It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 pm

Post subject: (D2, LM) Tea Talk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:53 pm 

The day outside was quite chilly, and the snow made moving around difficult at best. Poemu had returned to her room after her prayers for a chance to dry off, but eventually she found her way to the court room. Ordering some tea and a brazier for warmth, she enjoyed the additional chance for drying and warming.

There were a few others in the room, in their own corners softly whispering, but Poemu kept an open table.

Post subject: Re: (D2, LM) Tea Talk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:10 pm 

Chiyo, for her part, was shivering when she stepped in to the court room. The sudden snow had caught her off-guard. Or perhaps she was still grappling with conversations from the previous night. Or maybe she was just worried about Murasaki and Isoshi...

She shook her concerns from her head. At a minimum Toshi no Omoidasu stood in the way of the Imperial City. She would know when to send word home.

So yes...maybe she really was just cold.

She stood, shaking slightly in a pale green kimono as she acclimated to the room.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:13 pm 

Seeing someone enter, Poemu was surprised to the the colors and mon of the Seppun. She had seen Horonagai of course, but she must have missed the presence of a second Imperial in the city. Just loud enough to be heard, Poemu gave a, "Seppun-sama, over here. Please, warm yourself with some tea and a fire," before she bowed and waited standing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm 

Hearing herself called, Chiyo complied and approached the Dragon.

"Agasha-sama," she said with a bow, "Thank you for the invitation. I sometimes forget that winter has long fingers and a tendency to linger in these northern regions. Perhaps some day that will settle in - if I am lucky it will be before I retire," she said, smiling in thanks as she took the proffered seat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm 

Poemu sat and motioned for Chiyo to do the same if she wished. "The snows continue well into the spring in Agasha lands, and are all year round on the peaks, so this is nothing new to me. If anything, it brings a touch of nostalgia."

She poured a cup of tea for Chiyo, speaking as she did so. "This one is Agasha Poemu, senior diplomat from my clan to the Lion. It is wonderful to see another Seppun here in Toshi no Omoidoso. This one was trained by the Miya, so has had opportunity to converse with many Seppun in her time, let alone the opportunity while she was at Morikage Toshi."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34 pm 

Chiyo smiled. She did enjoy the company of the Agasha

"I find myself fortuitous then, as your family was kind enough to host me for the winter," she said, bowing again to emphasize her gratitude, "I have only just come down from the mountains to return to the Imperial City.

"And now it would seem that whenever I have need, the Agasha are willing to offer me succor," she replied, taking the tea and pouring a cup for Poemu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm 

"Of course Seppun-sama. The hospitality of the Dragon, and my family, are ever yours." She gave a small seated bow before taking a sip of tea and looking curious.

"So you were at the winter court my family hosted? I fear I am not so good with mons that I can recognize you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:05 pm 

Chiyo chuckled softly.

"I should not expect you to, Agasha-sama. This one is Seppun Chiyo, currently in service to the Jade Office."

"Years ago I became acquainted with the late Agasha Aotu, may he rest in Yomi," she said, "A very different visit, when those in attendance, myself included, were very different people."

As she continues, her face becomes somewhat solemn, "His daughter and I became fast friends."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:11 pm 

"Ah, yes. I had only met him once, but Agasha Aotu-dono was truly a great man. I never met his daughter I am saddened to say, but if she is his daughter, she can be no less great."

Poemu paused. "...Was Seppun-sama there in service to the Imperial families then?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 am 

"She was paragon of a samurai, rest assured," Chiyo said, smiling as she thought of her old friend.

"I am sad we did not cross paths at Kyuden Agasha, but makes sense. I was holed up in the library for much of my stay. I assume you were in court most day, Agasha-sama?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 am 

The Agasha girl looked a bit bashful at that a moment. "Ah, iie. I was not at that winter court I fear, I must have made the wrong impression. I believe I was still in Miya lands training at the time. Not that I haven't been there before... It is quite a nice library, hai?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:56 am 

"One of the better that I have encountered in my travels. I hear the Phoenix have the most extensive at Kyuden Isawa, but I have yet to explore it. The Ikoma, of course, keep many histories in their own. It all depends on what the study is. The Agasha library is what one might call esoteric," she said.

"I have not spent much time in Miya lands myself, though I hear they have a natural beauty to them. You do your ancestors a credit, Agasha-sama. Securing an invitation to train with the Miya cannot have been an easy task," she said, bowing slightly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 pm 

Poemu waved away the bow with a bashful dismissal. "My father used to be a Seppun before he married my mother, and my aunt, seeing my skill in diplomacy, arranged the matter with him. My clan lacks what one would call a courtier school, and since I lacked the ability to talk to the kami, it made sense."

After a moment she warmed, a sip of tea helping. "Ah! But if you enjoy libraries Seppun-sama, and have never been to Miya lands, they have what is claimed to be the third largest library in the Empire, after the Phoenix and the Ikoma. Some consider it quite dry, mostly records, but it is large enough that most can find something of interest."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:09 am 

""Ahh - I was brought to the Seppun by my husband, Seppun Isoshi of the miharu. I know that the Tonbo recently joined the Dragon. I know they are skilled envoys so I expect the Dragon will soon find themselves with very capable courtiers," she said pleasantly.

"I have not had an opportunity to seek out the Miya libraries but perhaps I will make a stop on my return trip home...assuming of course that there is a return trip," she said, frowning ever so slightly.

"You were heading north, to rejoin your family when you arrived?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:58 pm 

Poemu shook her head softly. "Iie. This one is a senior diplomat from the Dragon to the Lion, and I was to stay in Morikage Toshi even after winter court. After all, one needs contact all year long for many reasons. Though the Tonbo are indeed skilled in the courts, it was decided it would be best if someone from another family would be best to represent our interests with the Lion."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:56 pm 

"Ahh, yes..." Chiyo returned, "That would seem...prudent."

"Are you acquainted with Shimizu-sama then, given your time here?" she asked as she refilled Poemu's tea.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:57 pm 

Poemu looked to Chiyo curiously. "I've met a few Shimizo, hai. You had one in mind?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:02 am 

The blush rose immediately to Chiyo's face as she shook her head in apology.

"Hai - indeed. Forgive me, I meant the governor. I was wondering if you could give me any insight into how he might handle the present...situation."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:35 pm 

"Ah." Poemu gave a small thoughtful nod before speak. "Eto... I believe this is called Omoidasu Province? Unfortunately, I was stationed in Bachitari province, so I haven't had a chance to meet Shimizo-dono. I don't believe he was at the Imperial Court at least."

She paused. "...Still, if he is anything like the rest of his family, I can only imagine he would do all he could to make certain the city was secure and that all the people within were safe as could be. I have seen no less from the Shimizu for honor and dedication than any of the other Lion families."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 pm 

Realization spread across Chiyo's face.

"You were there then?" she asked, the compliment paid to the governor lost in her shock as she realized a primary source might be at hand.