It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: That Was Stressful [Day 3, Early Evening, Open]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:54 am 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:

"Hai, the lands of the Doji were particularly memorable. Their gardens are exquisite." She turned to look more closely at the other woman.

"You are impressively well-traveled Akodo-san. And you were an Asako? I have not encountered many of your former family, however I met Asako Kashiwagi-sama earlier today. He painted my portrait, it was rather good." She smiled warmly.

"I must admit that have seen rather enough of the sea. I appreciate it's beauty, but prefer to do so from afar." Raising herself up a bit more she reached for her right shoulder. There was a knotted muscle there and it was taking effort to work out the kinks.

The new arrival received a nod and a polite smile.

That old Kashiwagi... he drew her too? He made it seem all special like he drew me. Maybe I was just practice? I’ll get him...

“So you met the legend Asako Kashiwagi... He everything the stories say?” She asked with a smirk.

Taking notice of Tetsuko’s further discomfort she finally did ask, “I’ve got some experience with muscle pain relief... would you like some help?”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 am 

Akodo Ren wrote:
“So you met the legend Asako Kashiwagi... He everything the stories say?” She asked with a smirk.

Nani? Matte yo! Horonigai acute senses detect something odd happening in the other chat. She rewinds time in her head to record what transpired moments ago. In a flashback, she sees the Crane maiden saying:

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
"I met Asako Kashiwagi-sama earlier today. He painted my portrait, it was rather good." She smiled warmly.

"...Kashiwagi-sama earlier today. He painted my portrait..."

"...my portrait..."

Suddenly, her left eyebrow twitches.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Last edited by Seppun Horonigai on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:10 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi noticed his brother's querying glance, and raised it with his own slow eyebrow raise, faint smile only Yukinaga would recognize, and a nod of acknowledgment. "Crowded indeed, but unsurprising, given that we won't have much opportunity for such luxuries for a while. How go your preparations, dear brother?"

Nagiko, being the second most experienced in Degarashi's demeanor of those present, might notice the mild tension in the elder brother that caused his hand to casually brush past her own beneath the water.

"True enough and my own reasons for being here, I am all packed and ready to move out once these water leech some of the stress and tiredness from my muscles. I thought about sleeping before the march but was too afraid my aches might take hold firmly if I did that." He replied.

Yukinaga noticed Degarashi's tension everytime they interacted as of late even if it was subtle even he could learn the signs over the years. He made no comment of it though, if his brother had issue with him then certainly he could come to him about it.

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"...hot. Hai." The Seppun looks back to the water and bows to Yukinaga, "Konbanwa, Bayushi Yukinaga-san."

"Goodd evening Seppun-sama. I am glad to see you made it through the events of today well." He said with a small smile.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

Last edited by Bayushi Yukinaga on Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:26 am 

Inu! Inu! She fumes inwardly. Connecting the dots, she assumes that Kashiwagi was painting out portraits to all the young woman around town he had an interest on.

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"Goodd evening Seppun-sama. I am glad to see you made it through the events of today well." He said with a small smile.

"Un!" She replies rather cold to him, and realizes a bit too late he didn't deserve that treatment. She corrects with a, "Ne. Bayushi-san. I am also glad you are well. How has it being?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:31 am 

Nagiko did felt Bayushi's hand touching her own below the waters and opened her eyes. '' Hmmm?...'' She turned to look what was happening, as for a moment she thought that he was doing something, let's say,inappropriate for rokugani standards. Not hers of course...

Noticing that he was not looking at her, then she noticed the arrival of another Bayushi which seems to be Degarashi's brother. Now the whole thing clicked in her head.

This other Bayushi was a more attractive version of Degarashi. Was it as interesting as him though?

Nagiko rose up, naked, and bowed to the new arrival. She didn't really care if someone looked at her '' Konbanwa, Bayushi-san. I hope that the fortunes have blessed you today...'' and then she entered once more into the waters right next to Degarashi.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:39 am 

Degarashi's playful demeanor seemed to be completely gone, replaced with a stale neutrality despite the closest of his company. To further the strange behavior, when Nagiko resumed her position beside him in the baths, he found and held onto her little finger, and the tension seemed to ease just a tiny bit. A million things were crashing through his mind all at once, and he only allowed her, even above his brother, any insight into what lay behind the mask he wore as his face.

Glancing almost woodenly at Horonigai, he tilted his head. "One hopes Nikesake has a measure of warmth. This winter chill has already targeted the city we're in once. I should be quite bothered if it followed us in our evacuation."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:34 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Un!" She replies rather cold to him, and realizes a bit too late he didn't deserve that treatment. She corrects with a, "Ne. Bayushi-san. I am also glad you are well. How has it being?"

He sighed deeply and relaxed against the side of the Onsen "It has been a...trying day Seppun-sama but one must keep their spirits up in times like this."

Nagiko wrote:

Nagiko rose up, naked, and bowed to the new arrival. She didn't really care if someone looked at her '' Konbanwa, Bayushi-san. I hope that the fortunes have blessed you today...'' and then she entered once more into the waters right next to Degarashi.

He merely bowed from a seated position back to the mantis well this one certainly enjoys showing off, is it for the attention or just cultural differences? he mused to himself "Good evening I did not catch your name. My brother is certainly blessed by Benten to find himself in such lovely company this evening." He made the comment broadly rather than just to Nagiko.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:47 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi's playful demeanor seemed to be completely gone, replaced with a stale neutrality despite the closest of his company. To further the strange behavior, when Nagiko resumed her position beside him in the baths, he found and held onto her little finger, and the tension seemed to ease just a tiny bit. A million things were crashing through his mind all at once, and he only allowed her, even above his brother, any insight into what lay behind the mask he wore as his face.

Nagiko doesn't seem to bother with that underwater, 'misdemeanor', from Degarashi. In fact she just smile during the whole time.

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"Good evening I did not catch your name...

'' Oh right, it is Nagiko, Bayushi-sama. From the Islands of Spice and Silk. Forgive my lack of manners...'' She adds.

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
My brother is certainly blessed by Benten to find himself in such lovely company this evening." He made the comment broadly rather than just to Nagiko.

'' Heh, you praise us to much, though if i might ask, are you in search of Romantic Love, Bayushi Yukinaga-sama?...'' Nagiko asked casually as she continues to smile. He was mentioning Benten and she was the fortune of romantic love...

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:57 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Glancing almost woodenly at Horonigai, he tilted his head. "One hopes Nikesake has a measure of warmth. This winter chill has already targeted the city we're in once. I should be quite bothered if it followed us in our evacuation."

"It should be spring, now, ne~!" She looks up to her umbrella, where the chilly rain drummed. "Not sure if it will be any different there. It is only a few days ahead. I hope so, though."

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"...My brother is certainly blessed by Benten to find himself in such lovely company this evening." He made the comment broadly rather than just to Nagiko.

Horonigai smiles kindly at mention of her blessing Fortune.

Nagiko wrote:
'' Heh, you praise us to much, though if i might ask, are you in search of Romantic Love, Bayushi Yukinaga-sama?...''

The Seppun looks surprised at Nagiko's bold attitude with certain appreciation. She tilts her head to Yukinaga, waiting for his reply rather curiously.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:03 am 

Yuki nodded along to the introduction "Well met Nagiko-San, no apologies are necesarry we are all here to relax not stress over pleasantries and introductions." He said with a smile.

To her question he shook his head "Oh no I search for no such thing." He replied simply but offered no further explanation.

"The island of silk and spice, I know little of them though I have met many mantis samurai but have not had much chance to converse with them about their home."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:12 am 

Degarashi wasn't entirely certain why Yukinaga had such a short answer, but he could guess. He hadn't personally met Kogyoku himself, but there were plenty of stories which made her sound stunning in a number of ways. That thought caused him to look at Horonigai, who was leaning towards Yukinaga, then to Nagiko, who was smirking at him.

With a sigh, he gently released Nagiko's finger, leaning back against the onsen wall. The hand which had been gripping so firmly was now held palm up, fingers splayed slightly.

It wasn't precisely an invitation, more a matter of Degarashi clearing the chill from between his knuckles.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:28 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
To her question he shook his head "Oh no I search for no such thing." He replied simply but offered no further explanation.

The Seppun blinks at the blunt answer, then looks to Degarashi, then back to Yukinaga. There was something there. Something odd. Something in the way their noses were kind of alike –– but not that much.

Then, enlightenment hits her, "Eeeeeeeehh! You're both brothers. Like, real brothers. I thought you greeted 'hey brother' as a cool Scorpion slang."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:52 am 

"Mm? Oh, yes." Degarashi lifted his hand, the one further from Nagiko, and gestured vaguely towards Yukinaga. "We are directly related by blood. Yukinaga-sama is my younger brother." He glanced to Horonigai. "Currently betrothed to Matsu Kogyoku, if that is what he means by not searching for Benten's favor. It's evident that he already has it."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:58 am 

"Un! I remember you mentioned Kougyoku, hai!" She says, while wondering if he really has it, though.

In any case, she asks the goddess blessings inwardly, producing a bright smile. Horonigai nods to Yukinaga, and wishes, "Ne, may Benten-no-kami bless your union, Bayushi-san~"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:00 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:

Nagiko just nods. There was no need to further inquiry about that topic. And also maybe since he was betrothed is could be that as well.

Although Romantic Love doesn't imply marriage. Not at all...

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"The island of silk and spice, I know little of them though I have met many mantis samurai but have not had much chance to converse with them about their home."

'' Hai. I have described them to Bayushi Degarashi-san here. Long story short, imagine volcanic islands covered in thick forests, humid and hot all year round, with dangerous plants and animals, but with gorgeous natural sights.'' She made a quick description. '' That is a somewhat approximation as how they look, Bayushi Yukinaga-sama.'' She said to him.

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Then, enlightenment hits her, "Eeeeeeeehh! You're both brothers. Like, real brothers. I thought you greeted 'hey brother' as a cool Scorpion slang."

And then came the, somewhat, excited expression coming from the Seppun Princess. Nagiko raised one eyebrow. The princess clearly did have some weird quirks. Like when she was observing her previously without saying anything, or now with her overexcitement.

Well, not that Nagiko judged her for that. Nagiko had her own weirdness as well. She continues to smile.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:27 pm 

Degarashi glanced between his brother and the young women present in the bath, noting that things were starting to feel a bit familiar all of a sudden. For now, though, he tried to focus on restoring what use he could to his legs prior to the inevitable evacuation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:30 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
That old Kashiwagi... he drew her too? He made it seem all special like he drew me. Maybe I was just practice? I’ll get him...

Taking notice of Tetsuko’s further discomfort she finally did ask, “I’ve got some experience with muscle pain relief... would you like some help?”

She pondered that for a while. "Hmm. I expected he would be taller." Perhaps she had not heard the tales of his madness, or was too polite to mention them.

At the suggestion of some help with her ache she smiled sweetly. "Thank you Akodo-san, that would be most welcome. I cannot quite reach it. I must have tweaked it slightly while shooting today."

She turned away from the Lion and did her best to indicate where the problem was. For a seemingly slight young woman her muscles suggested considerably more power than might be expected.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:33 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Un! I remember you mentioned Kougyoku, hai!" She says, while wondering if he really has it, though.

In any case, she asks the goddess blessings inwardly, producing a bright smile. Horonigai nods to Yukinaga, and wishes, "Ne, may Benten-no-kami bless your union, Bayushi-san~"

Yukinaga smiles and dips his head, he had not intended actually bringing up his betrothal but it could not be helped now. "Your words are kind Seppun-sama, I hope for the same but do my duty regardless of Benten-no-kami's blessing." Romantic love was wonderful but many a tale also speak of how dangerous it can be especially if it ever conflicts with ones duty.

Nagiko wrote:
'' Hai. I have described them to Bayushi Degarashi-san here. Long story short, imagine volcanic islands covered in thick forests, humid and hot all year round, with dangerous plants and animals, but with gorgeous natural sights.'' She made a quick description. '' That is a somewhat approximation as how they look, Bayushi Yukinaga-sama.'' She said to him.

"Ahh beautiful lands for beautiful people it seems though I hope you would not find it too bold for me to say you are far more beautiful than most mantis I have met." but just as shameless he finished in his head thinking of her repeated exposure. He attempted to deliver the words in a way that was complimentary without being flirtatious.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:00 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"Your words are kind Seppun-sama, I hope for the same but do my duty regardless of Benten-no-kami's blessing."

"Un!" She nods.

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"Ahh beautiful lands for beautiful people it seems though I hope you would not find it too bold for me to say you are far more beautiful than most mantis I have met."

What a gentleman. Guess it is Bayushi's blood. Horonigai thinks, and slowly drifts along the surface a bit, with an occasional glance to the other pair chatting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:02 am 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Akodo Ren wrote:
She pondered that for a while. "Hmm. I expected he would be taller." Perhaps she had not heard the tales of his madness, or was too polite to mention them.

At the suggestion of some help with her ache she smiled sweetly. "Thank you Akodo-san, that would be most welcome. I cannot quite reach it. I must have tweaked it slightly while shooting today."

She turned away from the Lion and did her best to indicate where the problem was. For a seemingly slight young woman her muscles suggested considerably more power than might be expected.

She slid over and took a quick look at the shoulders. Her hands came up and began feeling for common pressure points and locations that the humors would clump up and create imbalances.

"You certainly have the build of a capable yojimbo lady Daidoji." She said as her fingers began to meticulously find the knots.

"And I'm glad the humanity of Mister Kashiwagi still comes through. He's my cousin and we grew up together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next