It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:17 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Lost Opportunity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:22 pm 

She found Kin's survival skills rather impressive, considering he would even forage for food in the wilderness of the Shinomen. There were stories of the place being almost a separate realm. To think of it, she might have learned the same way as the students at her dojo and that was the hard way. "Ryuuta-sama must be very resourceful indeed to survive in the Shinomen Forest. I suppose we have a large variety of them on the mountain, although not many of them are actually savoury. We are lucky of have an abundance of goji berries at least, many are often dried and stored."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:30 pm 

"I don't have a great amount of survival skills. But the Piranha have many among our number that make their living with such things. We have hardly any land that can be farmed so that is how we survive as a whole. We bring in foraged food and wild birds the way other clans supplement with gardening as an additional food source. But yes, the Shinomen is dangerous and most of our foragers that range farther from the city must do so with a scout and some guards in case of dangerous animals. We get some goji too, but the dewberry is far more common around Nirukti."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:47 pm 

"I could understand the need to forage. There are times when winters do last longer and the heimen make due by finding food in the wilderness. I guess there are tales where they find themselves competing with wolves and bears thinking of the same thing. Doing that most of the time and in the Shinomen, however, is likely far more dangerous," She said with a shake of her head.

"How are the rest of the Piranha lands like?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 pm 

"Piranha lands are entirely within the borders of the Shinomen. That is what all our lands are like. Most of our food so far comes from the initial grant given during our founding and from lumber trade. We still haven't been around quite long enough to know where our sustenance will come from in the long term. Likely we'll use some land that we clear for lumber to build smaller farms. We've got a few like that already but not likely enough to support all our people."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:54 am 

"The work of being part of building up a new Minor Clan must be daunting but you're easily building up towards the future. It's likely an experience unlike any. I don't think many now could say that they've been part of the founding and establishment of a Clan, great or minor. And what brings you away from your Clan to the Lion lands?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:37 am 

"Likely only older members of the Hare," he agrees.

"I was at Morikage Toshi, representing the Piranha and present for any legal issues that might arise concerning the Naga. Being one of the few Rokugani versed in their law and possibly one of only a handful that knows of their law and speaks their language. I was deemed to be necessary to be available to the winter court there by my lord."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:17 am 

Right, the Hare! Wasako did find it hard to keep track of all of the minor clan. It was never a part of the lessons taught at the dojo, admittedly.

Upon hearing about the Toshi, she narrowed her eyes and found herself looking back at the red light in the distance. He was one of many from Morikage Toshi but she never actually stopped anyone to ask them of the events there. "Oh, you were there...How was it like there, before and after?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:22 am 

"It was my first winter court, so it was hectic for me. I did a lot of writing; reports and such. But the attack was terrible." Glancing at the glow himself, he let the memories come back.

"The returned spirits were brutal and violent. They cared nothing for the pleading of non-combatants and cut down anyone that they got near. It was savagery unlike anything I'd ever experienced."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:02 am 

"Were they more like monsters than people?" She asked hypothetically, the answer was obvious. "It seems strange that there would be even a debate whether or not such savagery would warrant the right for legitimacy. I have to admit, even I was a bit misinformed."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:07 am 

"Open murder in court and senseless slaughter of innocents is no basis for a system of government. Supreme imperial power derives from the will of the heavens, not from some power mad spirit killing an emperor," Kin says shaking his head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:31 pm 

"No, of course not," she gave a shake of her head, feeling rather silly that she entertained the notion that they could potentially give this mad Emperor a chance during her first day here. "I could only imagine with the death of the Emperor, people have been thrown into confusion when the culprit was another Emperor. Might makes right, is probably the best applicable sentiment? However, I think we've already been given a recent example of his rule. The clouds should have parted by now and the full picture is clear."