It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Breath Before we March (Day 3, EE, Homura/Tani's room)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:15 pm 

"D-during the war, hai." She flushed with embarrassment. Putting two and two together. She felt, honestly, pretty stupid. "And what Homura-san is suggesting is that she would have interest in such a thing?"

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:30 pm 

You make this seem so serious...

"Tani-chan" Homura reached over, placing a hand on the Matsu womans "you're overthinking. What do you want? What interests you? I can tell you what I would be interested in, but I would never wish to push you in a direction you are unsure or uncomfortable with. I care and admire you too much for that.""

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:32 pm 

Tani closed her eyes. Took a moment to breathe. To calm herself. Her hand turned upwards to take Homura's in it. "I apologize. I am certain that I have been frustrating to deal with in many ways." She laughed an easy laugh as her eyes open. "I think I would be interested, yes. A final new experience before we consign ourselves to death... or worse."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:48 pm 

There was a chuckle, and Homura smiled.

"Not at all Tani-chan. I have said it many times but it is no less true that I look upon you as inspiration. I'm not a strong woman, nor am I a great warrior. I lead through flowery words with brief interludes of steel. I imagine you are more used to the more direct approach to life, ne?"

She gave Tani's hand a gentle squeeze.

"However, now we're on the same page, we can enjoy this more."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:02 pm 

"The easiest path is the one in front of me," she answered with a smirk. She pulled Homura closer, wrapping her free hand around the woman's waist. "Well. Now I suppose is my chance to make up for being sillier than a Sparrow tale."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:09 pm 

Homura laughed at that, noting again how easily she got pulled around. She wrapped her arms round Tani's neck, smiling at her.

I really need to be stronger physically if I keep getting myself into these situations

"Oh Tani-chan, nothing is sillier than a Sparrow tale. We likely shouldn't indulge too heavily when there is fighting still around though. Still, there's always...."

She pushed forward to place a brief gentle kiss on Tani's lips.

"...That."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:11 pm 

Tani flushed at the kiss. It was... nicer than expected. Very surprising. She leaned in closer and pressed a deeper kiss into Homura, longer and with a bit more passion than the first gentle one.

As she pulled away, she smirked. "A fair warning if we are able to enjoy each other more properly. I AM still a Matsu, even if more sensible than many of my Sisters."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:18 pm 

I shouldn't mention my experiences with Matsu women then...

Homura, caught a little breathless by the deeper kiss, took a moment before speaking.

"As long as you keep all bruises to easily hidden areas I can accept that Tani-chan" she returned the smirk with one of her own "we will see what the days bring us, ne? I look forward to them more now than I did before at least."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:21 pm 

"Fortunes willing, we will arrive in Nikesake enough ahead of the army to at least get one night to ourselves," she mused, pecking Homura's lips again. "For now, at least, I think snuggling here is acceptable, at least until we must move. I'm not exactly eager to do that right now."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:30 pm 

"You throw yourself into everything with the same vigor don't you Tani-chan" Homura stroked idly along the girls back "while I would happily remain here, as it's extremely warm, there is poorly prepared tea getting slightly colder by the minute."

She rested her head on Tani's shoulder, closing her eyes.

"After a few minutes it might be cold."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:36 pm 

"There is one way to live, and that is at full speed." She nodded calmly. She adjusted them carefully so she could grab Homura's tea and hand it to her, then grab her own. "Always move forward. Don't waste time looking back. That is how I was taught to live."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:29 pm 

"I prefer to live in the moment" Homura accepted the cup with a nod, taking a small sip of tea "if you live at full speed, you may fly past moments that were better to experience slowly" she snuck a kiss onto Tani's cheek as if to emphasize a point "it is the same in battle, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:45 pm 

"Maybe, she laughed, leaning into that kiss. "I've never been good at moving slow. And the thought of pending death doesn't exactly make me eager to slow down more." She turned, pecked Homura on the lips. "But at least as far as we're concerned. I'll give it a try."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:06 pm 

"Surely if you knew your pending death was coming, slowing down would allow you to take the time to enjoy the moments you had left, rather than race to that eventual conclusion?" Homura pointed out with a smirk "there are certainly reasons to rush ahead though, such as this long and very cold walk ahead of us. I'd rather rush ahead of that one."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:08 pm 

"Yes, let's do that one quickly." She laughed. "It is going to be a tiring and exhausting day. I am certainly not looking forward to it."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:32 pm 

"I would have thought a veteran of campaigns like the Shinomen one would be used to marching. I can't imagine you were standing still and the forest moving for you" Homura said with a chuckle, before tilting her head.

"You know, you look so much more relaxed and happy already. Do you feel more relaxed?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:19 pm 

"One can be used to marching and still hate it," she poked Homura's head gently. "And yes. I do feel more relaxed. As relaxed as I've felt in a long time."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:28 pm 

"Well, if you have any tips for how to make the march less painful I would be an eager audience" Homura rubbed the side of her head "the walk from Winter Court to here was my first March, and while that was not pleasant it also was in much better weather than we have now."

There was a smile at the other comment, and a nod. "I'm glad. It pleases me that I've been able to assist in so many ways, although I'll have to keep thinking of new ways or you might tire of me" she chuckled.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:05 pm 

"Water. And don't lock your legs. And that'll do is make you pass out. I've seen too many young soldiers collapse on the ground that way." She smirked a bit. "I'd offer to carry you, but I don't think that'd go over too well."

At the other comment, she shook her head. "Me bored of you? I'm scared that you will get bored of me and stop visiting. There must be significantly more interesting lovers than some Matsu nikutai."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:29 pm 

"Drink and keep walking normally then?" Homura said with a nod "noted. We need a way to easily transport tea that remains hot, that would help, although being carried would be the preferred option" she grinned "I agree that would be rather awkward, and I don't think I'm quite light enogh to carry across a whole march!"

She took a sip of tea, then shook her head.

"What do you consider boring, Tani-chan? You are a woman with many interesting tales, and an eye for artistic endeavours by your dancing. I could motion to the flowers of the courts who are dedicated to the arts but they are no more dedicated to their art than you are to yours, and I find you far more interesting and nicer to look at" she winked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next