't her usual to question his choice that was clearly an honourable one. She knew she'd have decided the same had she been in a situation like that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:32 am 

His voice was strained as he spoke "Yes, the scrolls are a rather important duty of our clan. These were....unwisely stored in Toshigoku but from what I know there was no other choice. We leave in about 6 hours we arent really sure what we will encounter on the way there."

He paused "I.....I wanted to see you before I left, i want to leave here with everything out in the open and to see you. It brings me peace to see you."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 am 

"I... am grateful for your consideration. This way if you don't come back I can at least know you have perished in an honourable pursuit and... your soul is safe. We are samurai, we are as good as dead... " Her voice trembled several times as she mumbled, trying to cope. She didn't want this, for him to die, and yet it was almost certain that he would, and soon.

Oh, snap.

"I shall give you no peace." She finally said, a strange resolve appearing in her eyes. "I shall not let you go quietly into hell. I shall be there with you." She lifted the table between them - gently and without spilling tea as her strength allowed it - and then crossed the space between them, descending on him before she would have second thoughts. She found his lips without trepidation and even though she was an inept, inexperienced kisser, her fire made up for it more than adequately. "Do your duty and return to me." She whispered as her hand gripped his neck. "I am your damn duty too, Yuki-kun."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:01 pm 

He was surprised but pleasantly so, he had seen this passion in her all these years and he confirmed it when he met her but she had hidden it behind her propriety and etiquette.

But now she was upon him and he felt her passion, felt her resolve and he returned it in kind his lips matching hers. He wasnt completely inexperienced with something like this but he didnt have a depth of experience. Mostly he followed instinct his hand landed on her hips and he pulled her into him as they kissed.

He was slightly breathless as she spoke "Yoku-chan....." he paused meeting her eyes, warmth flowing from his as he embraced her "I will come back to you, if not in this life then in the next and if not that one then the one after that. No matter how the wheel spins destiny will not stop me from coming back to you." He squeezed her a bit as he spoke his voice both breathy and strong as he looked deep into her eyes "I love you Kogyoku."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:18 pm 

"I think I share the feeling, Yuki-kun." She whispered between kisses that showed a remarkably sharp learning curve. His grip on her hips was something she eased into eventually, though it was an unknown if exciting sensation. "For your courage, honesty and resolve." Another passionate connection. "And for other things. Do return to me."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:56 pm 

He chuckled a little "I think I very much look forward to finding out what other things those are." He said softly, playfully, leaning into her his lips find her neck briefly his hands starting to drift lower down her form.

His lips near her ear "I can't wait to explore with you Yoku-chan. I've waited so long....." his voice a soft but passionate whisper, his breath hot on her ear. Then he pulled back a little his lips finding hers once again. They parted his breath was a heavy and his cheeks were hot and flushed "So many things to look forward to neh?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:43 pm 

"...Hai." She pulled away even further, slowly realising that any more and her own body might just betray her. She may have been believed in honour with all her heart, but it was not just heart she was made of, something she hadn't realised more acutely than now. A blush, having inevitably coloured her cheeks, served as a warning sign of that with its surging heat. In addition to all other heat across corporal attachment to her immortal honourable soul.

She cupped his cheek with a gentle touch, passing her thumb across his lips, biting her own to restrain them. "I want our children to have your smile. I am way too grim."