It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The evacuation part 2 (D3 LN open)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:04 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Hai, I remember your talents Matsu-sama, you have always been a shining example of the martial ability of the Matsu. I'm surprised that a woman of your importance would remember a little thing like me" she lowered her head in respect to the woman "were you assigned to defend the city?"

"Na. Was displaced during the Winter Court thing and heard you were here. Couldn't risk not seeing you after you been in my thoughts so long."

She shifts her weight a bit and moves a step closer. A bit closer than is strictly comfortable, and she drops her voice a bit quieter.

"Couldn't quite forget you, Homura. No fight quite like you."

Run by GM "Here We Go" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:20 pm 

Matsu Misaki wrote:
"Na. Was displaced during the Winter Court thing and heard you were here. Couldn't risk not seeing you after you been in my thoughts so long."

She shifts her weight a bit and moves a step closer. A bit closer than is strictly comfortable, and she drops her voice a bit quieter.

"Couldn't quite forget you, Homura. No fight quite like you."

"I was part of the Winter Court delegation that was...disrupted" Homura nodded, although she was caught surprised by the sudden approach.

"Well I am pretty unforgettable, that's true" the girl smirked "can't think of many situations where someone from a long while ago has sort me out again though. Especially not from before my gempukku."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:59 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I was part of the Winter Court delegation that was...disrupted" Homura nodded, although she was caught surprised by the sudden approach.

"Well I am pretty unforgettable, that's true" the girl smirked "can't think of many situations where someone from a long while ago has sort me out again though. Especially not from before my gempukku."

"Maybe they're too intimidated. You're a lot to handle." She winks. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

She casts a glance toward the retreating Horonigai. "And I wouldn't want you to have things another way, either."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:12 pm 

Matsu Misaki wrote:
"Maybe they're too intimidated. You're a lot to handle." She winks. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

She casts a glance toward the retreating Horonigai. "And I wouldn't want you to have things another way, either."

Homura chuckled. "Perhaps I am. I don't remember you having any issue with that though, but I was much smaller back then. I've proven more than a match for any I've faced lately though, so things are different now."

She followed Misaki's gaze.

"Is something the matter Matsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 pm 

Yukinaga trudged through the night in his armor an uncomfortable experience for sure but after what he saw this morning he didnt trust what might lurk in these spaces between cities.

The young gunso looked about keeping his eyes out for trouble even if he wasnt the best look out he would at least be prepared if trouble did come calling.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:02 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"Seppun Horonigai, I am glad to see you are well, I know your service to Shimizu-daimyo has been impactful and worthwhile. As expected for one of your skill and caliber. Your example draws the eye of all, including Yogo Aya, she was most intrigued to meet with you."

He smiled and added, "I pray that we have not interrupted you in your duties and you had a moment to speak with us while we marched."

Playing cool under the rain, the Imperial maiden bows to the approaching duet. "Asako-san," she says first. The second to Aya, "Yogo-san. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu-ne~. A difficult day we had, but I pray Inari-no-kami has blessed bot of you."

Her cheeks lift up making her eyes smile. "Ara. Asako-san. Iie, you have not interrupted my duties."

Horonigai provides a nod, "Un! I may have a moment, now that you approached. Meeting someone new –– specially one that endured what transpired today –– is an honor."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:08 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"Seppun Horonigai, I am glad to see you are well, I know your service to Shimizu-daimyo has been impactful and worthwhile. As expected for one of your skill and caliber. Your example draws the eye of all, including Yogo Aya, she was most intrigued to meet with you."

He smiled and added, "I pray that we have not interrupted you in your duties and you had a moment to speak with us while we marched."

Playing cool under the rain, the Imperial maiden bows to the approaching duet. "Asako-san," she says first. The second to Aya, "Yogo-san. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu-ne~. A difficult day we had, but I pray Inari-no-kami has blessed bot of you."

Her cheeks lift up making her eyes smile. "Ara. Asako-san. Iie, you have not interrupted my duties."

Horonigai provides a nod, "Un! I may have a moment, now that you approached. Meeting someone new –– specially one that endured what transpired today –– is an honor."

Aya grinned a bit at that.

"Your day must be filled with honor then, Horonigai-san. Everyone here has had to endure a much harsher end to the winter season than is normal." she offers.

She rubs absentmindedly at the rapidly fading bruise from tentacle-kun.

"Though admittedly, some of us were much closer to accepting our invitation to Emma-O's court today than others. May those who died in the defense of the city find their next turn on the wheel to be a favorable one."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:19 pm 

He nodded at their words and then politely gave them space to speak, being the star of the show was grueling work.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya grinned a bit at that.

"Your day must be filled with honor then, Horonigai-san. Everyone here has had to endure a much harsher end to the winter season than is normal." she offers.

Horonigai agrees by changing her smiling expression into a furrowed brows. "It is an honor we share in the same intensity, then."

Yogo Aya wrote:
She rubs absentmindedly at the rapidly fading bruise from tentacle-kun.

"Though admittedly, some of us were much closer to accepting our invitation to Emma-O's court today than others. May those who died in the defense of the city find their next turn on the wheel to be a favorable one."

"Un!" Horonigai nods, and can't help but to get her eyes moving toward Kougyoku and Kayou. "They really are examples to be followed."

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
He nodded at their words and then politely gave them space to speak, being the star of the show was grueling work.

As polite as he was behaving, The Seppun tries not to look and give credit to his smugness. Instead, she pays attention to Aya.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 am 

Aya felt like a wall Crab suddenly dropped into a tense Doji romance. This was not an entirely unusual role for her.

"So....Horonigai-san, might I ask how you know our mutual acquaintance? I met him here moments ago on the road as he was telling stories to raise the morale of those on this march." she said indicating the man who bore a striking resemblence to the description of Asako Kashiwagi.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:25 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
Matsu Misaki wrote:

Homura chuckled. "Perhaps I am. I don't remember you having any issue with that though, but I was much smaller back then. I've proven more than a match for any I've faced lately though, so things are different now."

She followed Misaki's gaze.

"Is something the matter Matsu-sama?"

Her eyes dart back. "Course not. All's good now." She puts on a smile that feels a little forced and a little genuine.

"Glad things are different. Don't mind it a little rough." She smirks. "Besides, after a walk like this I'll have a few tensions to work out..." She quirks an eyebrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:11 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
As polite as he was behaving, The Seppun tries not to look and give credit to his smugness. Instead, she pays attention to Aya.

Kashiwagi glanced at his tattooed arm, there was relief with the freezing rain running down on his arm but he had to admit the work was going to be impressive when completed. He flexed a bit to see how it changed and still felt satisfied with the look and would have to find that Dragon when they next had a quiet moment to continue working on the project.
Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya felt like a wall Crab suddenly dropped into a tense Doji romance. This was not an entirely unusual role for her.

"So....Horonigai-san, might I ask how you know our mutual acquaintance? I met him here moments ago on the road as he was telling stories to raise the morale of those on this march." she said indicating the man who bore a striking resemblence to the description of Asako Kashiwagi.

The Asako hero was rarely idle as a Phoenix samurai approached and relayed some notes to the man, he nodded and responded for the bushi to be alert and continue on. There were few Phoenix here but enough that he felt responsible for their wellbeing.

There was no rest, only more responsibilities.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:20 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:

Horonigai-san? The Imperial thinks to herself while looking at the Yogo incredulously with a tilt of her head. "Shitsurei shimasu, ne, Yogo-san. Honorifics are important steps to getting acquainted, so I can reply with the same courtesy."

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
...He flexed a bit to see how it changed and still felt satisfied with the look...

Nope. Horonigai doesn't look.

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
...as a Phoenix samurai approached and relayed some notes to the man, he nodded and responded for the bushi to be alert and continue on.

She acknowledges the approaching Phoenix samurai, but that's it. Not her business.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:32 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai-san? The Imperial thinks to herself while looking at the Yogo incredulously with a tilt of her head. "Shitsurei shimasu, ne, Yogo-san. Honorifics are important steps to getting acquainted, so I can reply with the same courtesy."

There is a small twitch at the corner of the Yogo's mouth, very difficult to see in the flickering lanterns.

"Ah, is that so, Seppun-sama? Throughout my stay in town, I've had no one insist upon such formality. A Yogo-sama or two for myself, but none who demanded such respect from me. Clearly, Seppun-sama is to be held to a different standard." she offers.

She offers an apologetic bow to the Seppun.

"My apologies, Seppun-sama, I was in error. It will not happen with Seppun-sama again."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:39 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Seppun Horonigai wrote:

There is a small twitch at the corner of the Yogo's mouth, very difficult to see in the flickering lanterns.

"Ah, is that so, Seppun-sama? Throughout my stay in town, I've had no one insist upon such formality. A Yogo-sama or two for myself, but none who demanded such respect from me. Clearly, Seppun-sama is to be held to a different standard." she offers.

She offers an apologetic bow to the Seppun.

"My apologies, Seppun-sama, I was in error. It will not happen with Seppun-sama again."

Degarashi didn't see any particularly familiar faces until he spied Aya, and sped up his pace to approach her, noticing the energetic Seppun on the way. He bowed to each as he approached. "Seppun-sama, Aya-sama, how go your travels?" He glanced around. "And where is Noribaka? Did he finally cross the line and suffer a fate only a Yogo could administer?"

There were some Phoenix nearby, but they seemed busy, so he didn't bother to address them.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:43 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi didn't see any particularly familiar faces until he spied Aya, and sped up his pace to approach her, noticing the energetic Seppun on the way. He bowed to each as he approached. "Seppun-sama, Aya-sama, how go your travels?" He glanced around. "And where is Noribaka? Did he finally cross the line and suffer a fate only a Yogo could administer?"

There were some Phoenix nearby, but they seemed busy, so he didn't bother to address them.

Aya laughed at the actor's question.

"It's an old joke, Degarashi-san, but told well. I swear, I call the man an idiot, a fool, a coward, pond scum, and worse, and yet there are still people giggling behind their fans about our 'romance'" she remarked.

She grinned a bit.

"If you want to scoop me up onto your powerful horse and whisk me away in a forbidden romance, Degarshi-san, you may stun half the court." she offered.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:47 am 

The hero glanced over as he walked top see how things were proceeding but saw no one of interest outside of the Seppun. It was times like this that he wondered if he should get a horse.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:48 am 

Degarashi clucked his tongue and shook his head. "Aya-sama, I'm alarmed by your lack of knowledge about my past. If I were so inclined I could bring you to the front of this entire procession and have you however I wished without so much as a curious glance in our direction. The horse would just be showing off."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:49 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:

"Ara, ara. It's like a kata. It has to be practiced again and again with joy, even when one's sensei is not present." Horonigai reopens her smile, and jumps to the reply she kept stored.

She looks to Kashiwagi.

Kusodareee~! She blinks a bit while looking to the man, deepening her thoughts, Did she just tricked me?

"Eto. I am quite marveled Yogo-san did not mention his name. It is supposed to be quite famous. Anyhow. We've met a couple of years ago during my cousin's wedding."

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
He bowed to each as he approached. "Seppun-sama, Aya-sama, how go your travels?" He glanced around. "And where is Noribaka? Did he finally cross the line and suffer a fate only a Yogo could administer?

Horonigai straightens her back at the intrusion, but doesn't say much. She smiles and bows back to Degarashi, allowing the clanmates to resume their chat. It could be something urgent, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:55 am 

She grinned at the actor's response. "Promises, promises, Degarshi-san."

She looked back at Seppun-sama's response.

"Hmm, Degarshi-san? I find him quite approachable." she remarked.

She looked over to Kashiwagi.

"Oh him? Ah, he did not give me his name to refer to him by. I'll admit, from a distance, he somewhat matches the description of Asako Kashiwagi, Hero of the Empire, The Slayer of Shogi, albiet a bit shorter and more tattooed. But I'm sure he has people mistaking him for Asako Kashiwagi all the time, I'm sure he must be tired of hearing that name."

Theme Song

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next