It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:52 pm

Post subject: Re: [D3EM] Endurance
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 am 

Touki studied his opponent as she readied herself. In truth, something about the way she took that deep breath seemed as significant as the stance she took.

Taking his own deep breath, Touki lowered himself into a stance as well. While there was something unique about hers, his was pure Akodo, if a very competent form of it.

His face was stern as he gave her a nod. "Ready." He intoned.

---------------------------------------------------

D3EM, sword practice initiative: 5d10o10k3 16

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:26 am 

The exposed thighs distracted from the lion on her arm that suddenly shimmered in a motion that looked like a ferocious roar, and the Dragon warrior sprung into action. Her bare feet stepped into a swift light tread, similarly to how a flame would dance in the breeze.

There was almost something Lion-like in the clear accuracy of her strike, as the bokken tapped against Touki's wrist, leaving only a brief pain that would perhaps be a small bruise, but nothing permanent.

Her body swayed by Touki, already balanced and ready for another strike...

--------

D3 EM Sparring with Touki. Round 1. Kenjutsu/Agility (Lion Tattoo 2 ranks, TotVD: Agility). 2 raises called shot. TN 30: 10d10o10k4 40

2 points (first to 7 is the victor).

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:38 am 

Indeed, Touki had found his eyes drifting downwards just before Tsukimi started to move. They quickly flickered back up as she started to move, and Touki raised his guard, but too slowly. He winced at the tap. "Point." He acknowledged with a grunt, as well as a not-displeased grimace.

What a strange technique she has...

But he was fast, too, and his long practice sword had impressive range. Even as she turned, so did Touki, with a long cut across the middle. He managed to just barely slip her guard, precisely landing a gentle touch on the lowest point of her ribs on her side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D3EM, to the poke, Akodo 2 +6, called shot 1FR, Bishamon, 2 CR, TN30: 9d10o10k4+6 56

4 points I think???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:43 am 

It was a very good hit, Tsukimi acknowledged, her lips widening into a satisfactory smile. There was no shame in losing to someone better than you.

"Such fine technique, Akodo-san," she complimented him as she took a step back to find her balance again. Shifting the grip slightly, she went for a low cut to his ankle, but her opponent was just quick enough to avoid the hit and all she managed to connect with was air.

Even with the near-hit, she still seemed to be enjoying this match.

----

D3 EM Sparring with Touki. Round 2. Kenjutsu/Agility (Lion Tattoo 2 ranks, TotVD: Agility). 3 raises called shot. TN 35: 10d10o10k4 31

0 points this turn.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:56 am 

Touki smiled, just a little. This was the sort of thing he enjoyed, after all. "As is yours, Togashi-san." He said. "After this, you must tell me where you trained."

Her cut was good, and if it weren't for the need to move more slowly, it certainly would have landed, but Touki was just able to step back. His sword cut down along the path she'd swung, tapping one thigh, and then, staying under her guard, slid his blade across to tap the other.

---------------------------------------------------

D3EM, to the poke, Akodo 2 +6, called shot 1FR, Bishamon, 3 CR, TN35: 9d10o10k4+6 68
5 points, 9 total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:08 am 

She could feel the touch of the hard wood against her thighs, and she knew she had lost. But it had been a valuable defeat, having observed a very talented swordsman in action.

"Your blade is very fast," she remarked almost cheerfully, even if the match was over quicker than she had hoped for. "And thank you."

Stepping back, Tsukimi held the training weapon to her side and bowed. "I trained in the mountains, Akodo-san, but I had no dedicated teacher or dojo as such. Only those who had heard the call of the High House of Light, who taught me what they knew of swordfighting. The rest have been the teachers of the road and experience."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 am 

Touki, too, lowered his weapon, holding it with the point behind him. "And thank you, Togashi-san. It was an honor to face you." His monotone voice had a bit more energy in it than before.

"Hmmm." Touki said, studying her curiously, and mostly not her thighs. His eyes narrowed, as though squinting might allow him to better see her fighting spirit. "I see. Perhaps that is why your technique seems so unfamiliar to me." He gave her a respectful nod.

His expression grew curious. "Do you... serve in the Dragon armies, Togashi-san? I... don't quite understand what you do." The need to fit her in some sort of orderly role was a strong one, it seemed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:24 am 

"I serve where I am needed," she said as a matter-of-fact, even if it probably didn't help the poor Lion in trying to make sense of her monk-warrior-status. "If my Champion calls for me, I will be there, but most of the time it is the path of a Togashi to seek their own way in the world."

"But I have fought alongside my kin in the Mirumoto and Agasha families before."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 am 

While it did not let him find a proper slot for Tsukimi, Touki still nodded. "I, too, serve where I am needed." He said. "Or, at least where I am told." The comment made a thoughtful frown cross his features. Perhaps this was, after all, where he was needed...

"I met two of your fellow Dragon yesterday; an Agashi and a Mirumoto, in fact. It was an interesting discussion. Mirumoto Wasako-sama had many interesting insights." He paused a moment, considering. "I also understand that among your delegation is Togashi Iko, who was trained by a Kenku."