It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:47 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tentacles R Us (D3, Early Morning)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 am 

Always something...

He'd cut into it and freed Aya, positive.

He took a tentacle to the bathing suit area and was snatched up by it.

Well, he was getting more action than he'd managed with Wasako, anyway.

"Okay, i lied to the Dragon girl, i can't sing", he told the monster.

OOC
13 damage after reduction
Resisted taint 33
Failed grapple 12
In grapple, tn 5+armor

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 am 

Aya glared at Norkun getting grabbed. Sure, sure he'd saved her life...but they would've been much better prepared for this if he hadn't started the fight scooting away from the monster.

She took a few steps away from the monster.

Free Action Move: 10' away from the fray.

She had a nice ward all ready with Norikun's dumb name on it, but now she had to cast it from scroll, because the kami around her would burn that idiot if she put it on him now. Had he already let his tactics get moldy?

Free Action: Take out Scroll of Fires of Purity.

Cast Fires of Purity on Norikami: 21 vs. 17 Pass

Fires of Purity, 10 rounds. When Norikami makes a melee attack against something or something comes into contact with him (Say, a monster tentacle carressing him lovingly) that thing takes 2k2 damage.

If he was going to act like a Doji Princess, may as well use the spell used to save them from kidnappings.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 am 

(Ghosting Shukei)

Shukei recovers and utters a prayer to the kami, entreating them to once more wash over the tentacle beast.

(17 damage to Mr. Tentacle.)

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:35 am 

The flames surrounding Norikami burn the monster, causing its tentacles to shrivel up almost immediately. It drops the Bayushi samurai as quickly as possible, waving its hand in the air in an attempt to extinguish the flames. Fortunately, it was thoroughly doused from the rain and didn't fully ignite.

With a roar, it turns its fury upon the one samurai that was within range and not surrounding with flames. It slams its tentacle-fist downward, but Yukinaga is able to dodge-roll out of the way just in time.

The two smaller creatures continue to struggle in the distance, useless and sad.

Initiative
    51 – Bayushi Yukinaga (Attack, TN 25) –0 ft. away from Uragiri, 50 ft. from Uragirimono
    27 – Bayushi Norikami (Full Attack, TN 20) –5 ft. away from Uragiri, 80 ft. from Uragirimono
    18 – Yogo Aya (Defense, TN 17) – 10 ft. away from Uragiri, 50 ft. from Uragirimono
    18 – Kitsu Shukei (Defense, TN 15) – 25 ft. away from Uragiri, 75 ft. from Uragirimono
    13 – Uragiri (Attack, TN 25)
    7- 2x Uragirimono (Attack, TN 20) [Earth’s Stagnation – 3 rounds]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:48 am 

Yukinaga saw the beast writhing from flames and the continued assault of jade. His blade slashed forward again, not so deep a cut as he would like but it was something.

------------------------------

D3 monster hunt full attack tn 25: 9d10o10k4 51

D3 monster hunt damage: 5d10o10k2 18

Stance: full attack
Atn 25
Wounds: 9

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 am 

The attack doesn't leave so much as a mark on the tentacle monster.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:08 am 

Oh, we're on fire again, Yogo-chan must be using her head finally.

He landed expertly in the snow, steam rising from the heat as it melted. His no-dachi in both hands, he brought it down with him, the flames splitting tentacles apart as he rent through the monster.

OOC
Attack: 47
Damage: 49
Fire Damage: 19
Full Attack
TN 20
13 Wounds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 am 

With one final ear-splitting shriek, the tentacle beast collapses to the ground, its tentacles shriveling up into blackened husks.

A moment later, the two smaller zombie-things shudder as the tentacles inside of them shrivel up as well, causing them to collapse to the ground as in animate corpses.

/combat is over

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 am 

"Ahhhh, that was an unexpected turning of events." Sighs the shugenja looking at them all. "At least it never made it to the city."

As much as he can, the shugenja walks towards the wounded ones, putting his scroll back in his bag while pulling a different one out when he reaches the Yogo, "please allow me to heal your wounds."

The shugenja reaches out towards the woman while chanting his prayer to the kami who for some reason seem to respond differently than they had been in the passing days, more willing to listen to the prayers and invocations.

-----------------
Path Inner Peace. TN 10: 21, healed 11 to Aya

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:26 am 

Yukinaga sheathed his blade and dipped his head briefly to the group "well done. That is one less monster stalking these woods."

He thought for a moment looking at the charred mass of tentacles "does anyone have any idea what this was?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:33 am 

At least for her part, Aya takes off the Fire of Purity ward before the priest gets to her for ministration.

She nods appreciatively at the priest. She wasn't in tip top, but she was breathing a little easier. "Thanks for that, Shoukei-san, and for the tracking. If you hadn't found it, we'd be healthier, but someone else would definitely be deader.

She looked annoyed at Noribaka.

"I call it Noribaka's Might Be Quick Monster. It inspires Noribaka's to move away from helpful wardmasters before they can get the proper defenses up. For fuck's sake, what was with that bow? Did you forget you had a giant piece of iron strapped to your back?"

22 of 72 Nicked, +3

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 am 

"It would seem he wanted to leave some distance with the creature before going face to face." added the shugenja with a shrug "we had a distance with it, plus the ice, who would had thought it could cover that distance so easily? It is only right to think that it would had been on our advantage to harm it before going into melee." The lion had some knowledge in battle and made it sound as a common thing to do. "But it isn't always an easy assumption with creatures out of Ningen-Do, neh?"

"You were quite amazing there fighting the creature Yogo-sama. I can still help you with the wounds if you are in need of healing. For some reason the kami of water are responding kindly to prayers today and it could be taken into our advantage."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 am 

The Lion shugenja was doing a decent job of calming down the Yogo.

She looked at the dark purple bruises the creature's attentions had left her.

"Pffff. If they're especially attentive to you today Shukei-san, one more invocation to them oughta take the sting out enough for me to invoke them myself. I'm not terribly skilled with the water kami, but I'm working on it." she said, looking back at Noribaka's Might Be Quick Monster.

"Thing is, I don't think this IS from the other realms. Tough of a bastard as it was, if it had literally been from another realm, the bushi wouldn't have been able to hurt it. Without having the time to examine it properly with proper references, my guess would be it's something deep out of the shadowlands. Incredibly corrupted, but my guess would be that it was human at one point....or maybe a tree. The plant life in the Shadowlands sucks up a whole lotta nasty down there."

She shook her head.

"But what the fuck is it doing this far North?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:05 am 

Once more the lion samurai extended his hands towards the samurai-ko and with a bright emanation of energy the kami of the water covered her wounds patching up the damage dealt by the creature.

"I too was surprised in seeing a creature such as that one so far from its origin. The only ways that I can imagine that this thing could had reached here was like you say, Yogo-sama, because it used to be human and fell to the temptation of dark magic. The other option is a more sinister one, and it would be that a portal to that evil realm has opened nearby, but then that would mean that more of those are around here."

------------
Path Inner Peace. TN 10: 23, 13 healed

Last edited by Kitsu Shukei on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:38 am 

"I could believe something like this came from the shadow lands, but you do bring up a very curious point Yogo-San. We are far too north for shadow lands creatures to be attacking the city. The timing of it all is suspect as well." They had come for answers but it felt like they had only uncovered more questions.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm 

Norikami spit on the ground were the enemy had become a shriveled mess.

"What's it doing this far north? Getting its ass kicked."

He was still on fire so didn't high five anyone.

"And the next time you assume something can't get to you, we'll i might just let it have you. What the fuck did i say? Get back, it might be quick, what did you do? You walked forward... it's like you wanted a date with the guy or something."

He shook his head, stabbed the nodachi into the snow and started fishing for his pipe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm 

Wounds: 9

"Thanks Shukei-san. It's alot easier to get the intonations right when you're not wheezing in pain." she said.

She nodded at Yukinaga's assessment.

"Hai, Yukinaga-sama." there was a little bit more respect in the Yogo's voice than was in the meeting. Apparently her valuation of him had gone up given his performance in combat.

She rolled her eyes at Noribaka's combat assessment.

"You saw how fast that thing moved. Back just meant it got a light workout. By going forward at least I pinned down his two buddies."

"Unfortunately, this ain't a great time for an in depth investigation or evaluation. Bit of a crisis on. We should probably take a look around while Shukei-san and I finish patching people up. Given how it reacted to the touch of jade, it's geisha rules. You can look, but don't touch....and don't get too close. And Noribaka should sever their heads, to make sure they stay down."

Speaking of Noribaka, Aya pulled out her own copy of Path to Inner Peace to work on him next after dismissing the fire kami.

5 wounds returned to Norikami.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:17 pm 

Now justly armed with more health and drag off his pipe, he did indeed decapitate the vine zombies, then went to retrieve his bow.

Not that it kept him from grumbling about Aya.

"Oh its so fast, Norikkun what will we do?" He said in a falsetto.

"Quiet, woman and stay behind me", came the deep voiced reply.

"Oh no, I'll go serve them tea like a good Doji maiden!" He squealed.

Grumble Grumble.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:38 pm 

"Duuuuuh. Guys wait, we're hunting monsters? I didn't see any monsters. That's why my bow is packed away tightly. Sensei always said safety first. That's why he never gave me any arrows for archery practice. He said I might poke my eye out. Could you ask them to wait awhile while I try to figure out what we're doing here?" she offered in her own rendition of Noribaka: The Idiot.

And more healing for herself.

13 wounds back to Aya

Topped off and good to go!

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:48 pm 

"I'm Yogo Aya and I'm always right, especially about things i don't know! Now stand aside while i wrestle these tentacles!" He fired back.

He found a stick and pushed some of the tree creatures remains around, looking to see if it left anything behind.

OOC
Investigation 15

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next