It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: D3 LE - Governor's Address (Open)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:45 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"A good philosophy. I'll have to remember that when I am teaching people how to fight."

"Mine as well. I have only just started being taught the Tao and learning about spiritual matters from Shugenja. Otherwise, my guide in life has been the tenants of bushido and Leadership"

Mogami glances over at the Dragon waiting to address the Governor.

"I wonder what she wants?"

Aya smirked a bit.

"To bend his ear for a bit?"

It wasn't a terribly tasteful joke, but Aya wasn't a terribly tasteful person.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:53 am 

Mogami returns the smirk with one of her own.

"Have you considered...considering?" she says in a mock enigmatic voice.

She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment.

"Here I thought all courts were supposed to be boring affairs, where one misstep found you staring at a Kakita duelist. Thank you for providing me with some pleasant conversation instead, even if some of the topics that I asked about were less than pleasant."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami returns the smirk with one of her own.

"Have you considered...considering?" she says in a mock enigmatic voice.

She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment.

"Here I thought all courts were supposed to be boring affairs, where one misstep found you staring at a Kakita duelist. Thank you for providing me with some pleasant conversation instead, even if some of the topics that I asked about were less than pleasant."

That got an actual laugh out of the Yogo. She didn't care much for Togashi Iko, that was for certain.

"indeed, I have to admit, between you and Tani-san, I've really enjoyed my time here meeting members of the Lion clan. Not something I expected. I mean, I didn't expect to be here anyways, but still...not all of life's surprises are bad ones, ne?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:34 am 

"Indeed they are not. It has been a pleasure meeting you as well."

"So what did you think of your clansman's performance today before the battle?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:15 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Indeed they are not. It has been a pleasure meeting you as well."

"So what did you think of your clansman's performance today before the battle?"

Aya chuckled.

"I'd say he has excellent control of the audience." she remarks, thinking about the fan toss. "And yourself?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:56 pm 

"Some I found funny, some fell short for me. And one a good lessons on the importance of communication. It was certainly something I havn't seen before, so I appreciated it a lot. It was a nice was to forget about the uneasiness that settles into one normally before a battle."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:23 pm 

Seitouna writes on:
Quote:
After the Governor directed Matsu Mogami to defend the evacuation in its progress, she and a Scorpion--Yogo, perhaps--conferred for a time. It seemed a thing of interest to them both, no less so than the approach of a Togashi to the Governor that followed was to me. They are a curious people, the Togashi, and the presence of several in the city was remarked upon by no few.

I waited to see if she would perch upon something, as I am told the Togashi are wont to do.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:56 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Some I found funny, some fell short for me. And one a good lessons on the importance of communication. It was certainly something I havn't seen before, so I appreciated it a lot. It was a nice was to forget about the uneasiness that settles into one normally before a battle."

The admission surprised the Yogo a bit. She'd rather thought the Matsu were like the forces assailing the city. Uneasiness before battle?

She chuckled a bit.

"Further proof you're not destined to end up fighting on the wrong side of this battle, Mogami-san. I doubt the enemy has any appreciation left for the storyteller's craft." she offered.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:23 pm 

OOC: I'm going to try to knock some out simultaneously since I've been so busy today, but obviously we won't all be talking at once.

Togashi Iko wrote:
After waiting patiently, Iko approaches the Governor and waits to be recognized.

"Togashi-san!" He seems excited to see her. "You did so well in the mountains. A blow to the city and the army, but more to the army than us."

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:24 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
Kōgyoku had been there, listening, but also waiting for her turn to address the Governor.

"Matsu-san. You've been hard at work. Thank you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:40 pm 

"I imagine not. That is always what has separated us from our enemies truly though, culture and art, no? Does Yogo-san have any training in acting as well? I appreciate the form, but have never studied any of it myself. I do enjoy writing some poetry from time to time though."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:44 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"I imagine not. That is always what has separated us from our enemies truly though, culture and art, no? Does Yogo-san have any training in acting as well? I appreciate the form, but have never studied any of it myself. I do enjoy writing some poetry from time to time though."

Aya snorts at the thought of being on stage.

"No, when I'm not hunting, I tend to devote myself to more scholarly pursuits. The arts are wonderful, and I appreciate them truly, but there's alot to learn in this world, and only so much time to learn it."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 pm 

"If only there were there more hours in the day. Libraries are a good use of ones time though, I enjoy reading myself. One can never have too much information. Plus, being transported to a place and time that you could have never witnessed by reading a book is always a nice escape. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:52 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"If only there were there more hours in the day. Libraries are a good use of ones time though, I enjoy reading myself. One can never have too much information. Plus, being transported to a place and time that you could have never witnessed by reading a book is always a nice escape. "

These Matsu were surprisingly human.

"Hmm, indeed. So what's your second favorite book, Mogami-san?" Aya asked.

She was pretty sure she already knew Mogami's favorite book.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:02 pm 

"Hmm, that is a hard choice. So many to pick from. Perhaps one I read about a Crane Magistrate. Here is how I would write about it to get people interested: Daidoji Shin, unrepentant wastrel with a taste for scandal and dice, coasts through his role as Crane Clan’s trade envoy in the City of the Rich Frog. But when a case of poisoned rice threatens the brittle peace between the competing clans, the Imperial Governor drags Shin from his indolence and orders him to find the culprit. Despite himself, Shin uncovers an intriguing conspiracy involving more than just dead rats. A murder with no body and a missing actress present a distraction that could finally make Shin put in a full day’s work, and maybe even save the city from tearing itself apart."

"I think I enjoy it so much because it shows why Bushido is important to follow, for many of what Shin does is against the code, and were he to follow it better much could have been completed faster and better. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:45 pm 

Shimizu Kendo wrote:
"Togashi-san!" He seems excited to see her. "You did so well in the mountains. A blow to the city and the army, but more to the army than us."

((OOC: Iko would wait for Kogyoku to go first, but as GM said, in the interest of time..))

"Shimizu-sama, this one thinks that the foresight to ask about the mountain passes before the necessity of collapsing them was well thought out, and I believe you were hoping for a more substantial defense of your city, so the early evacuation is probably something of a surprise. I know you sent Doji Koushi-san with letters for the capital earlier today, and was wondering if you had anything you needed seen safely to Nikesake, given the developments since then."

She offers a deep bow of respect for the GOvernor who would be staying behind to delay the approaching army.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:57 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Shimizu-sama, this one thinks that the foresight to ask about the mountain passes before the necessity of collapsing them was well thought out, and I believe you were hoping for a more substantial defense of your city, so the early evacuation is probably something of a surprise. I know you sent Doji Koushi-san with letters for the capital earlier today, and was wondering if you had anything you needed seen safely to Nikesake, given the developments since then."

She offers a deep bow of respect for the GOvernor who would be staying behind to delay the approaching army.

He looks solemn. "I had hoped that the passes could be defended, as the loss of the route toward the heart of the Empire will cost this city dearly. It will probably need to expand the port to survive... if there's a city left at the end of all this."

He sighs. "But, it seemed it could not be done, so we did what needed to be done. I'm not sure we could have done it without you. Certainly, the Dragon showed great ability today."

He strokes his chin a moment before continuing. "I do not believe there is anything for me to say to Nikesake that cannot be better said by some of the august people that will soon be heading in that direction. I will say that the governor there, Ikoma Torii, is quite different than myself... in many ways. I'm sure it'll be interesting times there, as well."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 pm 

"Then I thank you for the opportunity to serve with you, however briefly Shimizu-sama, and may Emma-O treat you with the honour you have earned in this life."

With a final bow Iko waits to be dismissed, then steps away from the dais and into the crowd.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Hmm, that is a hard choice. So many to pick from. Perhaps one I read about a Crane Magistrate. Here is how I would write about it to get people interested: Daidoji Shin, unrepentant wastrel with a taste for scandal and dice, coasts through his role as Crane Clan’s trade envoy in the City of the Rich Frog. But when a case of poisoned rice threatens the brittle peace between the competing clans, the Imperial Governor drags Shin from his indolence and orders him to find the culprit. Despite himself, Shin uncovers an intriguing conspiracy involving more than just dead rats. A murder with no body and a missing actress present a distraction that could finally make Shin put in a full day’s work, and maybe even save the city from tearing itself apart."

"I think I enjoy it so much because it shows why Bushido is important to follow, for many of what Shin does is against the code, and were he to follow it better much could have been completed faster and better. "

Aya noted the Dragon's reqest.

So you earn his praise....and use the opportunity to question his judgement, and ask to transport his mail? Dragons....are weird.

She turned her attention back to the Matsu.

"Hmm, sounds quite interesting. Have you had a chance to read The Tales of Seppun Hokuto? He's described as an artist, magistrate, and resident of the imperial capital who has solved over one thousand cases without ever having left his library.

The most recent one concerned a minor clan daimyo being betrayed by someone in her immediate family. Hokuto takes in a wealth of conflicting testimonies, and yet he still solves the case without ever having left the comforts of his library."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 pm 

"I have not, but it sounds quite intriguing. Mysteries are always some of my most favorites. I like trying to figure them out before the main character can. I've succeeded a few times, but more often than not I missed something, or the writer wrote in a way that it would be impossible to solve without a wild guess being right. I tend to dislike the later, as it feels to....set up? I'd rather my stories have logic in them than magic or luck. Also, it's much easier to learn from a story using logic than luck as well."

"I do also like the occasional romance, though I haven't read any in a long time. Does Yogo-san have any suggestions there? Perhaps the markets of Nikesake will have it."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next