It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Post subject: Re: Yam Your Friend [D2, Late Evening]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:34 pm 

"Booom!" Horonigai shouts. and playfully bounces toward Chihaya with her hands extended wiggling fingers.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:49 pm 

Chihaya didn't exactly choke, but she did lose the ability to breathe for a moment, as the dango attempted to travel in multiple directions at once.

Eventually she forced it down, gasping in air.

"Heavens... you nearly struck me down by dango!"

The bystanders giving them funny looks were waved away, if women of their status wished to play jokes, there was nothing for it but to ignore them.

Voice a little hoarse, she added, "Have mercy on an old woman, Seppun-sama, I'm fragile."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:06 pm 

Horonigai widens her eyes at the effect it took. Slightly worried as Chihaya gasps.

"Gomen, gomen, ne!" She realizes the scene they were causing and slowly turns her back to the passerbyers.

Then, she scoffs at the ridiculous comment, refuting it, "Nani? Fragile? I've seen those abs of yours. You're all fed on yams."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:40 pm 

With another cough, she cleared her throat, and then replied, "Ah, Yams grew me up strong, yes, but here in this land, bereft of the the sustenance of my people, I've grown frail and faint."

She placed a hand against her brow, the effect somewhat ruined by the dango skewer with two dumplings still impaled upon it, as she concluded, dramatically, "Why, I feel my Doji blood... it's urging me to faint onto the nearest futon."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:05 am 

"Oh, Kami!, it's a curse. The Doji blood within me is getting affected, too." Horonigai puts a backhand over her forehead and rolls eyes up. The other hand she waves as with a fan. First on her, then on Chihaya.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:19 am 

With a laugh, Chihaya shook her head.

"You almost could pull off such an act. Better than me, at least."

Rubbing her neck, she added, "Whoever heard of a one-eyed doji maiden, covered in scars?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:33 am 

"Well. Watch what you say, you can always get married into the Doji, ne?" The younger girl giggles, and then blinks.

"Eto. Shutsurei shimasu, ne? I didn't want to offend. Is Suzume-san married?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:48 am 

"Hai, though in my case, I brought a Crane into the Sparrow."

She brushed back her short, married woman hair, and added, "Suzume Hahou, is his name, and he works with the Jade office, which keeps him quite busy... We have twins."

That brought a pang, as she wondered if her children would ever know their mother in person... if by the time she got home, they would even want to see her.

"I've not been able to see them since they were born. I pray that they remain in good health.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:21 am 

"Oh."

Horonigai saddens inwardly, but fights so that it doesn't transpire. "Twins! That's a very good sign, Suzume-san. I'm so happy for you. They have one another to count on when they grow."

The Seppun finds strength to glee up a bit, thinking of being a mother. "You're an example. Truly. Dutiful, strong, relentless, kind of funny. Mother of twins!"

Horonigai makes the victory sign for the number two, and gives a tiny wink.

Then, she nods with a smirk, "You just made my confidence grow more over the benefits of eating yam regularly."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:00 am 

"Ah, did you ever doubt?"

Chihaya smiled, and if she noticed any inward sadness in the Imperial, she didn't show it.

"The yam is a fine food - a fine pairing with rice and sauce. Some day, if we get through this, perhaps I will let you try my mother's friend rice recipe, I can't make it as well as she, but it's still pretty good. Even Ha-Kun... I mean... Hahou-san, didn't mind it."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:05 am 

"Hai! Suzume-san is honor bound to cook me that family recipe. No perhaps, samurai. If we get through this, you cook. I eat."

She raises an eyebrow to seal up the deed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:15 am 

"If lady Seppun commands, I shall obey."

Clasping her hands together, she bowed in an faux formal bow.

"It would be my honor."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:23 am 

"As well as mine!"

She takes her bowl in hand and waves forward. "Thanks for sharing the meal. Hope to share it again soon."

Horonigai bows farewell and goes back to where she was to return the bowl.

/Exit