It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, Late Afternoon] Contemplation
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:39 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"My mother said much the same in her last letter, so it seems I should request it." Homura nodded "I don't know what the difference would be between a Crane court and a Scorpion court, but now I'm curious. Perhaps I'll even risk a Crab court."

"Well, as I said, I have never been that for south, in either case, so wherever you go, you will write me how it is, hai?" She smiled shyly. "Oh how I would love to hear all about different lands!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:58 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Well, as I said, I have never been that for south, in either case, so wherever you go, you will write me how it is, hai?" She smiled shyly. "Oh how I would love to hear all about different lands!"

"No matter where I go I'll write to you Poemu-sama. I'll be sure to describe in detail so you can live the court and the world around it through me, and I am quite descriptive in my storytelling as you know" Homura grinned "I heard that once the Scorpion set its own city on fire, so if that is an example of Scorpion hospitality I rather look forward to seeing what they are like."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:08 pm 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
He thought for a moment "There may be some clans I am more eager to face on the field of battle than others. But it is my ambition to do as much as i can, with greater station comes the opportunity to do more for the empire. To have more and more of a direct hand in its defence and that of my clan. Which soon enough will be the same as your clan."

"If your paramount ambition is to serve the Lion and the Empire, I couldn't be asking for more gallant a husband." Something stifled her breath in her chest for a moment, an emotion she wasn't accustomed to, but she halted her hand from touching her sternum and instead balled her fist, bowing her head while fighting with the lump in her throat. She was so profoundly moved by his sense of Duty that she just might shed a tear any moment!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:06 pm 

"But those dreams an ambitions are far away, for all I know I'll die to slaughter spirits defending this town tomorrow. Such is the life of a samurai. I must simply live my life the best I can while I can bringing as much glory to my clan and honor to myself as possible." He finished with a small smile nodding his head as if confirming to himself that was what was best.

"What of you Matsu-sama? What would you give for a dream." He said looking to his eyes again, they were so wonderfully dark he could see himself getting lost in them.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:27 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"No matter where I go I'll write to you Poemu-sama. I'll be sure to describe in detail so you can live the court and the world around it through me, and I am quite descriptive in my storytelling as you know" Homura grinned "I heard that once the Scorpion set its own city on fire, so if that is an example of Scorpion hospitality I rather look forward to seeing what they are like."

"They are the Emperor's servants, the same as any clan, so strange stories aside, I'm certain you'd have nothing but pleasant stories." She smiled with honest intent. "I would be honored to write you back, though I fear my own duty will be rather dull I imagine."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:44 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"They are the Emperor's servants, the same as any clan, so strange stories aside, I'm certain you'd have nothing but pleasant stories." She smiled with honest intent. "I would be honored to write you back, though I fear my own duty will be rather dull I imagine."

"Poemu-sama always sees the best in people doesn't she" Homura said with a chuckle "even the Scorpion. I hope the stories will be pleasant but interesting. Maybe I'll take up painting, bring the scenes to life. Your duty is no less dull or unimportant though. You seek to repair a rift between us, and that is admirable. It's something that interests me greatly in fact, and I will want to continue hearing the details so I can do my best to help."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:09 am 

She waved a hand with a light dismissiveness. "Iie iie, not interesting at all! Important of course, but I imagine most letters would be nothing more than 'had another meeting today'. Surely nowhere as interesting as traveling around and meeting new people all the time Homura-san."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:41 am 

"You speak as if the meetings cannot be interesting Poemu-sama. What happens is of interest to me if it brings our clans closer together. However If you think they won't be the most exciting, we could both take on a new art and share how that is progressing" Homura said with a curious look "see who's art is improving faster."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:14 am 

Poemu nodded firmly. "Ah, well, Shosuro Sara has offered to teach me some of her arts. So perhaps I will have something to speak of when I write. Ano... I believe we were going to start with origami..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:21 am 

"Origami? A lovely art to begin with. I have some knowledge on it, but not enough. That would be fun to learn. In time maybe you can even make me a little origami Lion?" Homura smiled at the woman "the letter could be one origami piece, that would be a unique way to receive mail!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"But those dreams an ambitions are far away, for all I know I'll die to slaughter spirits defending this town tomorrow. Such is the life of a samurai. I must simply live my life the best I can while I can bringing as much glory to my clan and honor to myself as possible." He finished with a small smile nodding his head as if confirming to himself that was what was best.

"What of you Matsu-sama? What would you give for a dream." He said looking to his eyes again, they were so wonderfully dark he could see himself getting lost in them.

She looked up at him, exposing a bit more of her mind and soul through the gaze, letting herself form an attachment to the expression of his eyes. "The truth is I don't dream big, Bayushi-san. What I give my all is the service to the Lion, and it's always here and now. I am not even attached to any particular vision of my Clan's future, for this is for my betters to decide upon. But if I relish a dream, it is one in which you and I are finally family." She paused, biting her lip slightly. "So that I can come to serve my Clan dutifully not just as a warrior and official, but also as a wife and mother."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:47 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Origami? A lovely art to begin with. I have some knowledge on it, but not enough. That would be fun to learn. In time maybe you can even make me a little origami Lion?" Homura smiled at the woman "the letter could be one origami piece, that would be a unique way to receive mail!"

"I am n-not certain how much practice and work that would take... but I could certainly give it a try." She gave a slight, sheepish smile. "An origami lion filled with boring notes... at least it's something!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:49 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I am n-not certain how much practice and work that would take... but I could certainly give it a try." She gave a slight, sheepish smile. "An origami lion filled with boring notes... at least it's something!"

"It does sound like a unique way to receive mail for sure. I'm quite sold on this idea now. I suppose I also need to learn Origami. Sending you a little Dragon origami holding a kemari ball in its mouth to explain the games of court that season?" Homura chuckled "it sounds cute, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 pm 

"That might be a touch fragile for such a long distance of travel." Poemu sighed softly before looking thoughtful. "...Perhaps an origami sunflower? The shape would likely better suit travel after all."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:38 pm 

"An origami sunflower, ne?" Homura said with a thoughtful look. "That would be easier than a Dragon. A Sunflower does suit you very well also. I'll have to practice that. Reading flowers would be fun, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:43 pm 

"I think it would be quite artistic indeed." Poemu nodded. "Ano... it is starting to get late Homura-san. Perhaps you could guide me back to the castle?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 am 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
She looked up at him, exposing a bit more of her mind and soul through the gaze, letting herself form an attachment to the expression of his eyes. "The truth is I don't dream big, Bayushi-san. What I give my all is the service to the Lion, and it's always here and now. I am not even attached to any particular vision of my Clan's future, for this is for my betters to decide upon. But if I relish a dream, it is one in which you and I are finally family." She paused, biting her lip slightly. "So that I can come to serve my Clan dutifully not just as a warrior and official, but also as a wife and mother."

Yukinaga could not hide the smile that kept to his face at her words "your commitment to duty is astounding Kogyoku-sama." He said and he reached out slowly to her slow enough that if she wished to pull back it would be easy to do so should she not his hand would wrap around her fingers holding hers gently

Whether or not he grabbed her hand he would say "I too am excited for the day that we become family." His voice was soft, he was clearly touched by her sentiment.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:29 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I think it would be quite artistic indeed." Poemu nodded. "Ano... it is starting to get late Homura-san. Perhaps you could guide me back to the castle?"

There was a smirk.

"Poemu-sama was so lost in the conversation she didn't notice that we'd reached the entrance to the garden! It's only a short walk back to the castle."

She looked thoughtful.

"Perhaps a story? Have you heard about the court that had a duck in attendance?"

(Shall we fade out to small talk?)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:19 am 

Quote:
Yukinaga could not hide the smile that kept to his face at her words "your commitment to duty is astounding Kogyoku-sama." He said and he reached out slowly to her slow enough that if she wished to pull back it would be easy to do so should she not his hand would wrap around her fingers holding hers gently

Whether or not he grabbed her hand he would say "I too am excited for the day that we become family." His voice was soft, he was clearly touched by her sentiment.

She got startled and allowed only a touch of the fingertips, slight and ephemeral, like fall of snowflakes. They were cool. "It's not proper here and now, Yukinaga-san." She murmured softly but firmly, meeting him halfway but also setting some boundaries. "But if by this you seek confirmation that I can be a tender wife, I believe you'll like the answer that comes in due time."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 am 

He did not look admonished or upset but smiled. "My apologies Kogyoku-sama, you are of course right about the time and place." He had an air of amusement about him but his tone was sincere. He would expect nothing less of the woman he had been speaking to, it was a lapse of judgement and mostly reflexive to seek her touch. He bowed his head briefly with the apology. "I sought nothing but your touch, it was a moment of weakness."

Theme Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next