It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:20 pm

Post subject: Difficult Choices (Day 3, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:37 pm 

(Expecting)

Chinatsu stood in her room, everything else had been packed for her trip except for two items, two splendid and extravagant kimonos that she had worn for winter court this season. Chinatsu was staring at them the same way a general deciding which unit he is going to describe to secure a retreat would. In her focus, the Matsu had forgotten to close the door to her room.

Carries: Fan, Ink brush and paper, wakizashi, umbrella (on particularly sunny days), bag with some money

Post subject: Re: Difficult Choices (Day 3, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:59 pm 

Horonigai had almost everything ready downstairs to get moving. The only thing she forgot was, of course, the most important one: the letter to the Imperial Matchmaker.

She returns to her room, secures Suzume's Jento sealed letter within her traveling kimono, and, while heading back down, something colorful catches her eyes within someone else's room.

Horonigai can't help but to peek, leaning herself over the wall. "Kawaaiiiii~," she shighs in a very low tune –– which is loud enough for her to get noticed.

The Imperial princess widens her eyes at her own noise, and tries to flee in the best fashion she can.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:10 pm 

Chinatsu perked up at the noise and turned just in time to see the imperial princess disappear around the corner. "Seppun-sama, is that you?" She calls out to the woman.

Carries: Fan, Ink brush and paper, wakizashi, umbrella (on particularly sunny days), bag with some money

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:16 pm 

"Eto..."

She remains invisibly silent for a moment, deciding how to reply.

"Hai!"

Horonigais says, still not visible.

"Konbanwa. Ne? Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~"

Rewinding her steps, the flustered Imperial reappears and provides a bow.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 pm 

Was I ever that perky? Chinatsu thinks to herself, probably not. she concludes. Still, the girl's apparent appreciation of Chinatsu's wardrobe got a rare smile out of the Matsu.

"Please, come in. I've just about finished packing, but have run into a small problem, I only have enough space for one of these outfits." Chinatsu waved to them with her left arm, encouraging Horonigai to inspect them for herself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:09 pm 

Yosh!

She cheers inwardly and takes a deep breath, filling her chest wide. "Ne. Matsu-san, I am honored you would like my advice."

The Seppun enters the Lioness room and carefully observes the outfits at display, trying to pinpoint the qualities and flaws on each. "Eto..."

Horonigai takes another good look at Chinatsu and taps her chin with a pursed smile on her lips. "Matsu-san has preference for casual elegance, or dashing appearances?"

She mentions, "Nikesake is the northern door to the Imperial City. As news reach the town, many samurai will muster there. Including the Imperial Legions."

"Shitsurei shimasu," the Imperial asks, trying to avoid any offense –– but not putting too much effort, "is Matsu-san engaged or married?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:34 pm 

By all appearances, she had covered her bases as Horonigai suggested. The first was a more dramatic piece in red and gold and perhaps not the warmest for winter weather. The other was more subdued with whites and blue and looked at least a little warmer for winter.

"I am married, Seppun-sama," she couldn't help but to tease a little. "But I take it by your blushing at Bayushi-sama yesterday that you are not?" She smiled at the girl and quirked an eyebrow up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:17 pm 

"Eeeeehhh!!" Surprised with the audacity, the Seppun cocks her head back and covers her face not to strike Chinatsu with the surge of redness conquering Horonigai's cheeks.

"I-iie. Chigau, chigau!" She shakes her head negatively, giving further context, "I-Iam not yet married. But I am betrothed, Matsu-san~. Don't be mean to me. It was a spar."

The Seppun nearly pouts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:41 pm 

Chinatsu laughed at that. "Sumimasen, Seppun-sama. I pray the Fortunes bless your impending marriage." She bowed to the younger woman again. More blessed than most anyway. She thought to herself.

She turned back to the clothes now, extending her left arm to play with the sleeve of one. "I quite liked both of these, this winter, though I didn't get many chances to wear that one." She gestures to the red one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:36 am 

Horonigai bows as well, replying gratefully, "Arigatou gozaimasu~"

Getting their eyes back to the dresses, the Seppun adds, "Although warmer, it is heavier. The light colored one. Certainly the best pick for Court sessions during winter time. The vivid one is lighter, which can become handy to take along in the trip. Also, it brightens the atmosphere of those around. We need even more of that from the honorable Lion when we get to Nikesake."

Horonigai takes the sleeve of the other dress in her hand, feeling its fabric. "But, it would be a great discredit to the tailor, ne~. Such a beautiful piece. It is a difficult decision, indeed."

The Seppun bites her cheek, trying to come up with a good argument.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:52 am 

"And there is no promise that the weather will not keep doing what it has been doing so far." Chinatsu also pointed out. "Which would make the heavier clothes work slightly better." The Matsu paused in consideration. "Though I suppose I won't be walking around admiring gardens very much in the coming weeks." She smirked at that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:00 am 

"Matsu-san has other assessories she likes to use?" Horonigai asks, adding, "It is always better to have a great match."

She winks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:06 am 

Chinatsu paused at that, glancing at a large case that had been packed already. Oh, fine.

Nodding a bit she moved over to the case and deftly unlocked and opened it with her one hand, and slid out a slender and ornately decorated wooden box, handing it over to the Seppun. "Hair accessories, mostly pins of course."

While Horonigai got to that she pulled out a second wooden box and set it down on her lap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:14 am 

Horonigai sits in seiza and begins inspecting the items one by one. Occasionally, she takes one, extends her arm toward one of the dresses with the kanzashi in hand to check color nuance, and then moves her arm over to aim at Chinatsu's head.

The ones matching, she laid out in front of her, while the others, she neatly placed back in the box. She mentions, "Gold to the vivid dress. Pale wood and silver to the light winter dress. The wooden and the black laqcuered kanzashi also match your hair quite beautifully, I would say."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:45 pm 

Chinatsu nodded in agreement with the assessment, then reached out for one of the pins. Grabbing a pin that was black lacquered with a more plain top, a bronze hummingbird with just enough patina of green to emphasize the grooves of the workmanship. She slid the pin into her hair, creating the effect of it looking like the hummingbird was floating near her hair when viewed at the right angle.

"Nice, neh? This is one of my favorites." She commented, turning her head to show it off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:51 pm 

"Kirei~" Horonigai compliments the Matsu. "I am inclided to say you have to match the bronze with the fiery dress. That doesn't match with the tranquility of the white set. A hummingbird is active and vivid."

The Seppun looks up to the white dress and shrugs. "What a pity, have to leave this one here."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:38 pm 

Chinatsu nodded her agreement and looked back to the white piece. "Hai, it is." She paused, getting to her feet and moving over to the white set. "I would offer to let you have it, but." She lifted the right sleeve with her one hand, revealing that it was a false sleeve, with only enough space in it for what remained of her right arm, the rest was meant to be tucked nicely into her obi, allowing for her to find a nice balance between acknowledging her disfigurement without calling attention to it.

"I suppose you could always get a tailor to remake the sleeve though." She commented, glancing back at the Seppun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:47 pm 

"Me have, it?" Horonigai points to herself and waves her head negatively, "U-Un. Matsu-san. The opposite. I think you should have it, regardless. Let's get both to Nikesake."

She shrugs. "Ne, the Governor was too kind with me, and, I actually do have a pony for the trip. If we can pack that up neatly, I can wear my heaviest Junitohoe atop of the horse, and make room. In any way, I won't bring the armor I've... borrowed. I can probably get another set at Nikesake."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:54 am 

Chinatsu stared at the girl as though she was insane for suggesting leaving her armor behind. "Absolutely not. No outfit is worth more than armor in a war, Seppun-sama, and we do not know what we will find at Nikesake."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:11 am 

"Eto."

Horonigai was about to raise a finger to that, and the finger stops midway.

"You're right." She says while pouting for real and looking at the dress.

"If we find enemies while we march, I must be prepared."