It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pm 

The Hilsilage enters, weary and beleaguered but still upright. Remembering to observe and appreciate the space, the Hilsilage wanders the edges of the courtroom before choosing a spot, admiring the decor and attempting to understand the subtle touches one expects from the Crane.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:56 pm 

For once, Suzume Chihaya felt it necessary to weigh in on the subject.

When a lull in the converastion permitted, she slipped into a position to speak and stated, very simply, "I have fought against the army this man is leading. These are not honorable samurai, but rather the basest of people, consumed by fury and hatred. There was no place for peace within them, no courtesy, compassion, or sense of duty. Only bloodlust - one claimed to be a grandfather to a fellow defender, and then tried to strike her down."

With a dark sigh, she shook her head. "If their leader permits those under him to behave in such a way, he reveals himself through their actions."

Then she bowed, and retreated.

----

https://orokos.com/roll/799329 3 raises, 38: 4 Imperial Points.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:02 pm 

Seitouna begins to make notes.
Quote:
After a march through rain that followed us, blessings of the Heavens shown by Water's avatar, a great many reached Nikesake. We were greeted by the Governor, Ikoma Torii--formidable woman, commanding attention--and many sought respite from the trip. I, myself, found the exercise strenuous but not unwelcome; too much idle time does a body ill, and I was pleased to know I could still shoulder my ditty bag without trouble.

A fair number gathered at the Crane Embassy in the afternoon after we arrived. Fatigue told upon some of us as we continued to rally to the Imperial Heir, though a few spoke well early on. A dragon and a carp distinguished themselves early, voices from water and mountain in accord, and I could not help but notice that a Naga had joined. Even others than samurai recognize the rightness of succession to the child of the late and lamented Hantei XXII, the peril that his forebear presents. It is surely a sign that the cause is just.

A songbird also sang eloquently on behalf of the Heir and against the unseemly forces arrayed against him. More, she did sang but briefly, the song perhaps more beautiful for its brevity--and more so against tetsudine plodding!

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:12 pm 

Yasuki Daisuke wrote:
"I agree with the esteemed Togashi." Daisuke spoke up, exhausted, but feeling somewhat invigorated by being back in Court. He bowed to Tsukimi after doing so, then looking to the others gathered. "To placate the Steel Chrysthanthemum by offering him regency will only result in a repeat of the past. We will have betrayed the current Empress, betrayed the Heavens, and add a certain damnation to ourselves."

He kept his fan closed, clapping it against the palm of one hand as if making an exclamation point at the end of his sentence.

"It would be folly, and we would not do ourselves or our families any honor or glory. No. The only path is to do what we can to stop him, and work with the blessing of Heaven and the Empress."

D7 - A Troubled Forum - Influence- Imperialist (Awareness 4, Courtier 3, Prodigy +1k0, VP + 1k1, 2 raises, TN25): 9d10o10k5 30 +3 Imperialist Points

Tsukimi gave an appriciative nod to the one who had more eloquently spoken what she herself had thought on the subject, grateful that others felt the same. And it wasn't often she was called 'esteemed' either.

"Thank you, Yasuki-sama."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:25 pm 

Kashiwagi was here in layers of dark kimono with a hint of Phoenix orange but only a hint. He had listened to people whine, and argue, and make some good points, some bad points, and ultimately to him pointless points. Even the sister of the Emperor was here... well a Yogo, so not really anything to care about... but there was that.

He rubbed the ridge of his nose, a headache was setting in from people speaking around the real issue.

He took to the floor as his mind could not stand folks ignoring the most important issue of all. He cleared his throat and said, “I admire the candor and verve of the Crane to host this debate of sorts, or court... or whatever we are calling this. In fact, I find the arguments to be, well, relatively one sided for the most part but that is to be expected.”

“Honestly I don’t care about the regency or arguing that fact because there is one simple truth that anyone that fled Winter Court knows. There is an army of monsters under the control of the Steel Chrysanthemum, perhaps figurative... perhaps literal if you see the spirits of Toshigoku as unnatural in the realm of ningen-do.”

“But the truth stands, we can argue till we have consumed all the air in the world but might makes right, if we do not stop this army of ten thousand monsters, then he will be able to do whatever he pleases. It won’t matter that he murdered an Emperor, it won’t matter that he will most likely murder the heir, and the Empress and raze anything that stands against him to cinders.”

The Asako finished with, “Please though I beg of you all to continue this spirited debate, just keep in mind the army of monsters is still coming. They will not stop, and we must not get lost in our own rhetoric and forget that point. With that said, please do carry on, this is informative at the least.”

He moved away from the floor and rubbed the bridge of his brow, he did not feel any better.

OOC: Purposefully not weighing on the Influence debate.

Courtier (Never forget that this Monster has an Army and words mean nothing) + Void: 5d10o10k4 27

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:51 pm 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
"I'm afraid my closest approach was visiting Kyuden Agasha."

"I was... otherwise occupied then. I would be grateful if you filled me in."

"The samurai there fought bravely, but we had to collapse the trail in the mountains and evacuate to...here, really." She sighed at the thought. "There were hard fought battles, but the enemies are too many, simply."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:05 pm 

Nagiko appeared in the Crane Embassy, but she was just listening to the arguments. Once again they, no surprise in there, were in favour of the Empress and her child and against Hantei XVI.

She wonders what she should do, if talk at all...

[OOC]

PM me or poke through discord if approached, please

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:41 pm 

After having listened for a time, Koushi rose from his position at the front right of the chamber, just before the dais. His average frame was perhaps unimposing, but the expression on his face was arresting if only for the jarring way its serenity clashed with the words he had to deliver.

"Brothers and Sisters, I have heard the words of the esteemed members of other clans. Their arguments are pointed and have weight. Likewise, I understand the weight of decision that rests not just upon us here, but upon the entire Empire. As the Left Hand of the Emperor, we must be awake to the weight of that choice. In order to fulfill our duties, to preserve the soul of this our Empire, we must be attentive to every word, and take each position into careful consideration before coming to any rash judgment. This has been our way for hundreds of years.

And yet, when the time comes, the choice is our own. The consequences of it will be borne by us and by our posterity. In the end, we will be judged not on how well we held to our role as the Empire's conciliators, but how well we adhered to the spirit instilled in the Empire by Lady Doji and her siblings so long ago. It is to that point that I rise today and one other that I rise today.

The soul of our Empire is founded on devotion to service. As samurai, we serve our Lord, who serves a Champion, who serve the Emperor, who serves Tengoku. This unbroken chain is what allows our system to function, it is what preserves our connection with our ancestors and with the Kami." His voice began to rise in volume and sonority in a steady crescendo. "Lady Doji walked into the sea generations ago. Did our devotion to her end when her head disappeared beneath the waves? If our lord falls in battle, does our loyalty to him end?

No!

Sons and Daughters of Doji, I say to you that our Emperor has fallen in battle with a fallen soul who wears the face of Hantei XVI Okucheo. Has our devotion to our Martyred Prince ended?

No!

Sons and Daughters of Doji, I say to you that our Champion, our Lord, has drawn his sword against this usurper. Has our loyalty to him ended?

No!

Sons and Daughters of Doji, Doji-ue has committed us already. Before this, all other points are moot. Do you think that the Steel Chrysanthemum will reward us, now that Crane swords have been once drawn against him? Was that his way when the people of the Empire groaned under his rule all those years ago?

No!

I say to you that the time to rise and defend the soul of the Empire has come! Let others waver and grovel in the dirt before the base, pitiless traitor., the Left Hand will serve her Champion! Where he has drawn his sword, there we will strike!

Influence Roll, Courtier/Awarness 2 raises=59
--Imperialist

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

Last edited by Doji Koushi on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:46 pm 

Tears spring unbidden to the snakeman's eyes.

"What a beautiful story."

He shields his face with the black and red fan.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:02 pm 

"Well by that logic then, just to follow it Doji-san,” he responded, “then are we always beholden to our lords even when they pass, are we not given a new lord be it by heir, through battle, or appointment?”

“It seems you are picking and choosing when and where the duty applies, but perhaps I mistaking the intent of the words. It just seems that we walk a slippery path if we wish to assign loyalty to a fallen lord but not another fallen lord no matter how long ago he fell.”

The Asako finished with, “Well said, but the words seem muddled.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:09 pm 

Chihaya slipped into position near Kashiwagi, padding silently. She was no ninja, but she certainly managed to avoid creating much disturbance as she went.

From a place vaguely between the Doji and Asako, but somewhat behind each, she said, in a light, distressingly pleasant tone.

"I believe we all held a similar concern about the actions of the man leading that horde, minna-sans. Your point, Asako-san, was well made - yet one must use both the practical and the principled arguments to sway the minds of as many as one can."

Mildly, she added, "I wonder, perhaps it reminds me of a story..."

Such a statement surely couldn't be a threat, yet for some reason, the way she said it, almost sounded like one... Yet her expression was so serene as she looked between the two men, seemingly encouraging cooperation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:14 pm 

Koushi smiled at the Suzume, and let the smile carry naturally to the Asako.

"Asako-sama must apply the points expressed earlier, and on which my position was predicated, in order to see his way through what may appear at first to be a muddle. It is not a question of picking and choosing, but a question of adhering to simple application of bushido. The murderer of the lord cannot legitimately be the lord. This is why the men and women responsible for arranging Hantei XVI's murder did not take the throne, but left it to the son of Hantei XVI.

The commitments made by legitimate authority are binding. That is simple law. Conversely, Hantei XVI Okucheo's illegitimacy is manifest, and his commitments and decision are non-binding. We were committed to battle by Doji Etsuo, who was and may yet be the legitimate Champion of the Crane. I do not think there will be much quibbling over whether his clan was bound by his decision in a court led by the Steel Chrysanthemum. No, the result will be the hangman's noose for all of us, pure and simple."

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 pm 

Kashiwgai nodded and then reflected and rattled off several instances of where a Lord was murdered and an usurper took power and the samurai pledged allegiance to the new lord from among the Crane, Lion, and the Phoenix across the centuries to show that there is a precedent for such happening.

“Again, you speak as if men are not men and will follow power, a samurai lives to serve and that service can be to one that has killed your previous Lord, war and battle is a fact of life. I do not doubt the strength of your words, they are received but to say that it never happens is... untrue,” he responded.

“Now I do agree that we should not give the monster that murdered the previous Emperor regency, but I just find the reasoning emotional but not logical.”

OOC: Lore Law 1 raise: 6d10o10k4-5 31

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:25 pm 

"There is no logic in asking the fox to guard the hen-house," Tsukimi remarked calmly to the debate.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm 

Koushi bowed before Kashiwagi until he sank to his knees and his head touched the floor.

"My apologies, Asako-sama. In future, I will tailor my arguments to suit your taste."

He rose slowly. "I shall endeavor to correct my ignorance of history and logic, so that it will not reflect poorly on my clan, which has and continues to rely on your wisdom, your generosity, your aesthetic, and your sense of timing."

Etiquette roll, 1 raise=26

)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 pm 

Chihaya's smile seemed to grow faintly colder.

"Yes... I think I might feel a story coming on..."

Several minor functionaries, who lacked the status to politely leave once the story began, started inching away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:40 pm 

"You speak from the heart, Doji-san, there is no need for anything else for I find your words Sincere,” he responded after a moment of consideration.

"I just like to pick at the details, it’s what I do. Well since Suzume-san wants to tell her tale, please regale us,” he said giving the floor to the woman.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:43 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Tsukimi gave an appriciative nod to the one who had more eloquently spoken what she herself had thought on the subject, grateful that others felt the same. And it wasn't often she was called 'esteemed' either.

"Thank you, Yasuki-sama."

"You honor me too much, Togashi-san." He smiled to her, bowing in turn after he approached, flicking his fan back open, covering his lips. His eyes showed his smile, as he stood next to her, voice low to allow the Court to speak up while they could speak quietly.

"You spoke the truth, and others should realize it. To contemplate any other choice is foolishness at best." He didn't speak his mind completely, even with the barrier of the paper fan. "I should be thanking you for your wisdom shining a light in these dark times."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm 

"Ah, I fear it may not be as pertinent as I thought, I remember in the third hour the tale does take a sharp turn..."

She gave him a sideways glance, and then added, "I wouldn't wish to bore you, either, now that you're having such a productive discussion."

Her eye was not hostile, but it was... weary. She added, softly, "We are all Sincere, Asako-san, and your point is well taken - yet what would you recommend we do to stop that army, if not try to raise one of our own?"

The question was asked honestly, without a hint of undertone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:57 pm 

For his part, Koushi excused himself silently from the discussion.

)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next