It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Post subject: Re: [D7, LM, Phoenix Embassy] Reigniting the Flames.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 pm 

"Hai." she nodded in agreement. "Is there anything we should focus our efforts on while we are here?"

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:56 pm 

Kashiwagi responded, "Information, the more we know about our enemies the better we will be, though be careful, Ikoma Torii seems to have a fondness for the Steel Chrysanthemum and may work counter to any efforts to undermine our pursuer."

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:36 am 

"Information. I have information, but it is... dangerous. And, I fear I may actually be the last to know it. The Masters knew it, of course, but with their sudden passing..."

The shadows had seemed to cover the Earth tensai's face. "I was present a few times, when a very dark prophet spoke. And I remember some of her words. I was keeping the knowledge to myself, as the Master's had it, and were acting on it. But now..."

*cough, cough*

"The Steel shall rise, and sweep through the cities. Will they blunt the Steel or Hone it?"

*cough, cough*

"That was just one of the lines that were spoken. *cough, cough* Another was that Water would rise, and wash clean the *cough* world - for a time; before the stain would rise once more."

Hachi looked up at the inquisitor, his face once more shining in the light.

"I have spent much of my time on the pilgrimage thinking over the words that I heard. And they are not light. They are not good. And most assuredly they are cryptic. But they are true prophecies of what might come. Signposts, which might help - if we can figure them out."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:13 pm 

"Are these just the passages you are willing to tell us do you have the words in full, I would prefer some context to these prophecies," he said calmly.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:59 pm 

"There was no context - it was near insane babblings. Portions that are clear as day - and happened the next day, across the empire, far too late for any to have affected them. Others that are little more than single lines, exactly as I quoted them. The prophet was not only what we would call insane, but also doing their best to be obstructive and make things as bad as possible."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:05 pm 

"Who was this prophet?" Miwako asked. "Are they now here in Nikesake?"

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:09 am 

"She has now passed on; never having left Phoenix lands. Once she was an honorable samurai, and acolyte of the Masters, before the heavy burden passed to her. If I said her name was Isawa Meiun, would that mean anything to any of you?"

He reaches into his scroll satchel, and after a moment, digs out a worn, stained, scorched scroll. "I penned this collection of some of her words not a month ago, on clean new paper. This is what I have now."

As Hachi unrolls it, there are areas, where clearly there had been writing before, but now it is scorched, or even burned away entirely. A few burned so cleanly, the kanji can still be read. Others are entirely unreadable.

"Oh, that's new. This section here," he points to an area that is just charred enough to not be readable, "was clear before we left Toshi no Omoidoso. Let me think. It said 'After the light crosses the obstruction, The hand shall reach out, but the fingers shall be cut, and the thumb shall be broken'. No idea what that means."

"I do think the scorching and the like is prophecies that have already come to pass, or have been prevented. But it is only a guess."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 am 

Kashiwagi was silent and considered this new bit of information. He then said, "Can I get a copy of these ramblings?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 am 

"Here is what I remember. There may be a few I will recall later, but this is the majority of them. I have recopied it four times this past two years; the scrolls are lasting less and less time." He extends the scroll to the inquisitor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:45 am 

"This could prove useful, at a minimum it gives us something else to puzzle over," he said thoughtfully.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:57 am 

"I have spent almost two years puzzling over the parts of it, and made little progress. But, perhaps."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:02 am 

Somgai is looking at Hachi like he's one of the coolest people he ever met.

Carries/wears: Biwa, Go set, wakizashi

Spiritually Gifted individuals might see a faint outline of three ghostly tails that aren't quite there attached to Somgai.

Run by GM "YOLO" Lucidicide.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:15 am 

It is at this point Hachi breaks down into a coughing fit. He is able to put his kerchief in front of his mouth, but he is bent over, struggling with the racking of his body.