It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post subject: That Was Stressful [Day 3, Early Evening, Open]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:20 am 

After the many stressors of the day, combined with sitting in seiza in the freezing cold during his entire performance, left Degarashi's muscles bound up tighter than a Doji maiden's obi. A hot soak was just what his weary bones needed, and he sank into the waters with a none too appropriate sounding groan.

He sat alone, letting his head lay back, eyes closed, utterly oblivious to his surroundings.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

Last edited by Bayushi Degarashi on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: That Was Stressful [Day 3, Early Evening, Invite]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:07 am 

The same could be said about Nagiko. All day long wearing full armor was also tiresome, and she also was right there standing in the cold. And although she looked like a Doji maiden, she still needed a bath to cleanse herself of the sweat and armor oil

She got undressed in the common dressing room and the got a wooden bucket and a rather small silk towel and went towards the pools.

Only to find that they were already occupied, by no other than Bayushi Degarashi himself.

'' Oh, this is a rather pleasant surprise.'' She said as she approached. '' Konbanwa Bayushi-san, and congratulations for your performance.'' She bowed to him, as she sat in seiza just outside the pool.

Nagiko used the bucket to gather some of the onsen waters and started cleansing herself outside first, as onsen etiquette dictates.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 am 

Degarashi lifted his head, recognizing the newcomer to the onsen by her voice before even seeing her. His intensely relaxed posture shifted as he offered her a bow from where he sat. "Konbonwa, Nagiko-san. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had some concerns about how it might be received. Rakugo is not an especially common art, and observing something outside what one is used to often starts with distaste. Fortunately it appears to have gone rather well."

The Scorpion observed the Mantis as he spoke, doing his best to keep his inspection respectful, despite the difficulty in doing so. "If my eyes were not mistaken, you were armored when I saw you before. Did you participate in that awful battle today?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:39 pm 

After a particularly stressful day, Horonigai needed some heavy cleansing to get all those impure emotions out of her kharma. Wishing ill to others would make it turn back to her, and wishing by itself is a sin.

She opts to cleanse herself inside the covered part of the bath house before she enters the pool, as she did previously the other days. After all, it is a storm outside with nasty droplets of semi-frozen rain.

After some rub-rub with soap, her skin starts to glow back to her natural shine. She sighs a, "Mochi-Mochi~," while pinching herself. Her clean, elastic skin bounces tightly back into proper shape.

Horonigai nods with enthusiasm, and lifts up to find yukata, sandals and... her umbrella.

*Clack, clack, clack* Makes the sound of her geta over the stony path, followed by a "KONBANWA, MINNA-SAN. YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU!" from afar.

Then, Horonigai approaches the other two samurai already enjoying the combination of onsen warmth and cold rain. She stays there for a while, under the colorful umbrella's protection while waiting for the Mantis to get ready.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: That Was Stressful [Day 3, Early Evening, Open]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:28 pm 

Degarashi's eyes flick over to the imperial, and he breaks off his conversation with Nagiko to bow his respect. "Konbonwa, Seppun-sama. Did you enjoy the performance? I apologize for how long it took to return your umbrella, but you were nowhere to be found earlier."

Though keeping a measure of his attention on Horonigai, Degarashi subtly shifted his posture to be facing more towards Nagiko subconsciously.

There wasn't a hint of apology in his voice for any offense offered during his earlier show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:41 pm 

Somehow the scent of the onsen was considerably more appealing following the aroma of battle. Regardless, itt would be a welcome way to relax her muscles after the unexpected kyujutsu of the afternoon. She could not help but recall each missed opportunity to kill a raging spirit. Perhaps she could take up Mogumi on some further training...

Diligent cleansing followed her entry to the changing rooms as she washed the scent of armour and battle stress from her skin. A towel was collected as she finished and made her way to the pools.

There were several other samurai present. Nagiko was known to her, the others were not. A respectful bow was offered. "Good evening minna-sama, Nagiko-san." Calmly she paused in the cold rain, enjoying the sensation of it against her warm skin. Iron Warriors were used to enduring far worse than a little sleet. Sadane from Doji courtiers for example. The warm waters were a welcome reward though.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:50 pm 

Once again Degarashi's eyes moved to the newcomer, and he bowed his respects, but otherwise remained silent. Externally his features revealed nothing, but his thoughts were pondering the strangeness of this situation.

Three beautiful women in an onsen. If Degarashi were his brother, Yukinaga, rather than himself, he might be forgiven for thinking he was in the opening chapter of a pillow book.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:01 pm 

If three was exciting then surely four must've been even more noteworthy. Another woman... perhaps beautiful... found her way to the warm baths that evening as well. She had heard the governor was making a decision only shortly before and decided this would be the only time to clean herself off before the marching began...

She bowed a short nod to everyone she saw before smiling a bit at Horonigai and waving before finding herself a spot in the pool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:08 pm 

Degarashi turned again, bowed again, then muttered softly. "Sakkaku preserve me, this must be some manner of prank..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:11 pm 

Tetsuko offered the newcomer a nod in return before resting her head back on a smooth, warm rock. It was becoming a popular idea to take one last cleansing bath here.

Her eyes searched the heavens. Supposedly a dragon had been seen, although she knew better than to trust a rumour.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:18 pm 

Ren sat near Tetsuko and leaned back in a similar fashion. After a moment though she began stretching her neck, followed by stretching her arms out in front of her.

After a few moments she turned to Tetsuko and said, "I'm afraid we haven't had the chance of meeting yet. My name is Akodo Ren... did you arrive with others from Morikage Toshi?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:24 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Konbonwa, Seppun-sama. Did you enjoy the performance? I apologize for how long it took to return your umbrella, but you were nowhere to be found earlier."

Horonigai provides him a short bow, and replies, "Un," with a nod. Then, she looks up to check her returned umbrella, "It was a keen performance, Bayushi-san. I managed to get some laughs out of people. Congratulations."

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
"Good evening minna-sama, Nagiko-san."

"Konbanwa..." Replies Horonigai, curious about who that samurai-ko would be.

Akodo Ren wrote:
She bowed a short nod to everyone she saw before smiling a bit at Horonigai and waving before finding herself a spot in the pool.

The Seppun opens a bright smile and waves excitedly to Ren, as she passes by.

Then, she looks to Nagiko again, as if she were in the middle of her path. Which obviously wasn't the case.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
After a few moments she turned to Tetsuko and said, "I'm afraid we haven't had the chance of meeting yet. My name is Akodo Ren... did you arrive with others from Morikage Toshi?"

Tetsuko lifted her head and turned to view the Lion. A polite smile lit up her face. "This one is Daidoji Tetsuko, pleased to meet you Akodo-san." She shook her head. "Actually no, I have been here since winter began. Our paths had simply not yet crossed. Although I was supposed to be there, at Morikage Toshi."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:06 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Konbonwa, Nagiko-san. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had some concerns about how it might be received. Rakugo is not an especially common art, and observing something outside what one is used to often starts with distaste. Fortunately it appears to have gone rather well."

The Scorpion observed the Mantis as he spoke, doing his best to keep his inspection respectful, despite the difficulty in doing so. "If my eyes were not mistaken, you were armored when I saw you before. Did you participate in that awful battle today?"

'' Indeed, it was a very fine performance, Bayushi-san...'' She said as she continued to cleanse herself. '' Very interesting how you changed the pace of the acting. As you told me, each punchline changing the act on itself.''

'' And yes i was armored, though i did not participate in the battles outside and around the walls. I was just prepared in any eventuallity.'' She told.

Then a lot of people began to appear.

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
"Good evening minna-sama, Nagiko-san." Calmly she paused in the cold rain, enjoying the sensation of it against her warm skin. Iron Warriors were used to enduring far worse than a little sleet. Sadane from Doji courtiers for example. The warm waters were a welcome reward though.

'' Konbanwa Daidoji Tetsuko-san'' Nagiko bowed to the Iron crane respectfully. Then she continues with her cleansing

Akodo Ren wrote:
If three was exciting then surely four must've been even more noteworthy. Another woman... perhaps beautiful... found her way to the warm baths that evening as well. She had heard the governor was making a decision only shortly before and decided this would be the only time to clean herself off before the marching began...

Nagiko also bows to the medical Akodo. '' Konbanwa Akodo Ren-san''

and finally...

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
The Seppun opens a bright smile and waves excitedly to Ren, as she passes by.

Then, she looks to Nagiko again, as if she were in the middle of her path. Which obviously wasn't the case.

Nagiko ignores the Imperial Princess strange behavior, apparently targeted towards her. The mantis just rose up and bowed to her low '' Konbanwa Seppun-himesama. I hope Inari-no-kami has blessed you today.'' and with that Nagiko finished to cleanse her body outside of the Onsen pools and entered the waters.

Getting close to Degarashi. '' Seems that everyone needed a relaxing bath, neh? Bayushi-san.'' She commented to him. '' It was an interesting day.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Tetsuko lifted her head and turned to view the Lion. A polite smile lit up her face. "This one is Daidoji Tetsuko, pleased to meet you Akodo-san." She shook her head. "Actually no, I have been here since winter began. Our paths had simply not yet crossed. Although I was supposed to be there, at Morikage Toshi."

She nodded but then replied in a positive tone, "Well... you are supposed to be here now. That much we know. And that is a reassuring thought."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:21 pm 

Pushing certain thoughts aside, Degarashi turned his attention towards Nagiko more fully. He was curious about the interaction between the Mantis and the Imperial, but was certain anything of real interest would rise up naturally.

"I thank you for your kind words, Nagiko-san. Rakugo is a unique art, and hinging the entirety of the story upon a single statement is a matter of some difficulty. It is, perhaps, the whole focus of the art."

Degarashi's posture relaxed, as he sought to maximize the benefits of the warm waters against his muscles. "I commend you for your preparation. I may have been in armor myself had I not committed myself to my art this day. I certainly do not feel my presence would be noteworthy, but I have some skill with a yumi." He paused, tensing slightly. "I am relieved you met the day without harm."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
She nodded but then replied in a positive tone, "Well... you are supposed to be here now. That much we know. And that is a reassuring thought."

She smiled at the Akodo's reassurance. "Hai. You are right Akodo-san. I was able to put my archery skills to good use today. It was an honour to stand in defence of this city with so many fine samurai."

She relaxed a little, the dull ache of her muscles felt good in the warmth of the steaming Onsen.

"Did you travel far to be here for the winter?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:30 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi's posture relaxed, as he sought to maximize the benefits of the warm waters against his muscles. "I commend you for your preparation. I may have been in armor myself had I not committed myself to my art this day. I certainly do not feel my presence would be noteworthy, but I have some skill with a yumi." He paused, tensing slightly. "I am relieved you met the day without harm."

'' That is a samurai's life. Even though you are a Shosuro Butei and, i'm a courtier, we live at the edge of the sword. That is our distance between life and death.'' She said.'' But let us not delve now, in such, more serious topics.'' She offered a smile as she enjoyed the onsen waters

'' ~Ah~ '' Nagiko let out as she relaxed. '' Nothing like the hot waters of an onsen after a long day.'' The mantis stretched the muscles of her back and arms.

'' Did i told you, Bayushi-san, that our islands are full of them?'' She asked.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
She smiled at the Akodo's reassurance. "Hai. You are right Akodo-san. I was able to put my archery skills to good use today. It was an honour to stand in defence of this city with so many fine samurai."

She relaxed a little, the dull ache of her muscles felt good in the warmth of the steaming Onsen.

"Did you travel far to be here for the winter?"

She shook her head, "No, not too far. I've been stationed here for a little over a month. My home is a bit further west though closer to the Dragon border to the north of Lion lands."

She popped her neck once with a motion to the side, "And what about you? Where have you come from?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:41 pm 

Nagiko wrote:

'' That is a samurai's life. Even though you are a Shosuro Butei and, i'm a courtier, we live at the edge of the sword. That is our distance between life and death.'' She said.'' But let us not delve now, in such, more serious topics.'' She offered a smile as she enjoyed the onsen waters

'' ~Ah~ '' Nagiko let out as she relaxed. '' Nothing like the hot waters of an onsen after a long day.'' The mantis stretched the muscles of her back and arms.

'' Did i told you, Bayushi-san, that our islands are full of them?'' She asked.

Degarashi shook his head. "I don't believe we ever discussed that detail. Having such a variety must leave one spoiled for choice." He looked around the onsen, at the design and care taken in its creation. "How does one choose which to visit?"

The Scorpion was, perhaps, talking as much in metaphor as he was about hot springs. Or maybe he'd unintentionally suggested something Nagiko could easily misconstrue. The man was rather tired, after all...