It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:31 pm

Post subject: [Day 7 - LE] Pyramid Mountains [Kashiwagi's Chambers]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:08 pm 

The chambers were fitting for one of his station and honestly he had no complaints on the matter. He set out the picture of his wife and then sat down to meditate and relax until his guest arrived. He saw no need to put out more than he needed as he sensed this was but a passing fancy and the army of monsters that hounded them would descend on this place soon enough.

They were coming.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post subject: Re: [Day 7 - LE] Pyramid Mountains [Kashiwagi's Chambers]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:01 am 

It had been quite the day, but as she had before she arrived at the castle ground and spoke to those attending. Brought before a room she waited. However, this was a different castle and these were different attendants. Though much was different so too was it the same, a recast.. a repeat of those motions and events near not even a week prior.

Here she was prepared to tattoo a man that would be recognized by history as a hero as they waited for the army of death to fall upon them once more.

"Good evening, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she would greet upon being received.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:23 am 

"Togashi-san," he greeted, "Please come in, I trust you are well?"

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:36 am 

"Hai, I am accustomed to long walks with relatively little notice," she said with some strange tone. Shaking the thought, "And you, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I would ask the same but from watching you speak earlier today I have already seen you appear of full strength."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:53 am 

Kashiwagi nodded and said, "I have been looking forward to continuing. What are your thoughts on the Crane stance of appeasement?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Last edited by Asako Kashiwagi on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:56 am 

"I try not to hold one," she said, entering the room and setting down her ink pots. Arranging herself a space, as she continued, "it would not be my place to ever speak of it in such exalted company and to leave such thoughts to my betters."

"However," she took a pause, "as a Togashi we spend much of our lives seeking enlightenment. Thus we spend much of our lives with our own thoughts, to seek our truest purpose. As such, I could not begin to be dishonest and say that I did not form an opinion when listening to what the many spoke of today. Yet, I cannot say I have narrowed it down to merely one opinion either."

"May, I find that the Crane's stance of appeasement is just that which one would expect from the Crane. Ever they have been the powerful player in the Empire they are because of their sense for when a deal might serve them better than war. None are better than the Crane at this. It would be sensible, should it prove possible, as a means to save as many lives as possible if it would do such a thing. An honorable sacrifice made of the Empire on behalf of its people. Yet.."

"Yet, I wonder what message that would send to future generations, that we here chose to submit to such a force?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm 

"I can agree to that, it seems easy to give into righteous anger and believe there is only one path out of this," he responded.

"My only concern for now is protecting lives, who rules is not my concern."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:04 pm 

"May, that is a most agreeable stance Asako Kashiwagi-sama. Those of the common folk are sure to continue singing your praises with such an attitude," she comments, glancing over him for the moment and appreciating the fact of it.

"Yet, there may even be paths yet undiscovered to us. Though I would not begin to know where or how," she adds, "but it is a most important thought to hold onto in such times. May that we do not commit so fully in our hearts to one path that we blind ourselves to a better way should it present itself."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm 

"Agreed but even as the Unicorn saying goes, one can show a horse to water, but cannot force it to drink; so even if we show them the possible path, we cannot guarantee they will follow it. Such is the way of ningen-do,” he replied.

“Well we shall see it through and hopefully wisdom and patience rule the day.”

Kashiwagi then finished with, “I do feel some confidence that some see the larger picture of the situation around us.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:25 pm 

"Bravery is only bravery if it is tempered with mindfulness," she says, as if she has heard or said that somewhere before.

"May, with your own influence Asako Kashiwagi-sama they might hear sense and guide themselves appropriately. Uncertainty craves certainty after all. A studied and confident voice is a powerful mover of people and yet.. so long as it is used for the right purpose it is just. I do believe you are just, Asako Kashiwagi-sama.." a brief pause.

"May, you spoke earlier today of a plan of which you did not have. Others, if I recall, spoke of how you are one to always have a plan. I would not wish you ask you to divulge that which you need to keep in confidence but I am most curious. Have you had time to think on a potential plan, on what you might do?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:34 pm 

Kashiwagi was quiet for a long moment and then said, “I have some ideas, mostly my plan is less to deal with arguing who should rule and more with how to protect the people with us from the depredations of Toshigoku. The people suffer when there is outright warfare and if this is handled with precision, we could be plunged into a civil war that could draw every Great Clan into a conflict that could ravage the Empire.”

“We move in uncharted realms, and finding a path forward is not as simple as just pointing in a direction and go.”

“Also, we must take into account Ikoma Torii and her fondness of the Steel Chrysanthemum, we can assume she sees him as a great good and that will complicate any overt actions against him if that needs to be done.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 pm 

"We have removed ourselves of a most dire and pertinent problem in the army that would have surrounded us in Omoidoso. Only to find many of which we have yet had the chance to determine their merit for becoming even greater threats," she summarizes for herself.

"Yet, as time ever marches forward and no decision is clear, we must yet make a move. Thus we, as you have said, arrive at the conclusion that our focus now must be on those we can save. Beyond this we needs see how the paths develop."

Mai nods, comfortable that she has gained the understanding of it. Vocally even, she ventured the confirmation, "And so it is as you said, Asako Kashiwagi-sama. We must yet need focus on the people and to learn more of those factors we do not yet know. Perhaps the honored Ikoma Torii would appreciate a visit from one such as yourself? Allow you the opportunity, at this time, to gain a better insight to the paths forward."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:58 pm 

"It seems you have the gift of foresight as well," he mused when she mentioned the governor.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:14 pm 

"I have but the gift of a mind and the freedom to use it. Many hours spent traveling allow much time to think heavily on many topics. Hours spent honing the skill that becomes like a second nature, I merely need to apply previous lessons of the world that surrounds us," she said with a soft and nearly imperceptible smile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:15 pm 

"If only more samurai honed such a skill to such keen sharpness," he replied.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:10 pm 

"You honor me by speaking so, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she said, bowing her head slightly but the happy coincidence was that she needed to hide herself to maintain On.

Returning, she would offer, indicating her prepared tools, "Would you have me begin?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:39 pm 

"Please do, my body is ready," he said.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:54 pm 

"Hai," she replied, using the focus on the task to hand to distract herself and return to a more sensible frame of mind. Opening the pots, placing out a few clothes at strategic locations and dipping the needle.

Taking a hold of his arm she exhaled measured and quiet, normalizing herself for the work that was ahead. Yet, she had a desire to perform today and she felt herself sync up with her inner being as she worked the needle against his skin.

It was yet early but she could sense it even now as she worked that she would make a lot of progress today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:31 pm 

The Phoenix endured stoically, his mind retreating to his mental fortress of solitude, a place lined with scrolls in an organized fashion. Here he could wander the rows of internal knowledge and contemplate the issues ahead of them. The architecture was fluid but genuinely Rokugani with some Naga influence, and the sentries that policed his thoughts were faceless entities the stayed alert for any attack against his psyche and will.

He took a seat on his throne attended on one side by a faceless Phoenix bushi and on the other by a serpentine naga warrior woman. It was good to be rid of the Shashakar, as he didn’t have to look at her corpse or worse.

From here he fell deep into thought as the faceless attendants brought him scrolls of his memory and half formed ideas he tried to puzzle out a path forward since he was the man with the plan he would have to invent one. Some were dismissed angrily while others set aside for further review, it was a tedious process but mentally it was fast, and it allowed him to focus his thoughts while the needle did the work on his skin.

There was too much at stake to not devise something.

OOC: Etiquette: 6d10o10k3 36

Lore Toshigoku Spirits + Void + Sage 1 Raise: 6d10o10k5 47

Searching his thoughts and memory for anything that could be useful in fighting spirits from Toshigoku either physically or through magic or wards that could be useful. Raise for more accurate or pertinent information.

Spellcraft 1 Raise to Recall any Spells useful versus spirits specifically those from the Realm of Slaughter: 7d10o10k4 25

Just trying to recall if he remembers any spells the Isawa may have utilized for such purposes not sure if Spellcraft would work but since you can use to create new spells figured it might be useful for recognizing or recalling similar spells, obviously not a scrolls but the knowledge of them existing.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:06 am 

There was an earnest appreciation to seeing someone so deep in thought that they appeared as if they were somewhere else altogether. Thus was the sight that Mai found when she needed a pause that she might wring out her wrist to fix building tension. A pause, a few moments in length, and she reminded herself of the fact of just whom she was now working on.

Fixing herself back into position with a practiced hand she affixed herself to that thought totally. This tattoo would be one of the ones she would remember for the rest of her life, she thought. Best to give it ever ounce of focus she may.

While Kashiwagi thought, Mai focused, and the room grew nearly still.