It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Breath Before we March (Day 3, EE, Homura's room)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:32 pm 

"I was taught how during the War of Broken Fang, actually," she chuckled. "I was taught by a crane, if you would believe it. She was a surprisingly patient teacher."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:46 pm 

I suspect concern about lost limbs helped that...

"Impressive. Tani-chan goes to war and comes back with knowledge of dancing from the Crane. Truly an example of how unusual that campaign was" Homura laughed, smirking "I suppose if the Crane were going to supply something, it would be art ne? How do you find dancing? I've had it described as like fighting but more free flowing."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:49 pm 

"That is not an inaccurate take," she nodded. "I often dance with my bisento, or with something that is close enough to it. It feels a lot like I am battling an imaginary opponent in a competition of grace, if that makes sense."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:53 pm 

"That does make sense. I look forward to a chance to see you dance, if you would bless me sometime."

There was a pause, before she added "it does help you relax, ne? Perhaps it's what you need after this fighting is over."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:00 pm 

She shrugs, "I do not think I will make it that far." A sip of the ruined tea, not seeming to mind that, really. "Kitsu-sama needs me for a matter that I expect will be the end of my life."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 pm 

"What?" Homura blinked "you're assisting Kitsu-sama?"

Not Tani. The Lion needs her..

"Why?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 pm 

"She asked me to," Tani answered simply. "And I did not decline."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:13 pm 

"I see."

Homura looked down at the cup, taking a few moments to think.

"Then it appears we may end up spending out last days together for more than just this war. How amusing."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:15 pm 

"You've volunteered as well, then?" She nodded calmly. "Then let our ancestors in Yomi smile upon our efforts." She smiled, not showing a hint of fear or regret at the prospect of her impending death.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:19 pm 

"I approached Kitsu-dono regarding the mirror recently, as I was concerned about it. She informed me of what her plan was, and I offered my services" Homura nodded "it wasn't how I considered my life ending, but our ancestors would be proud of the efforts if not the likely resolution. I would have thought you'd have a greater future than one like this. I don't think there's going to be much glory in what needs to be done."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 pm 

"It is best to seek what serves the Empire, not what serves one's own Glory," she answered easily, shrugging her shoulders. "If my death brings the Empire closer to what is normal and proper, then it will have been a death well spent."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:28 pm 

"You are very unconcerned with the potential destiny of your very soul in this. Kitsu-dono hinted that it was very likely we could end up influenced by that realm, and thus become servants of Toshigoku. I imagine that means there's a chance we could become the slaughtering spirits" Homura tilted her head "can you accept that potential reality?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 pm 

"If it becomes necessary, hai." She nodded gently. "One slaughter spirit, even one who might have been destined for greatness, is worth removing a potential army from the field."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:38 pm 

Homura studied the woman for a few long moments before chuckling.

"You really are incredible, Tani-chan. No hint of fear for your immortal soul at all. No concern for lives you may end in the future, if there's a chance to stop this now. Truly, you are an inspiration for others to live by. I'll have to up my game to be worth to stand with you."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:44 pm 

"A Samurai lives three feet from death, Homura-san," she answered with ease. "It would only be selfish of me to prioritize my own health and spiritual safety over the needs of the Empire."

Description

Post subject: Re: A Breath Before we March (Day 3, EE, Homura/Tani's room)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:47 pm 

"I agree, although this is making a choice to search for death itself" Homura nodded "still, I admire your conviction, and I will do much the same. With our likely deaths now set in stone, one can only look to enjoy the moments they have left, ne?" She grinned at Tani "is there anything you wish to have tried before now but have not?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm 

Tani considered that question, tapping her chin. "A few things. There is part of me that is sad that my lineage will end with me. But that is more of a sense of duty. For extracurriculars, well," she shrugged, "I've not given that much thought."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:53 pm 

"Knowing my parents, it's perhaps wise that the line ends with me" Homura said with a shrug "extracurriculars? So you've never considered simple enjoyments for enjoyment sake? Tea shared with a good friend, drinking an excess of sake in good company."

A pause before she quietly added "a secret romance."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:55 pm 

"I've enjoyed sake and tea before, it simply is not something I prioritize." She explains that casually. And then at the mention of romance, her face flushed. Certain realizations seem to set in. I am dense... "W-well... I've had a dalliance in the past, I'd admit. But, I'd not given it much time to thought since." Was it getting warm in here?

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:10 pm 

There's that realization moment. All it took was directly saying it...

"You have?" Homura leaned forward, looking interested "during the war I imagine?"

She placed her cup down, her eyes going up to meet Tani's.

"And now, here we are. A situation not much different. Few remaining chances to enjoy the company of another in a more passionate way. One might even say it is fate, ne? "

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next