It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 3 - EA] Orange Evening
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:19 am 

"Had you met your betrothed before or had any contact prior to meeting," he asked.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:35 am 

"Only through letters Asako-sama. We were to meet for the first time at Winter Court." Her gaze drifted to a rock garden that was starting to become more of a pond.

"I think it is fair to say that of all the families of the Crane, we Daidoji are best placed to understand the Crab. There is much in the way of mutual respect between us."

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 am 

"Then it would be harmonious in the end," he said kindly as he settled into a long silence.

Perhaps thirty minutes pass before he said, "I think I have the base, done, just touching things up."

"Have a look."
Attachment:
Tsukiko.jpg
Tsukiko.jpg [ 33.32 KiB | Viewed 3084 times ]

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:37 pm 

A smile for his comment and then it was time for the artist's montage. Her thoughts of a possible future mingled with the sounds of the rain.

When Kashiwagi summoned her over she rose gracefully and moved with purpose. She blinked when she saw the painting. "Oh my. This is wonderful work Asako-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:42 pm 

"Thank you, it is one of my better works I think, definitely a composition that I liked," he said honestly.

"I give thanks to the inspiration."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm 

"Then I am glad to have been part of your artistic process Asako-sama." She offered him a bow and a sincere smile. "Perhaps you would allow me to view your works before winter draws to a close? In fact a celebration of art would be a welcome event before we all return to our duties."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:48 pm 

"I am glad you agree on that, I am working with the Scorpion to put on a play, an original work," he said.

"I am sure that we would appreciate the artistic natureof the Crane to see it fully bloom."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:01 pm 

Tetsuko nodded. "I am no actress but if you require musical accompaniment I can carry a tune. Perhaps Doji Koushi-sama or Kakita Rin-san have acting experience, I shall ask them."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:20 pm 

"This hero would appreciate that, Daidoji-san. Please keep this token of our time together," he said signing the back of it.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:20 am 

"I shall do so at my earliest opportunity Asako-sama." At the offered gift she removed her fan and flicked it open. "You are too kind. I am just a humble bushi, I would not wish to deprive you of the fruits of your labour."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:24 am 

"That's kind of you."

He added, "But I insist."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:36 am 

Kanade took the dogs for an evening stroll through the garden only to be stunned at the figure dressed in Phoenix robes. The hero himself... and a crane. "A-ano... greetings Minna-san. This one is Kanade of the Mantis." Her voice was soft out of respect for the hero in front of her.

Hearing her tone, both dogs sat at her sides.Jiro lowered his head slightly, ever serious, but Hadena looked around, her tongue lolling out.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:47 am 

He glanced at the Mantis and said calmly, "Kanade-san, are you in need of assistance?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:56 am 

"This one was taking her canine companions for a walk when she spotted you. Your wisdom in a great many things is foretold throughout the Empire. Perhaps, if you were willing to impart a bit of that knowledge, it would be of much aid."

"Though, not something the Phoenix are known for, perhaps you may know. How would this one go about breeding better dogs? This one is not aiming for mere pets you see, but animals who can weather the sometimes harsh conditions aboard kobune. I have some ideas of traits that may be best, such as an inability to spook easily and good balance. Yet how do I succeed in pups with those traits?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:02 am 

Kashiwagi listened and then nodded and related several texts that could be useful for this course though the meat os his explanation is that she would need to identify dogs and breeding partners with the traits she is looking for can carefully breed them together and over time produce the beasts she is looking for. That was a long-term plan that would take a few dog generations to really get going and she would need a large pool of dogs to breed and groom.

OOC: This seems like a long term plan... so.

Lore Dog Breeding: 5d10o10k4 31

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:10 am 

Kanade nodded and took careful mental note of the texts he listed. The next chance she got to visit a library she would have to keep an eye out for those titles.

She nodded at the large pool of dogs. "In your travels have you came across any who breed dogs?" She needed to get her generation one breeding stock after all. "Do you think the lion and the unicorn may have more specific advice in the selection process?"

OOC:working on plan with MS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:14 am 

"The Unicorn may have some insights as they utilize them I believe and the Lion have their own breeding programs for their beast masters, they could at least be helpful," he responded.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:26 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"That's kind of you."

He added, "But I insist."

Tetsuko waved her fan. "Thank you Asako-sama, but surely you wish to show off such fine craftsmanship to your wife? I feel it would be unfair of me to take this painting before she can witness her husband's skill. I must refuse."

She felt the Doji were much better at this game, and was momentarily annoyed at them for inventing it.

The arrival of the Mantis led to a polite bow. At an appropriate point she introduced herself. "This one is Daidoji Tetsuko. A pleasure to make your acquaintance Kanade-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:42 am 

"Nice to meet you as well, Daidoji-sama." Jiro cocked his head slightly at Kanade before being met with a small nod. He stretched, and walked up to greet the Crane. He playfully bowed at her and gave what could only be described as puppy eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:23 pm 

"You have aided my journey as an artist and my wife will benefit from your inspiration. I hope to create something she will enjoy and this is the first step along that path, and in the essence of friendship and for your aid I wish for you to keep this token and think of this time we spent together and how you inspired this middling artist to exceed his capabilities,” he responded.

“So, I am obliged to offer this to you, Daidoji-san.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.