It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Post subject: (D7, LM, Dragon Embassy) Roll Call
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:33 am 

Having secured her room in the Dragon Embassy, Poemu went out to the main room to wait. She had ridden from Toshi no Omoidoso with Seppun Horonigai instead of any fellow Dragon, so she wanted to wait and make certain others arrived, and if they needed anything.

Post subject: Re: (D7, LM, Dragon Embassy) Roll Call
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:52 am 

Mai, with the exception of Poemu, was perhaps the first to arrive as she had spent her morning overall unwearied by the recent events. Though the skin was yet sore she had gained a small but detailed tattoo by her left wrist, a forest scene. Unimportant though it was to the reason for coming here it was yet new.

"Greetings Agasha Poemu-sama," she offered in propriety. Delivering a bow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:56 am 

Poemu let a moment of relief wash over her features as she bowed in turn. "Togashi-san, you are the first I've seen from Toshi no Omoidoso. You look only a bit worse the wear. Did you just arrive? Have you had rice?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 am 

The strong scent of aniseed wafted from her freshly washed hair and preceded Iko's entry. She arrived looking slightly more alive than she had over the course of the evacuation, but the fatigue and bags under her eyes were well apparent.

She offered bows to the samurai-ko already here and then slumped into a pile of cushions unceremoniously, not wishing to interrupt the conversation.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 am 

"Hai, I am sustained Agasha Poemu-sama," she says, just in time for Iko to make her entrance. An entrance of the theatrical nature that would only certainly grab attention if for a second.

"It would appear time proper that we are now trickling in together," she said with an amused smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:03 pm 

Poemu nodded, giving Iko a bow. "Hai hai. I had thought there would be some time between arrivals, what with the crowds that fled the city, but it seems we all have a similar pace. Is Iko-san all right?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:50 pm 

Wasako hadn't had the pleasure of hitting the baths yet, perhaps she was tired from being tired or found herself overwhelmed by yet another city. It was quite the opportunity to travel but it was hardly a pleasant occasion. She entered and gave the Dragon gathered a tired smile before bowing. "Ohayou...I'm glad most of us have made it here e..."

Of course, they were missing a few Dragons and hopefully they made it as well.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:45 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu nodded, giving Iko a bow. "Hai hai. I had thought there would be some time between arrivals, what with the crowds that fled the city, but it seems we all have a similar pace. Is Iko-san all right?"

"Hai, just a little tired. Rear guard for three straight days against an approaching army will do that." Iko replies honestly. "I hope you'll forgive me for seeking the bath house before the Embassy, but I was stretched tighter than a drum."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:34 am 

"Sounds as a more proper use of time than my own," she said, chiming in on that note, "I had made my way down to the Blue Tile Room already. Days on march and I was desperate for listening in on a proper debate. May, there is a passion in it I find most attractive."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:55 am 

"I hardly blame you at all Iko-san. I took a normal bath right after meeting with the Governor, and I imagine if this rain continues, I will find a covered public bath to enjoy before too long to warm the bones."

She peeked outside before looking back at the 3 samurai-ko. "This is nearly everyone from the delegation that had been in Toshi no Omoidoso. Have any of you seen the others so far?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:12 am 

"I didn't see Tsukimi-san at all on the road," Iko replied with a little concern after thinking to herself.

"Did she make it out of the last city?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:37 am 

A bath, that gave Wasako an idea. She had her share of dirt and normally she wouldn't have minded but she was in a city and around upstanding Dragon who were representing the Clan, it was a good idea to follow suite.

She gave a slow shake of her head. "I think I saw Myo-en on the road but that was on the first night. With everyone going at different paces, it was easy to lose track of her."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:05 am 

Perhaps the universe has an ear for dramatic timing, because it is at precisely this moment that a voice some of the Dragon might recognize as Myo-en's can be heard in the antechamber of the embassy.

"Won't you wait? You're all wet, and I have not asked if you can--"

"Awwwk!" A large black crow--the same one that had showed up with Myo-en to the Clan meeting in Toshi no Omoidoso--flaps low and fast into the room, shedding a fine spray of water on the tatami before gliding in to a landing on the floor on the other side of the room. It stalks over to a nearby decorative table and hops up to perch on the polished wood surface. Then, ignoring the humans, it begins preening its wet feathers.

A sheepish Myo-en follows it in, still damp, mud-splashed, and road-weary. "Hello. Sorry about that. Only one of us takes advice from the other."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:34 pm 

"And so our clever friend precedes Myo-en-sama as is due course," she said with a whimsical tone.

"As for our others, I have not heard or seen any for myself yet I do feel it that we have not lost anyone. I do trust this inherent feeling most often but I admit I have not put it to the test."

In the meantime, stalking around the Dragon embassy is a tabby cat. Eyeing the bird for a moment before reading the situation and slipping off elsewhere in the building. Perhaps to hunt a mouse, or whatever it was cats did in their free time... with the faint sound of distant music perhaps?

No, surely just weather.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:34 pm 

She couldn't help but put her hands up when the crow to avoid the splash, even if she wasn't necessarily in the radius. But despite the tardiness and the uncooperative crow, that managed to get a chuckle out of her. "It's good to see you two once more."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:19 pm 

Ever the courtier of the Dragon, there wasn't a single loss of On as the crow flew in. Still, Myo-en's entrance afforded a warm smile to break the mask. "Myo-en-san, it is indeed good to see you both. Don't trouble yourself over either of your conditions; we would rather have you here and wet than not here at all."

She let the smile slip a little at the mention of Tsukimi not being sighted yet. "So if memory serves, that only leaves Togashi Tsukimi and Agasha Minami with her yojimbo. Oh I do hope all three are all right..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:51 pm 

"It is a large city and there are still people coming in, or at least trying to acquaint themselves," she said, imagining that there might be a share of them either hitting the baths right now or visiting bakeries to try their rice cakes. "Perhaps we could keep an eye out and inform each other if we catch them?"

"Despite finding refuge here, I don't intend on sitting idly...is there anything this one could do to help out? I have to admit I feel a bit restless here." She looked curiously to the others gathered, wondering if they had a course of action as they wanted for the inevitable arrival of the Steel Chrysanthemum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 am 

"What's needed of us depends on some things that are not in our hands, I think." Myo-en smiles tiredly at the others and folds herself into a seat on the floor matting, moving a little less smoothly than usual. "Where will the spirit armies go next on their way to the capital? How will the Lion counter them? And how long until the Imperial Legions join in--if they will?"

She shrugs out of her padded cotton jacket. "That weave is too complicated for me to guess at. Agasha-sama," she bows her head briefly, "maybe your rank will open more knowledge from the Lion side to you." As she's speaking, she folds her jacket carefully so that the damp and mud-spattered outer side doesn't dirty the clean tatami when she sets it down.

The crow continues preening with a self-satisfied air.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:49 am 

Wasako frowned but realized that rushing for the answer wasn't going to be so easy. "I suppose when things begin to take shape, perhaps the potential opportunities will arise. This is perhaps if and when it happens, although I wonder what sort of lessons we've learned from Toshi No Omoidoso that could be applied here."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:58 am 

"This might one of the few situations I could say neither the Lion armies nor Imperial legions would rush to battle. As Togashi-dono said, one does not idly kill a Hantei, no matter the justification." She frowned a moment, thoughtful.

"...The armies of the Dragon likely won't be here to help either. It's quite a distance anyway, but more so our Champion's thoughtful words. We all might be on our own if immediate trouble continues."