It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The evacuation part 1 (D3 EN open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:36 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:

"But, Yogo-san... just a few mud puddles ago, didn't you suggest yourself that a monk's words might have more natural worth than words from a 'lowly shugenja'? In the dark, face a pale blob under the wide brim of her hat, Myo-en arches an eyebrow with a curious air.

"If I didn't know the gravity of a priest's calling, and how learned a shugenja must be, I might wonder if Yogo-san is disagreeing with me for the sake of argument. To build heat on a cold night, maybe."

The flare of the crow's wings mantling to shake off the icy rain only partly obscures Myo-en's smile.

Aya is more open with her own grin.

"Now Togashi-san, if I were to admit that, wouldn't that being pouring cold water on my fire long before the night is over? What value would my words have then?" she asked with mock seriousness.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:40 am 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"It is always a thing to be hoped for, that there are more kin to carry on the name and the work."

Asakuro smiled. "Perhaps many seasons from now there will be many of my kin whom will take to the kobune as I did and still do on occasion, but for now the Path of No Path is one I walk on my own. My dear wife, an Otomo by birth, I suspect has no interest in going out upon the waves - she has been, nevertheless, a wonderful caretaker of the Menagerie in my absence." And... switch!

"I have heard the stories of what happens in the lands beyond our own when such bold moves are made. Besides our clan, however, none truly know the stories of what turmoil is brought - nor will they unless, not unless drastic warnings are made to reveal what we are sworn not to reveal, matters that rest with Shakuzai-dono and what she sees fit to warn our Imperial cousins. These are unprecedented times, however, and with such great upheaval now I wonder if mere regency and choosing a young Hantei's dojo is too small a prize."

And back! "And has Seitouna-san had chance to show one the ropes yet, or is that a blessed event still to be hoped for?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:52 am 

As Norikami was trying to court the old man to cooperate, there was a pair of voices that called out from the masses, "Ojii-sama!", "Ojiiiii!"

A pair of heimen boys emerged from the refugees who were going in the opposite direction toward safety. They quickly made a beeline for the old man and grabbed both his arms possessively, ignoring the samurai around them. They began yanking him forward to follow. "Ojii! What are you doing here?! Mom's waitin'!"

The older of the two would turn to Wasako and glare at her, likely not learned enough to be fearful of samurai. "Hey, you! Give it back!" He said as he tried his best to take the sack back with his hands, thinking Wasako must have stolen it from their grandfather.

Wasako found herself a bit dumbfounded as the young ones claimed their missing grandfather so fiercely and she quickly returned the bag of turnips to the old man in short order. "...Gomen..." she murmured at a slight loss.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:55 am 

Norikami chuckled as they went off with gramps.

He wasn't used to having relatives to go to for help, not for a long while. In a world that had lately been consumed by conflict, he assumed the old bastard didn't have anyone left.

He actually smiled.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:59 am 

"Ojii, let's goooo. Come'on!" The boys seemed to be in a hurry to get out of here after Wasako had rightfully returned the bag of turnips to the old man. They began to urge him forward by tugging him at first and, quite surprisingly, the old man managed to keep up with their demands as he shuffled away with them more or less towing him.

Wasako, on the other hand, ended up feeling a bit silly that she attempted to help the old man to begin with. Then again, that's how fate worked sometimes, right?

"Ummm...thank you again," she said to both Osamu and Norikami as they did extend their aid to help her help the old man, bowing to both.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:14 am 

"Well in the end I didn't do anything aside stretch my legs", he said easily. "Must be nice to have people you can rely on in the end though."

He motioned to two, gesturing onward. "We got a long march, shall we?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:22 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:

"Now Togashi-san, if I were to admit that, wouldn't that being pouring cold water on my fire long before the night is over? What value would my words have then?" she asked with mock seriousness.

"Once the tinder catches, does one need to keep striking sparks from steel?" Myo-en chuckles low in her throat, then coughs quietly when a swallow of raw cold air goes down uncomfortably.

She clears her throat. "Still, I'll gladly keep disputing with you if it will keep you from freezing. I am Myo-en, by the way. My Order you've already guessed."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:29 am 

"You didn't, but I guess neither did I," she gave a hapless shrug. "However, I'd like to think the intent was appreciated...even if misunderstood. I appreciate the gesture at the very least."

She gave them a quick smile, even if tinged by the rather eventful day already and continue with the march.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:34 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
Yogo Aya wrote:

"Once the tinder catches, does one need to keep striking sparks from steel?" Myo-en chuckles low in her throat, then coughs quietly when a swallow of raw cold air goes down uncomfortably.

She clears her throat. "Still, I'll gladly keep disputing with you if it will keep you from freezing. I am Myo-en, by the way. My Order you've already guessed."

Aya grins and offers a small bow.

"yogo Aya. As for sparks, if one wishes to burn down a mountain, one needs more than a few sparks, ne?" she asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:37 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"Oh, Osamu-san!" she as she was surprised to see Osamu in the march. There were admitted a lot of people here and easily more strangers than familiar faces, even if most were heimen. She glanced to his scroll case at first, not knowing if he meant that he would carry his share or he could call upon the kami to help.

"...No," she said after a pause of consideration, not wanting to assume the specific. "But thank you for the generous offer, Osamu-san."

The Dragon received a polite nod, and Osamu slipped away a moment later to let her and the Scorpion chat. There was after all others who could likely use a hand.

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:15 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Togashi Myo-en wrote:

Aya grins and offers a small bow.

"yogo Aya. As for sparks, if one wishes to burn down a mountain, one needs more than a few sparks, ne?" she asked.

"A whole mountain?" Myo-en's eyebrows arch upward, just visible in the poor light. "I would call this a foothill's worth of cold. A middling mountain pass, at the worst. But it may be we measure cold differently in the northern peaks than you do south of the Spine."

Did that crow just... wink?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:16 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"You didn't, but I guess neither did I," she gave a hapless shrug. "However, I'd like to think the intent was appreciated...even if misunderstood. I appreciate the gesture at the very least."

She gave them a quick smile, even if tinged by the rather eventful day already and continue with the march.

He didn't particularly have an issue with that thought.

After a moment though he thought about something.

"Well, if we make it all the way to Nikesake, you might see a regular old bath house after all."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:50 am 

Matsu Erina wrote:
"Oh they will. If they don't want to say goodbye to scratches and snack time!"

Erina chuckles as she can watch the two cats ears flick, but otherwise ignoring that the heard the threat...but are now very delicate as they raise a paw to lightly bat the dogs.

Erina giggles softly and turns to Homura, amusement in her eyes. "They are good for cold nights too."

Homura smirked, lowering her voice.

"Who is warmer, the master or her cats?"

Kanade wrote:
Hadena play bowed at the lion that batted at her and raced a little ways away. She yipped, her tail whipping behind her wildly. A canine grin across her face, and another bow.

Jiro, well, he tried to be serious. Yet, as a lion batted at him, he decided to try to playfully tackle the lion. He was a good bit smaller, yet he still pounced in a show of courage.

Seeing the warcats Kanade spoke, "Erina-san! Have you taken your rice today? How are your cats?" She paused, "oh I see you have a classmate with you. This one is Kanade of the Mantis." Her yukata was soaked, and hung tightly to her curves. It wasn't quite enough to be scandalous...yet, but the normal Rokugani would be freezing.

Kami these Mantis are strange. How are you not freezing?

Homura bowed to the woman, gazing at her kimono for a moment before taking a step closer to Kanade and holding her umbrella between them.

"Good evening Kanade-san. I hope you are well? You will need to teach me your secrets to staying warm, I've never seen anyone so unconcerned with icy rain before! I am Ikoma Homura, it's a pleasure to meet you" she grinned at the woman "there's space under my umbrella for one more, and I can't decide which of you two is more in need of it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:42 pm 

"Let Erina-San share your warmth. Though, this one appreciates your offer. I assure you, snow, rain, summer's heat, nor the melting place beneath Kyuden Agasha, have bothered me. To be honest, the water is quite refreshing." She let a smile show with a teasing glint in her eye.

"If I could teach it would, but alas, some are born with it and others are not. I was born into the Crab and married Mantis. Both of those clans have members like this. Some bloodlines are like this, my son inherited it, to my delight."

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:11 pm 

"Resistance to the elements, ne? How fascinating, I've never known anyone like that before, it seems you have many things smiling upon you Kanade-san" Homura smirked at the woman, moving her umbrella to be more over Erina "I enjoy the rain as well, however ice water falls a little outside this. If you're both very warm I'll accept both of your warmth though" she laughed, although paused at the mention of 'son'.

"I hope you and your son were safe during the incident earlier? Or is he not here?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:18 pm 

"Thank you, Homura-san. It has proven useful a few times." She paused, "Naru-kun is safe in the Isles. My yojimbo Rei keeps an eye on him. His father, my husband, Arashi is out to sea."

The dogs loped their way around the lions, pouncing and tackling with shoulders. Gentle enough to be considered play, but belying some strength.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:28 pm 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"I have heard the stories of what happens in the lands beyond our own when such bold moves are made. Besides our clan, however, none truly know the stories of what turmoil is brought - nor will they unless, not unless drastic warnings are made to reveal what we are sworn not to reveal, matters that rest with Shakuzai-dono and what she sees fit to warn our Imperial cousins. These are unprecedented times, however, and with such great upheaval now I wonder if mere regency and choosing a young Hantei's dojo is too small a prize."

And back! "And has Seitouna-san had chance to show one the ropes yet, or is that a blessed event still to be hoped for?"

"Not as yet. I have no such port to call home, no such berth in which to drop anchor. The harbormaster has yet to assign me such a thing, though I could not lie and say I have not put in at the occasional port of call."

Again, sotto voce: "I cannot think it is in our interest to have the elder ascend. And I worry that others might not do so well for us as an heir who is still young, whose regent will be much occupied. If we have any pull in the matter, cousin, I would hope we put it to securing things such that our operations can continue as they previously had.

"After all, who would support the Menagerie?"

There is a smile that might be lost in the darkness.

"Maybe there will be a place I can deliver cargo soon. Should we survive the voyage, of course."

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:07 pm 

Kanade wrote:
"Thank you, Homura-san. It has proven useful a few times." She paused, "Naru-kun is safe in the Isles. My yojimbo Rei keeps an eye on him. His father, my husband, Arashi is out to sea."

The dogs loped their way around the lions, pouncing and tackling with shoulders. Gentle enough to be considered play, but belying some strength.

"Oh, that's good to hear. Still, if your yojimbo is with your child, who is assisting you? I understand you have a duelist among your ranks, one Nagiko-san? I suppose she can play the role, however if you need any assistance come find me. I'm always happy to assist" she gave Kanade a wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:10 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
He didn't particularly have an issue with that thought.

After a moment though he thought about something.

"Well, if we make it all the way to Nikesake, you might see a regular old bath house after all."

"Oh, that might be the case..." she said curiously, recalling their conversation earlier today. "I don't think any of us thought we would actually be moving towns this morning but I guess this might be my opportunity...If there is a silver lining in all of this. You can let me know how it compares to this bathhouse in the Scorpion lands. Have you ever been to Nikesake?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:23 pm 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:

"A whole mountain?" Myo-en's eyebrows arch upward, just visible in the poor light. "I would call this a foothill's worth of cold. A middling mountain pass, at the worst. But it may be we measure cold differently in the northern peaks than you do south of the Spine."

Did that crow just... wink?

That was the problem with arguing with a Togashi. They just couldn't understand a decent analogy. Always bouncing off on some random tangent.

"I'm surprised, Myo-En-san. I would think that hailing from a colder area you would have had time to develop a deeper understanding of just how bad exposure to the cold really can be for a person. But given I've seen Dragons meditating in the snow, I start to wonder how many you lose each winter to such bravado." she replied.

Theme Song

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next