It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The evacuation part 2 (D3 LN open)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:36 am 

Matsu Misaki wrote:
"Homura-san!" the Matsu loudly called as she neared... probably a bit louder than was necessary. "It has been too many years! The last time we fought still lingers in my brain."

She is much like the Misaki you remember, though a bit older and... more grizzled.

There was a frown for a moment as Homura tried to recognize the voice. Then Horo would notice the look oh oh...crap. which briefly crossed Homura's face before a smile and a bow as the Matsu reached them.

"Matsu-sama, I wasn't aware you were here. It has been a long time. Five years? I hope you have been well."

She looked to Horo.

"Seppun-sama, this is Matsu Misaki, someone I knew from before my gempukku. Matsu-sama, this is the honourable Seppun Horonigai-sama, Miharu of the Imperial Families."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:10 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"It would take a legendary deluge to snuff out this flame," he retorted.

"Well hopefully it won't come to that." she replied. "Though I doubt we'll be marching to nicer weather, ne?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:46 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
The Asako hero rolled his shoulders and then exposed his left arm which had the start of a detailed tattoo sleeve, he allowed it to breathe exposing his toned upper body, the left side at least, with scars from his many battles.

The rain ran down his bare skin as he continued his march.

As she stepped back for Homura to greet the incoming Berserker, the Seppun, meanwhile, noticed other sort of bareness.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Seppun-sama, this is Matsu Misaki, someone I knew from before my gempukku. Matsu-sama, this is the honourable Seppun Horonigai-sama, Miharu of the Imperial Families."

She blinks her eyes back to their location, and moves her head with a nod to Homura and a bow to Misaki, "Konbanwa, ne, Matsu-san. Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 pm 

Quote:
Kayou gestured to Kodama and the monks' wagon he was accompanying. "They have taken what they though was vital. This one does not think that even the spirits are crazed enough to provoke the elemental dragons."

"There is enough to assume that there are few lines the usurper won't cross." The Lioness still nodded. "Earlier this morning a column of refugees was led toward Nikesake because the enemy had burnt the port. If there are no bodies of theirs on the way there it may indicate that the destination will be reached without a fight."

She paused. "This is what I'd recommend when assessing the moves of the enemy. Judging by feasibility rather than intent."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:28 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
"Well hopefully it won't come to that." she replied. "Though I doubt we'll be marching to nicer weather, ne?"

"We all must eat the bitterness this night, but we live and have an opportunity to continue doing so,” he said with a shrug.

"Is this your first march through the rain, Yogo-san? This just reminds me of past campaigns and summer maneuvers.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:25 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
She paused. "This is what I'd recommend when assessing the moves of the enemy. Judging by feasibility rather than intent."

Kayou nods. "Wise advice, Matsu-sama. The last 'campaign' this one led was against a pack of wolves, dangerous foes in their own right but much more limited in resources than the one we face now."

"Indeed, this one does not know if the armies of the Usurper can call upon the elemental kami or the spiritual realm they came from. Their madness in battle is a form of strength but a very limited one and with its own limitations."

She shook her head. "This one just does not have enough information. Perhaps she should speak with the refugees and learn their stories?"

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:02 pm 

"This seems like a good course of action. If it creates insight, I'd be honoured to listen, honoured abbess." She paused. "The grip of winter focused on the city didn't feel like a natural phenomenon. So perhaps shugenja also ought to be consulted on what kind of powers that can portend."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:28 pm 

"Hai," agreed Kayou. "And the way they were able to find spirits that could impersonate the Ancestors and send them against us. That trick could be more effective against those with less iron in their will than Matsu-sama and Akodo Touki-sama."

"This one will go and speak to the refugees and learn what she can. Domo arigato for the advice, Matsu-sama."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:37 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Yogo Aya wrote:

"We all must eat the bitterness this night, but we live and have an opportunity to continue doing so,” he said with a shrug.

"Is this your first march through the rain, Yogo-san? This just reminds me of past campaigns and summer maneuvers.”

Aya grinned at that.

"While you may have more summers than me, I am not some delicate Doji of the courts, only having seen poor weather behind the curtain of a palenquin. But neither rain nor snow nor heat nor gloom of night should stay a samurai from completing their Duty."

She stepped over a soft spot in the road.

"Doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy being in a war bar with a drink in hand more. But pray tell, which campaign does this set you most in the mind of?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:32 pm 

Kayou wrote:
"Hai," agreed Kayou. "And the way they were able to find spirits that could impersonate the Ancestors and send them against us. That trick could be more effective against those with less iron in their will than Matsu-sama and Akodo Touki-sama."

"This one will go and speak to the refugees and learn what she can. Domo arigato for the advice, Matsu-sama."

"One you've come up with yourself, honoured abbess. No credit is owed." Kōgyoku inclined her head. "Where it is owed it is to you for your commitment to defending the city. I believe it is inadvisable to speak about your former life too much, is it? Nevertheless, I respect the familiar spirit that infused you with valiance during battle." Kōgyoku rarely smiled. But now she let herself do it, just a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:56 pm 

Kayou nods. "This one admired your steadfast defense and fierce bravery, Matsu-san. Why, it is almost as if we were cousins in a previous spin of the Kharmic Wheel." She returns the smile easily.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:14 pm 

"There are a few, my first summer maneuvers come to mind, but also the war against the Naga was a test of endurance as well, though the locales got a little exotic and fantastic in the Shinomen," he replied.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:21 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
The Asako hero rolled his shoulders and then exposed his left arm which had the start of a detailed tattoo sleeve, he allowed it to breathe exposing his toned upper body, the left side at least, with scars from his many battles.

The rain ran down his bare skin as he continued his march.

As she stepped back for Homura to greet the incoming Berserker, the Seppun, meanwhile, noticed other sort of bareness.

Ikoma Homura wrote:

She blinks her eyes back to their location, and moves her head with a nod to Homura and a bow to Misaki, "Konbanwa, ne, Matsu-san. Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~"

She bows to Horonigai. "Pleasure to meet you, Seppun-sama. Glad my friend had company." There was an odd quirk of her voice at the word company.

She looks back to Homura and quickly almost forgets the Imperial is there.

"Never been good with words, and there's no words for how nice it is to see you again."

She might've just blushed, but that's probably just from exertion.

Run by GM "Here We Go" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:37 pm 

Horonigai is sort of goofy, but she's no idiot...

Ok, soemtimes she's an idiot, but she notices stuff around. That's her thing! Noticing, and... maybe pouting.

This time, she notices a good vibe flowing between two old friends. With a happy smirk, the Imperial scoots herself away in slow motion, trying not to interrupt the reunion.

If not recalled, of course, the Imperial maiden might just talk a bit with Kougyoku and thank her for all the trouble she went through to defend them earlier today.

Or maybe chat with Kashiwagi. Looking so... full of himself

Angry thoughts lands on her mind, as she reminds the Inquisitor probably have been painting portraits of girls all over place, while she thought it was an exclusive gift. Iie, he doesn't deserve it.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:50 pm 

At some point Degarashi becomes generally visible among the evacuees, having straggled behind much of the night while his legs got used to the steady pace of walking. Though still tired, the monotony and drudgery of the march was beginning to overtake his weakness with the consistency of routine.

Thanks to Yukarin's assistance with his traveling pack, he was having a much easier time than he suspected he would otherwise have, so as he caught up with the main body of travelers, he glanced around, observing the dispositions of those around him.

((Pm if approached))

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:50 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:

Or maybe chat with Kashiwagi. Looking so... full of himself

Angry thoughts lands on her mind, as she reminds the Inquisitor probably have been painting portraits of girls all over place, while she thought it was an exclusive gift. Iie, he doesn't deserve it.

Aya looks over at the glaring Seppun. Well at least this time they weren't glaring at HER. It wasn't her fault that the brat had turned to maho because they were jilted for a more powerful lover..

"The eyes of the Imperial families seem to be on you, storyteller." she offered. "Like, directly."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:20 pm 

“Hmm,” he said absent mindedly before following her gaze and then back to the Scorpion, “Ah an old friend, Seppun Horonigai is a woman of skill and Imperial virtue. I suspect her mood is dark due to what transpired at Winter Court, she often carries herself well, but we all deal with eating bitterness in our own ways.”

“Would you like an introduction, she is surely a person to know,” he offered.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:30 pm 

No don't....damnit. Blocked again.

Homura gave the retreating Seppun a smile and a bow before turning back to Misaki, starting to wonder if the heavens had decided to drop a harem of Matsu on her this winter.

Matsu Misaki wrote:
"Never been good with words, and there's no words for how nice it is to see you again."

She might've just blushed, but that's probably just from exertion.

"Hai, I remember your talents Matsu-sama, you have always been a shining example of the martial ability of the Matsu. I'm surprised that a woman of your importance would remember a little thing like me" she lowered her head in respect to the woman "were you assigned to defend the city?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:32 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“Hmm,” he said absent mindedly before following her gaze and then back to the Scorpion, “Ah an old friend, Seppun Horonigai is a woman of skill and Imperial virtue. I suspect her mood is dark due to what transpired at Winter Court, she often carries herself well, but we all deal with eating bitterness in our own ways.”

“Would you like an introduction, she is surely a person to know,” he offered.

Aya nodded.

"Why not? Sounds interesting, and perhaps you have a tale of a hero of the Imperial families to brighten her mood as well. An army only moves as fast as it's slowest member, after all."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:00 pm 

"Well said," he said and then approached the Seppun princess.

"Seppun Horonigai, I am glad to see you are well, I know your service to Shimizu-daimyo has been impactful and worthwhile. As expected for one of your skill and caliber. Your example draws the eye of all, including Yogo Aya, she was most intrigued to meet with you."

He smiled and added, "I pray that we have not interrupted you in your duties and you had a moment to speak with us while we marched."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next