It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day Two - Early Afternoon] Refuge of the Mind
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:11 pm 

Wasako gave a few thoughtful nods at Mai's words. "I'm not exactly looking forward to fighting either, I suppose it's just the initial idea I had assumed before coming here. If it were up to me, I'd avoid it but that doesn't seem to be an option here. All of these experiences are at least something to learn from and day by day, I've become more informed. I do at least hope to come out of this wiser because of it, see both the grander picture and the smaller things."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:28 am 

"May, there are not often options to avoid fighting when ones lord beckons it. Only, now, you may yet be certain that you will needs be fighting for that which you can assuredly be gratified for you will be protecting those innocents who may not yet defend themselves," she says, in a calming tone that blended with her else-wise focus.

"I hope, yet, that we may yet not lose talented and thinking individuals such as yourself Mirumoto Wasako-sama. May that we can yet nurture that growing mind of yours," she says with the slight hint of a good humored teasing tone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:00 pm 

Wasako gave two blinks at the statement and smiled on a bemused note. She scratched the back of her neck. "I don't know if I could be considered so talented until I have a chance to prove myself, if and when I get the chance. When the opportunity calls, I don't exactly intend to fail either, obviously! On the thinking part, I kind of wonder if I'm only thinking so much because I don't know the answers or if I want to see the bigger picture."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:55 pm 

"May, would thinking of the bigger picture and wishing to know more because you do not know the answers not be the same thing?" she suggests with the hint of a smile.

"Hai, you may decide that they are two separate things but perhaps they are only two sides to the coin that is a greater desire for knowledge."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 pm 

Wasako showed a slightly embarrassed smile at the assessment. "Now that you've mentioned it like that, they could very likely be the same. I suppose without knowing the full scope of things, everything seems so different and I don't see the connection in all things. I'm sure once I'm able to climb that mountain, there are some things that may seem obvious."

She looked up pensively, "But then again, I might be left with more questions than answers at the same time. It seems fitting when it comes to learning, doesn't it?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:31 am 

"Hai, learning is in itself a mountain to climb to yet see a higher mountain," she commented with the hint of a grin as she continued her work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:59 pm 

"I suppose even when we reach the highest mountain, it's unlikely we'll truly be able to see all unless we're as high as the Heavens. I suppose the kharmic circle is very much tied into learning as well, although I'm curious how much are the lessons are actually kept when we go from life to life," she pondered for a moment. "But, that's easily a discussion that could span for a lifetime by itself."

"...How long does the process take?" She asked curiously regarding her tattoo work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 am 

"Depends upon the work that is being done, Mirumoto Wasako-sama," she said, cleaning off her arm some with a cloth. Then the needle was next and as she carefully worked at it, cleaning each bit of ink from it so it was prepared for travel

"For this one.." she held it up, and then indicated what more there was going to be for it, "I think it will be about four or so hours more. May, give it a day or so and this will be finished but as you see there is much more work to be done for the details."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 am 

"Oh," she said at first but it shouldn't have been very surprising to her. Creating art wasn't the same as performing, which was perhaps something she was more versed in. "Good artistry can't be rushed but I see it's also a test of endurance as well..."

It didn't make her want to get her own tattoo anytime soon but easily elevated her appreciated for the artform.

"I should probably get back to meditations and allow you to return to your work, Togashi-san. Thank you for the conversation and perhaps I'll see the finished work next we meet," she smiled encouragingly and bowed politely to excuse herself. Seeing as she was tattooing herself, Wasako didn't expect Mai to bow back.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm 

"May it would warm me to know it would be that of which you would consider worth noting upon," she said with a dip of her head that was the most proper of a bow she might have given. With the apparent willingness of Wasako to accept it she felt propriety was satisfied enough to calm her nerve.

Seeing Wasako off she returned to her work, there was yet much that needed done.

/scene