It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:29 am 

(Note that Lion characters cannot enter this thread.)

As the survivors of Toshi no Omoidoso gather at the Crane Embassy to discuss the situation away from the Lion - who are assumed to be supporting the Matsu Empress - the topic turns toward the Steel Chrysanthemum whether some sort of peace might be found by appointing him regent - not Emperor - of the young heir.

While the Crane are quick to condemn the Steel Chrysanthemum for the assassination of the Emperor, they have also begun to question whether his status as Emperor - which was never formally revoked - now makes him the Emperor of Rokugan. And even if he is not, is it a crime to raise one's blade against an Emperor?

(Characters can attempt Influence rolls in this thread.)

Post subject: Re: A Troubled Forum (D7, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:55 am 

Shakanar was quiet to start, just listening to the various arguments. As things started to get....not heated. But pointed for sure. For each point, he brought at least one counter point, showing civility and a sharp wit and sense of humor, talking people into corners of having to admit that they supported a murderer, or to speak against him. All in a days work

( tn 35 Courtier/Awareness: 47
5 imperialist points )

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:13 am 

Poemu showed up at the embassy, but after her long ride in the rain, she was still worn out. Her words for supporting action against the Steel Chrysanthemum came out the same, lacking their usual kick, so finally she stepped aside, sighing silently to herself.

(TN 30 Imperialist roll = 29 (Fail))

(PM if approaching)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:31 am 

Tamaki speaks brilliantly of the will of Heavens and how they choose the Emperor. The time of Hantei XVi is past. Putting him as regent after killing the Emperor would be only allowing him to kill another Emperor. She says this much more elegantly than her player describes.

Roll 3 Raises = 68! 4 Points for Imperialist!

Background

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:48 am 

A young woman sat in the court room, dressed mostly in simple white. Her only identifiers for now were signs of moderately high rank and the Otomo and Yogo mons on her clothing. Red hair was pulled into a braid halfway down her back, and she wore a jade necklace, but otherwise dressed fairly simply.

She stood quietly when it was time to speak. "No Emperor's status was formally revoked. That's because it shouldn't have to be said. Are you really saying that our thought processes are so confused that we need to make a specific rule saying that an Emperor abdicates by dying?"

She shook her head and began pacing. "Even while you condemn my brother's death, you soften your stance on his murderer, cheapening it and that of those who sacrificed themselves for the good of the Empire before now." The tale of the end of the Steel Chrysanthemum was well known enough that she didn't feel the need to go too deeply into it. "My apologies to all for my tone, but I feel my points must be made on no uncertain terms."

She bowed to those gathered and settled back down into a seated position, closing her eyes.

[PM if approached]

Courtier (Rhetoric)/Awareness 7k3 + 1k1 Void, 3 raises for TN 30: 8d10o10k4 33 +4 Imperialist Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:07 am 

"So, uh, what do the Crane think about all this, anyway?" the young Unicorn representative asked cautiously. "I hear what you're saying but, you know, Steel Flower doesn't sound like the kind of person who would settle for being Regent."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 am 

Mai came to be in attendance but not to sway minds, at least, that was not her intention upon entering. Instead, upon hearing the floor would be open to such talk she felt it best to come and listen to what the many Samurai present here might have to say.

Well, all those Samurai with the exclusion of the Lion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:12 am 

"An Emperor that kills an Emperor is still an Emperor, is that why you are confused minna-sama?" The actress tsk-ed.

"That is not how it should be working and you know that. By slaying a reigning monarch, Hantei XVI is a traitor of the Empire, plain and simple. A traitor of the Empire is forfeit all status, is it not? If a daimyo would do it, he would not be daimyo anymore. If a Champion? The same. If it were the Abbott of the Brotherhood? Of course! This is not hard minna-sama!"

Her voice turned shrill at the end, but it seemed that the legal argument seemed to sway a few people at least.

Yogo Sukima wrote:
A young woman sat in the court room, dressed mostly in simple white. Her only identifiers for now were signs of moderately high rank and the Otomo and Yogo mons on her clothing. Red hair was pulled into a braid halfway down her back, and she wore a jade necklace, but otherwise dressed fairly simply.

She stood quietly when it was time to speak. "No Emperor's status was formally revoked. That's because it shouldn't have to be said. Are you really saying that our thought processes are so confused that we need to make a specific rule saying that an Emperor abdicates by dying?"

She shook her head and began pacing. "Even while you condemn my brother's death, you soften your stance on his murderer, cheapening it and that of those who sacrificed themselves for the good of the Empire before now." The tale of the end of the Steel Chrysanthemum was well known enough that she didn't feel the need to go too deeply into it. "My apologies to all for my tone, but I feel my points must be made on no uncertain terms."

She bowed to those gathered and settled back down into a seated position, closing her eyes.

[PM if approached]

Courtier (Rhetoric)/Awareness 7k3 + 1k1 Void, 3 raises for TN 30: 8d10o10k4 33 +4 Imperialist Points

Sara raised her eyes at the vehemency of the...Yogo? How intriguing. The Emperor's siter?! Oh my.

The Shosuro actress approached the figure clad in white, and bowed deeply, awaiting to be acknowledged.

OOC:
D7 LA Imperialist Influence, Courtier/Awareness, VP for +1k1, 3 CR for points, tn 30: 8d10o10k5 43

4 Imperialist points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:48 am 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara raised her eyes at the vehemency of the...Yogo? How intriguing. The Emperor's siter?! Oh my.

The Shosuro actress approached the figure clad in white, and bowed deeply, awaiting to be acknowledged.

Sukima dipped her head in acknowledgement, giving Sara a small, wan smile. She looked rather pallid. "Shosuro-san... I'm glad to see more of us here. I am Yogo Sukima. Pleased to meet you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:57 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
Shosuro Sara wrote:

Sukima dipped her head in acknowledgement, giving Sara a small, wan smile. She looked rather pallid. "Shosuro-san... I'm glad to see more of us here. I am Yogo Sukima. Pleased to meet you."

"Yogo-sama, my condolences for your loss." It seemed the appropriate starter to say. "Shosuro Sara, actress of Taishou Hikari, at your pleasure." She straightened from her bow and moved closer. "I hope things have been calmer in Nikesake?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:59 am 

Shosuro Sara wrote:

"Yogo-sama, my condolences for your loss." It seemed the appropriate starter to say. "Shosuro Sara, actress of Taishou Hikari, at your pleasure." She straightened from her bow and moved closer. "I hope things have been calmer in Nikesake?"[/quote]

"Thank you, Shosuro-san. It was all of our loss, but it does sting."

"For the brief duration we've been here, yes," she agreed with a nod. "I have worked with several excellent actors and actresses over the past several years. I'm pleased to meet another."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am 

A person with a staff - or a staff with a person - moves to speak. "When a person retires, they may not change their mind. They have left their current world, and entered a new one. Even if the retirement was... forced upon them. This Spirit seems to have decided that, despite passing on, he may ignore the way the world works, because he disagrees with it. These are not the actions that are allowed by the hierarchy of the Heavens."

Courtier/Awareness, Void for 1k1, 1 called raise, TN 20: Total is 26, for two Imperialist points.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am 

Sara smiled. "Arigatou for your kind words. Sadly, currently the time is not ripe for my plays, I feel." She glanced around the room of imbeciles. "Your patience is a virtue Yogo-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:07 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara smiled. "Arigatou for your kind words. Sadly, currently the time is not ripe for my plays, I feel." She glanced around the room of imbeciles. "Your patience is a virtue Yogo-sama."

She sighed and shook her head. "More's the pity. I'm sure we could all use the brief escape of the theater," she mused. She looked around, concealing a sigh behind her fan. "If one lets such things weigh them down, one will soon be crushed. Better to let them be as feathers and float away. However, it's always worth knowing where people stand."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:22 pm 

Yogo Sukima wrote:

She sighed and shook her head. "More's the pity. I'm sure we could all use the brief escape of the theater," she mused. She looked around, concealing a sigh behind her fan. "If one lets such things weigh them down, one will soon be crushed. Better to let them be as feathers and float away. However, it's always worth knowing where people stand."

"Yogo-sama spent some time among the Togashi? Sounds like something they would say." The Shosuro replied with a smile. "Have you heard the news of what happened at Toshi no Omoidoso?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:35 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Yogo Sukima wrote:
"Yogo-sama spent some time among the Togashi? Sounds like something they would say." The Shosuro replied with a smile. "Have you heard the news of what happened at Toshi no Omoidoso?"

"I'm afraid my closest approach was visiting Kyuden Agasha."

"I was... otherwise occupied then. I would be grateful if you filled me in."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm 

A tired Tsukimi tried to join the discussion, but her weariness kept getting in her way of formulating any good responses.

"I don't think I would trust someone who killed their own descendant to be the regent of another one," she remarked at some point, without her usual serenity, but it didn't seem to get any traction.

----------

Void spent to activate Touch of the Void Dragon (Air)

D7 LA Influence (Imperialist). Courtier/Awa. TotVD (Air), +1k1 Void. 3 raises. TN 30: 7d10o10k5 28

*sad trombone*

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:41 pm 

Something similar befalls Kasuga Seitouna, who makes to speak but cannot gain any traction here.

(27 against TN 30, so failed attempt at Imperialist influence.)

He makes to find a decent spot to take notes.

And I have a lot of catching-up to do, he thinks.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:53 pm 

Among those attending court with the Crane is Degarashi, weary from the long trek out of Toshi no Omoidosu. When he hears the disposition of the courts, he recalls his final rakugo performance, and seeks to do the same here as he did there.

As he opened his mouth to speak, a Crane courtier elbowed him in the ribs, stealing his breath.

He moved to the side and tried again, only for a fan to sail out of the crowd and strike him in the face. Maybe he owed an apology to Setsuna.

Steeling himself to try again, he opened his mouth only for an ornery goose to land on his head and honk vehemently whenever he tried to speak.

Degarashi sighed and moved forlornly towards the Scorpion, beaten and thoroughly goosed by fate.

Influence, 2 raises, TN25, VP for +1k1: 7d10o10k4 23

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:35 pm 

"I agree with the esteemed Togashi." Daisuke spoke up, exhausted, but feeling somewhat invigorated by being back in Court. He bowed to Tsukimi after doing so, then looking to the others gathered. "To placate the Steel Chrysthanthemum by offering him regency will only result in a repeat of the past. We will have betrayed the current Empress, betrayed the Heavens, and add a certain damnation to ourselves."

He kept his fan closed, clapping it against the palm of one hand as if making an exclamation point at the end of his sentence.

"It would be folly, and we would not do ourselves or our families any honor or glory. No. The only path is to do what we can to stop him, and work with the blessing of Heaven and the Empress."

D7 - A Troubled Forum - Influence- Imperialist (Awareness 4, Courtier 3, Prodigy +1k0, VP + 1k1, 2 raises, TN25): 9d10o10k5 30 +3 Imperialist Points

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next