It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:12 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu showed up at the embassy, but after her long ride in the rain, she was still worn out. Her words for supporting action against the Steel Chrysanthemum came out the same, lacking their usual kick, so finally she stepped aside, sighing silently to herself.

(TN 30 Imperialist roll = 29 (Fail))

(PM if approaching)

After a bath, Wasako decided to attend this court once more. It was in a different city and it would help to make the Dragon look united if she threw in her support. She put on her mother's hanfu and made an appearance. When it came time to speak, she was more than enthused to make her opinion known on the matter after enduring so much on the road with the refugees. "The Steel Chrysthanum should be stopped!" she said once she got the chance. When she was met with confused looks who were expecting her to elaborate on her point, or at least say something different that hasn't been said already, she merely offered a quick bow and made herself scarce in short order.

Day 7, Courtier/Awareness at TN15: Void used for Imperialist: 3d10 10

She approached Poemu and bowed politely to greet her. "Agasha-sama, would it be fine if I were to join you?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:47 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko returns the bow, maybe a fraction deeper than necessary, beforesliding gracefully into the offered spot.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Nagiko-san. I have not had the opportunity to speak with many of your Clan of late, and would rectify that failing if you have time to share some tea?"

'' It would be a honor to share some tea with someone as you, Togashi-sama.'' She nods respectfully. '' I must say that i also have not been able to met much of your fellow clanmembers.''

''Except for Agasha Manami-san.'' She told to Iko

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:57 am 

"Am I correct in my recollection that Agasha-sama trained with your Clan?" Iko asked, making small talk as she poured the tea.

"I'm sure there must be quite a tale behind that arrangement. But what of yourself Nagiko-san, I had a good friend among your Clan once, and I would like to make another. Tell me of yourself?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:16 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
Sukima's tired eyes rise, then brighten considerably as she sees the woman before her. She rose and bowed. "Seppun-sama, I'm so glad to see you made it."

She wanted to hug her cousin, but court, manners and duty come first. An potential deeper reverence is returned back to Sukima. Yet, since decorum demanded, she allowed Sukima with the longer bow, returning a bit faster.

"Konnichiwa, Yogo-no-kimi. Yoroshiku onegashimasu~" Horonigai says while her green eyes to meet those blue of Sukima's Gliterring with the colors her dear cousin reflect on the Seppun herself. "Ara, ne! I'm the one glad to see you... and relieved. You're safe! How are.. things here. Do you need something I could help with?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:17 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Am I correct in my recollection that Agasha-sama trained with your Clan?" Iko asked, making small talk as she poured the tea.

'' Indeed she was trained by my clan. Following the teachings of lady Fumiko, daughter of lord Kaimetsu-uo, Granddaughter of Osano-wo-no-kami.'' She says as she casually sips from the tea offered by Iko.

Togashi Iko wrote:
"I'm sure there must be quite a tale behind that arrangement. But what of yourself Nagiko-san, I had a good friend among your Clan once, and I would like to make another. Tell me of yourself?"

'' I'm honored that you wish to know about someone like me Togashi-sama, etoo, what can i say...'' Nagiko wonders for a while. '' So, i'm a courtier by training, though i never wanted to become one. I wished that i would had become like the heroes from my clan or from the empire.'' She said.

'' That is why, in secret i trained myself into the Way of the Sword...'' Nagiko touches the hilt of her shikomizue. '' Though in the end my parents, yielded, to my dream at my father taught me what he knew.'' She adds.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:27 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"The Steel Chrysthanum should be stopped!" she said once she got the chance. When she was met with confused looks who were expecting her to elaborate on her point, or at least say something different that hasn't been said already, she merely offered a quick bow and made herself scarce in short order.

Kashiwagi almost said something to the Dragon but her heart was in the right place, sad that her mind was not but that was her problem. He just gave her the briefest of nods.

As if he didn’t nod at all, but it was there. Barely.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:29 am 

Iko sips politely at her tea as she listens to Nagiko smiling at the Mantis' words.

"As Shinsei said, Fortune favours the mortal man. If you want to be a great hero, then make it so. It seems we are all at a point in time where a hero or two would be quite appreciated and welcome."

Following Nagiko's hand with her eyes, Iko smiles. "It is good to see a member of the court taking their own defense seriously as well. Following recent events that might become quite the trend that you find yourself ahead in."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:45 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
She approached Poemu and bowed politely to greet her. "Agasha-sama, would it be fine if I were to join you?"

Poemu straightened from the wall and gave a faint smile, bowing politely. "Mirumoto-san, it is good to see you again. It has been a long day, and every friendly face is welcome, of course. I am not certain I am the best of company, but I would try my best."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:47 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"No," Kashiwagi said firmly to the Unicorn.

"We are not barbarous louts and to imply such speaks poorly of yourself and your sensei."

"Ohh, I mean to say, the army should commandeer food supplies from Nikesake," Baatar said in response to Kashiwagi's correction, although he did not sound particularly chastened. "Then fall back to draw Steel Flower towards the Imperial legions. Whether we fight or negotiate with him, either way we'll be better off if we're closer to reinforcements and his army is hungry and overextended."

"Or perhaps the great hero has another, even better plan?" he inquired.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:51 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
She wanted to hug her cousin, but court, manners and duty come first. An potential deeper reverence is returned back to Sukima. Yet, since decorum demanded, she allowed Sukima with the longer bow, returning a bit faster.

"Konnichiwa, Yogo-no-kimi. Yoroshiku onegashimasu~" Horonigai says while her green eyes to meet those blue of Sukima's Gliterring with the colors her dear cousin reflect on the Seppun herself. "Ara, ne! I'm the one glad to see you... and relieved. You're safe! How are.. things here. Do you need something I could help with?"

"I am. I apologize for causing concern. Things are well, thus far, setting aside the events of Winter Court and the travel here. You were there for those," she said, raising her fan over her lips. "Ah, but my manners. Seppun-sama, this is my clanmate, Shosuro Sara-san. She's an actress. Shosuro-san, this is Seppun Horonigai-sama, my cousin and a Miharu."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:10 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Ohh, I mean to say, the army should commandeer food supplies from Nikesake," Baatar said in response to Kashiwagi's correction, although he did not sound particularly chastened. "Then fall back to draw Steel Flower towards the Imperial legions. Whether we fight or negotiate with him, either way we'll be better off if we're closer to reinforcements and his army is hungry and overextended."

"Never have I heard a good point put forth so poorly, child. Your tactical acumen of overextending the enemy is sound, commandeering from the very Clan, whose city we currently reside in, mind you, seems like a terrible, tactical maneuver.”

Kashiwagi continued, “I am going to allow you a moment to contemplate why your suggestion is a bad suggestion.”
Moto Baatar wrote:
"Or perhaps the great hero has another, even better plan?" he inquired.

"Well whatever plan I decide upon would not include wholesale theft from the very people who have opened their doors to us and are giving us shelter. Right now I lack information to make a plan, so I am rectifying that shortcoming.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:33 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko sips politely at her tea as she listens to Nagiko smiling at the Mantis' words.

"As Shinsei said, Fortune favours the mortal man. If you want to be a great hero, then make it so. It seems we are all at a point in time where a hero or two would be quite appreciated and welcome."

Following Nagiko's hand with her eyes, Iko smiles. "It is good to see a member of the court taking their own defense seriously as well. Following recent events that might become quite the trend that you find yourself ahead in."

'' Well, we are all samurai in the end.'' Nagiko said and then sipped from the tea. '' Sooner or later we will found ourselves at the edge of the sword.''

a pause.

'' Might i ask you a question, Togashi-sama? What brought you here, i mean i assume you where in Toshi no Omoidoso. Did you arrived there after being present on court from Morikage?'' She asked. '' Of course please don't feel compelled to answer if you don't wish to.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:43 am 

Muttering thoughts aloud, the monk put forth, "The Tao says 'There cannot be two suns in the heavens or two Emperors on earth.'"

A look to the crowd. "He was a Hantei. He claims the name again. He killed the lawful Emperor, who has an heir. There is a lawful Empress."

He stands calmly, "The Tao says, 'When truth and right go hand in hand, a statement will bear repetition.'"

A look towards the exterior eastern wall, "There is a truth Reichin-no-kami learned in life. When you know what your enemy wants, you can cause him to error. When you know what your enemy needs, you can deny him."

The monk then bows and retakes his seat, listening to the court.

Influence, D7, Imperialist. 2 Influence Points.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:51 am 

Nagiko wrote:
"Might i ask you a question, Togashi-sama? What brought you here, i mean i assume you where in Toshi no Omoidoso. Did you arrived there after being present on court from Morikage?'' She asked. '' Of course please don't feel compelled to answer if you don't wish to.''

Smiling at the trepidation of Nagiko, Iko offered a small shrug. "It is no great secret, Nagiko-san, I was indeed assigned to the Dragon delegation to Morikage Toshi. This Winter has definitely seen much more exercise than most of those in recent memory." She joked lightly.

"Why do you ask?" Iko enquires as she sets her teacup down, fingers slowly turning the cup in place.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:54 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu straightened from the wall and gave a faint smile, bowing politely. "Mirumoto-san, it is good to see you again. It has been a long day, and every friendly face is welcome, of course. I am not certain I am the best of company, but I would try my best."

"I hope not too soon," she said with a small smile, seeing as they already had a meeting. At least this time, it didn't like Wasako had just staggered off the main road and walked in.

She joined Poemu where she was situated and watched the proceedings. "I think Agasha-sama might be very insightful company, actually. At least, I'm sure she finds herself more comfortable here?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:31 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"I hope not too soon," she said with a small smile, seeing as they already had a meeting. At least this time, it didn't like Wasako had just staggered off the main road and walked in.

She joined Poemu where she was situated and watched the proceedings. "I think Agasha-sama might be very insightful company, actually. At least, I'm sure she finds herself more comfortable here?"

Poemu shook her head softly. "There are certainly courts where I find myself feeling at home, but this is quite a different situation. I don't like arguments at the best of times, and on top of the troubles we face, it has made this 'court' rather sour."

"Truth told, I would rather be outside. That's hard to say today of course, what with that chilling rain, but my training had me out as much as in." The Agasha looked a touch wistful a moment. "Besides, I was always outdoors growing up. You know, I was almost as tan as a hinin in the fields when I was little."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:40 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Smiling at the trepidation of Nagiko, Iko offered a small shrug. "It is no great secret, Nagiko-san, I was indeed assigned to the Dragon delegation to Morikage Toshi. This Winter has definitely seen much more exercise than most of those in recent memory." She joked lightly.

Nagiko took out her fan and giggles behind it. '' Hai, you are right about that indeed, Togashi-sama''

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Why do you ask?" Iko enquires as she sets her teacup down, fingers slowly turning the cup in place.

'' Etoo, just wanted to know more about you Togashi-sama. For not any particular reason except for knowing about a famous duelist, i must say.'' Nagiko shrugs. She was just curious about the woman's life.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:47 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
"I am. I apologize for causing concern. Things are well, thus far, setting aside the events of Winter Court and the travel here. You were there for those," she said, raising her fan over her lips. "Ah, but my manners. Seppun-sama, this is my clanmate, Shosuro Sara-san. She's an actress. Shosuro-san, this is Seppun Horonigai-sama, my cousin and a Miharu."

"Hai..." She tries not to remind the scene once again, and keeps eyes focused on Sukimi instead of her brother, "There's no need for an apology. Not from you, nonetheless..."

Horonigai bows to Sara, greeting, "Shosuro-san. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." She also reinforces, saying, "We were both a Toshi no Omodoiso, Shoruro-san and myself. It is an honor be here together."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:06 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu shook her head softly. "There are certainly courts where I find myself feeling at home, but this is quite a different situation. I don't like arguments at the best of times, and on top of the troubles we face, it has made this 'court' rather sour."

"Truth told, I would rather be outside. That's hard to say today of course, what with that chilling rain, but my training had me out as much as in." The Agasha looked a touch wistful a moment. "Besides, I was always outdoors growing up. You know, I was almost as tan as a hinin in the fields when I was little."

She spared a glance at the room before turning back to Peomu. "I see...So court isn't usually like this? Or how it was back at the Toshi too? Hm, it's a bit unfortunate."

"You must have spent all your time outside for that to be possible...and somewhere really sunny. Was court also held outdoor at times or they were other matters you had to attend to?" she asked curiously regarding her training with the Imperials.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:07 am 

Quietly standing off to the side observing the discussion was Otomo Ryuji. He merely watched what was going on but he did begin to develop an interest in Kashiwagi and the Baatar's back and forth.

He watched and waited for an opportunity.

((PM if approach))

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next