It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The evacuation part 2 (D3 LN open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:04 pm 

I swear it's gotten colder...

Homura rubbed her arms. She could see her breath, and really wished she had more layers on than she already had. Images of Crane wearing 10 layer kimonos came to mind and she tried to imagine wearing one of those while they marched. She'd had some layers on under her armour and on top of it, and her umbrella kept most of the rain off her head, but the wind was something else.

She looked back at those walking. Some were falling back, but she was told to keep position as others tended to those people. Hopefully they would make it, she thought to herself.

Post subject: Re: The evacuation part 2 (D3 LN open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:35 pm 

As if from a dream, the image of the maiden wearing a 10 layer kimono is made true. Although not entirely Crane. Horonigai comes near Homura and offers one of the many extra fancy warm kimonos she took while in Toshi no Omodoiso.

"Konbanwa, Ikoma-san. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~" Horonigai extends the folded cloth with both hands and a bow.

"Douzo."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:09 pm 

The tall nun had what seemed like an equally tall pack on her back, her naginada blade was sheathed but she carried the weapon in hand.

She moved among the people, offering help and words of encouragement. Nodding in greeting to those she knows among the mass of people moving slowly through the night.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:14 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
As if from a dream, the image of the maiden wearing a 10 layer kimono is made true. Although not entirely Crane. Horonigai comes near Homura and offers one of the many extra fancy warm kimonos she took while in Toshi no Omodoiso.

"Konbanwa, Ikoma-san. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~" Horonigai extends the folded cloth with both hands and a bow.

"Douzo."

This is it. I've died. The very soul of Doji herself has come to collect me.

Homura started at the woman, her gaze a little distant until snapped to attention by the voice that came with the vision.

"Eh?"

Blink blink.

"O-oh! Seppun-sama!" Homura bowed deeply "a-ano...I couldn't accept one of your kimonos, it would be rude of me to take from you as I'm sure you need it still."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:30 pm 

The Phoenix hero was here and gave a nod to the nun,he heard she had fought bravely. Guess that deserved some recognition.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:47 pm 

Kayou nodded back, her pack made it impossible to bow, and she continued with the tasks of keeping everything moving.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:48 pm 

Kayou wrote:
She moved among the people, offering help and words of encouragement. Nodding in greeting to those she knows among the mass of people moving slowly through the night.

Horonigai notices the famous nun passing by with a smile, but concentrates on Homura since they locked in the gift-giving ceremony of doom.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"O-oh! Seppun-sama!" Homura bowed deeply "a-ano...I couldn't accept one of your kimonos, it would be rude of me to take from you as I'm sure you need it still."

"Ara, ara," The Seppun exclaims, "I've gratefully received these from the stores at Toshi no Omodoiso. They have been crafted by Lion. Without doubt they should be honored with a Lion wearing them. Douzo." She gently offers again.

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
The Phoenix hero was here and gave a nod to the nun,he heard she had fought bravely. Guess that deserved some recognition.

She breathes a little faster, for some odd reason, "I am already very warm, nevertheless."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:05 pm 

Kashiwagi was oblivious to the heat he was causing but he was a child of fire, a tensai, and he burned hotter than most. it must have been a trick of the light and rain but he did seem to steam in the elements as he stayed alert as the train of refugees continued their march.

His only hope was that they have saved enough people and the people they left behind would survive these events and had not been left to die, not that he minded, or cared but it would seem unseemly to just leave others to die in their stead.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Ara, ara," The Seppun exclaims, "I've gratefully received these from the stores at Toshi no Omodoiso. They have been crafted by Lion. Without doubt they should be honored with a Lion wearing them. Douzo." She gently offers again.

"Seppun-sama is a paragon of kindness and Compassion, truly an example that all samurai should aspire to be like. However, there are many here that are suffering and cold, and I'm sure they need the assistance more than I do" Homura offered as her second refusal. She was freezing, and wanted to grab the clothes...or the likely very warm Seppun. However, she had to hold off for a little longer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:15 pm 

Loving the compliments, but not particularly the ceremony, Horonigai simply rolls her eyes up, and then offers the extra warm clothes once more. "Enough. Take this. We can't lose a great defender such as yourself to the cold out of pleasantries, ne! Douzo!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:34 pm 

A determined looking figure moves through the line of those walking, eyeing those she passes that are Lion samurai. She seems to be looking for someone.

Run by GM "Here We Go" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:36 pm 

Matsu Misaki wrote:
A determined looking figure moves through the line of those walking, eyeing those she passes that are Lion samurai. She seems to be looking for someone.

"Lion, can I assist you," he said in a military clip tone. "You seem to be searching for someone."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:43 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Matsu Misaki wrote:

"Lion, can I assist you," he said in a military clip tone. "You seem to be searching for someone."

She looks at the man, takes it in, and realizes who he is.

"I am, yes. Someone dear to me is on this walk, and I wish to make sure she is okay. Her name is Ikoma Homura. She distinguished herself in battle earlier today."

You can see she has a certain pride at saying those words. She is proud of her... friend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 pm 

"I see," he said scanning the people and then gestured, "Over there with the Seppun, trying to keep warm I gather."

"Best of luck to you both, and I am gladdened that hope can blossom on this journey."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"I see," he said scanning the people and then gestured, "Over there with the Seppun, trying to keep warm I gather."

"Best of luck to you both, and I am gladdened that hope can blossom on this journey."

She bows to you with genuine respect and thanks.

"See her. Thank you so much, Asako-sama."

She goes striding off toward Homura.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:58 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Loving the compliments, but not particularly the ceremony, Horonigai simply rolls her eyes up, and then offers the extra warm clothes once more. "Enough. Take this. We can't lose a great defender such as yourself to the cold out of pleasantries, ne! Douzo!"

Homura accepted the greatest gift in the history of gift giving with a warm smile and a bow. "You are far too kind to me Seppun-sama. It warms my heart that you care so much."

She puts on the clothes, making sure to free her weapons so they could be tied over the clothes.

"You even picked out the perfect size. Truly the talents of the Miharu are incomparable if you can tell which ones would fit a person so easily. If I can be of assistance to you, please let me know my dear friend. I am also thankful that you have come through the battle unscathed, not that for a moment I doubted you would struggle. I'm just glad I was able to serve after only learning how to use a bow earlier today."

So focused on the Imperial, she didn't notice the approaching Matsu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:00 pm 

"Homura-san!" the Matsu loudly called as she neared... probably a bit louder than was necessary. "It has been too many years! The last time we fought still lingers in my brain."

She is much like the Misaki you remember, though a bit older and... more grizzled.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:37 pm 

I don't know but I've been told.....
I don't know but I've been told....
Phoenix pussy is mighty cold....
Phoenix pussy is mighty cold.....
Sound off
One, two
Sound off
Three, four
Sound off
One, two, three, four, one, two-three, four!

Oh the things Aya thought about while trudging through the night.....

(pm if approached)

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:58 pm 

Matsu Misaki wrote:
"Homura-san!" the Matsu loudly called as she neared... probably a bit louder than was necessary. "It has been too many years! The last time we fought still lingers in my brain."

Horonigai slowly turns to check who's interrupting them with, then takes a step back.

Old friends, how nice. She thinks, not really paying attention to the loudness which she was accustomed herself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:03 pm 

Kodama walks methodically alongside a cart being pulled by other monks, a carefully filled pack upon his back.

Preserving this wisdom could easily be why he'd been led to that Temple. A tidy little thing for an Oracle to organize, if so.

He plods on and on, the sound of the cart's wheels on the road almost melodic.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next