It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: A Breath Before we March (Day 3, EE, Homura/Tani's room)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:06 pm 

Tani approached Homura's room, still dressed in her heavy armor. She was lucky, it seemed, and had only some minor cuts and scrapes. She quietly scratched on the Ikoma's door, not seeming to think about how much she was *not* dressed for tea.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

Last edited by Matsu Tani on Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A Breath Before we March (Day 3, EE, Homura's room)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:14 pm 

Homura had returned a short while ago, having taken time to cleanse after the battle. She had only just taken off her armour and finished a quick wash when there was scratch on her door.

What now? Did I order tea?

She slipped on her kimono, loosely tying her Obi as she didn't have the amount of time she'd like, and moved to open her door. Her hair was still wet.

There was a few blinks when the door was opened, and a large armoured Matsu stood there.

"Ano...Matsu-sama? Is there an issue?" She bowed to the woman.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm 

Tani bowed politely to Homura. "Ah, apologies, Ikoma-san. I seemed to recall a mention of tea and, well..." she took a breath. "This is not exactly an ideal time I realize. But when is an ideal time going to come?"

A beat, and then she seemed to realize she was sort of inviting herself to Homura's presence. "O-of course, if this is too bad a time, we can wait until Nikesake!"

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 pm 

"Oh."

Oh kami, did i forget?

Homura was quickly into recovery mode.

"Ah, of course Matsu-sama! I was merely cleaning myself up after the fighting earlier, I did not wish to come to your room looking worse for wear. Are you uh...prepared to receive me? Or should I give you some time before I come to your room?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:40 pm 

"Ah," she blinked, taken aback. "I could host now, if you would prefer. Though I am certainly not garbed properly for hosting, but... given the situation, I thought it wise to remain prepared... just in case, you know?" And now she was in full recovery mode.

A breath, this time a calming one. "What I mean is, if we are to have a window to enjoy tea together, I must ask you to put up with me being rude and wearing armor. If something were to happen, and a spirit were to manage it's way inside, it would be my best way of being able to defend us both."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm 

"You forget I'm a warrior also Matsu-sama. My weapons are with me always" Homura smiled to the woman "I would not deny you if you would prefer to remain in armour, although from what I have seen the bulk of the army is now driven back. They'll be back though, you're right."

She stepped to a side.

"Have you taken some time to purify yourself after the fighting?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:06 pm 

"Well, in any case," she laughed, "to get my armor off now would require a bit of assistance to do in any reasonable amount of time, and there are very few servants not busy with the going ons of this place."

"I have been able to purify myself, hai," she nodded, turning to start leading Homura to her room... not that she seemed to remember tea being set for her room, but that was neither here nor there. "I didn't see the tougher parts of the fighting, unfortunately, but I still did make time to ritually cleanse myself."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:18 pm 

Another twist! Homura blinked as the woman turned to lead them away, quickly jumping back into her room to grab her daisho and no-dachi then caught up with Tani as she put them on.

"I have taken armour off Matsu-sama, as I have armour myself. I would be happy to assist with reliving you of a few layers" she grinned "I didn't expect the fighting that I ended up in. I was shown how to use a bow correctly by Matsu Mogami-sama and then a short amount of hours later I was on the wall as part of the archery squad. I acquitted myself well though if I do say so myself. I'm also certain Matsu Tani-sama was the inspirational leader that helped us win this fight, having women like you around can only make others strive to be better."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:22 pm 

"I am an odd inspiration if one at all," she answered blithely, opening the door to her room. It was very simple indeed. A rack for armor, a rack for her daisho. A clean table and a rolled up futon. Everything kept very clean and tidy, just a shoji screen for being able to change in privacy at need. "And I could not ask you to assist with removing my own armor. I'd not shame your station with such menial work. After finding a nearby servant and politely requesting tea, she found herself seated at the table, hiding the hint of discomfort as armor pinched against her.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:29 pm 

Matsu pride is a silly thing sometimes.

Homura looked over the womans room with a curious expression. It was very...Tani. As was the woman sitting in clear discomfort. Homura kept a sigh to herself before focusing on the woman (ooc - LS1 activated on Tani).

"You speak of menial work Matsu-sama, but I do not see it this way. It is my honour to assist both a woman of your importance and a woman I consider a dear friend, and I believe you will be better able to deal with any potential oncoming incident if you are not seated in an uncomfortable fashion. Your amour may hinder your ability to stand and move, as it keeps your limbs in an awkward position. So, please allow me to assist you" she smiled, moving closer to Tani "as you say, it requires help to relieve you of your layers, ne?" Her words would likely make a lot of sense, as would her soft tone.

D3 EE convincing stubborn Matsu to listen (courtier). LS1 and LS2 added: 9d10o10k4 47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:34 pm 

Try as she might, Tani had to admit that she was very uncomfortable. And the Courtier had a point. So Tani nodded her consent quietly, looking down as much to hide the red of embarrassment for needing the help as much as anything.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:41 pm 

"On my honour nobody needs to know" Homura said quietly as her hands got to work on Tani's armour. She was careful and respectful about it, making sure to cause as little discomfort as possible on the woman.

I assume she's not naked under here? That might be awkward...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 pm 

Thankfully (or not) for Homura, Tani did in fact wear a proper Yoroi Hitatare under her armor. The look of discomfort was gone, leaving her sighing in relief just before the announcement of a servant with tea. Tani rose to collect the tea and dismiss the servant.

"Thank you, Ikoma-san. I should not have been so stubborn," she begrudgingly admits, setting down the tea on the table and sitting down again.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:02 pm 

How disappointing.

Homura took the chance while Tani was collecting the tea to move the armour plating to what she assumed was a correct place. It looked like an armour stand at least...

"Think nothing of it Matsu-sama. The unyielding strength of the Matsu is an admirable trait as is your devotion to duty. I am pleased to be of assistance in any way."

She moved back over to sit with Tani.

"I can prepare the tea if you wish Matsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:04 pm 

As Homura had become accustomed to, Tani seemed immune to any sort of subtle flirtations. "I would be honored for you to see to the tea," she answered quietly, still a bit embarrassed. But at the least, she seemed a bit humbled by the whole experience.

"I do not want you to think me unappreciative, Ikoma-sama. I am... unused to being seen to in any such manner. The Matsu take a certain level of pride in being self sufficient."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:11 pm 

"It is a pride that I admire almost as much as the woman that displays it, my dear Matsu-sama" Homura said with a warm smile as she began setting up "and please, call me Homura. we are in a private setting now though, so you can relax more. I believe it is important to have moments where you can be more calm and relaxed, to allow the stresses that we face every day to be soothed, lest we get so lost and focused upon everything that it risks blinding us to the rest of the world."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:13 pm 

"As you like, Homura-san," she nodded, working to try to relax. Of course, the problem was that she was working to relax, which seemed to make her only more tense. "I would have you call me Tani, then. I see no reason to expect you to stand so formally when I am not doing so."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:22 pm 

"As you wish, Tani-chan" Homura said with a grin as she turned to focus on the tea. The preparations were going well until there was a loud shout from the room over, startling her and causing her to drop the tea leaves outside the bowl.

Well, that's ruined now...

"Ah, it seems some of the fighters have returned back" Homura commented bitterly "forgive me, it seems my attempts for some soothing tea may not come to fruition" she bowed to the woman, moving to prepare a second cup instead and serving it "what does Tani-chan do to relax normally?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:29 pm 

Tani didn't seem to mind that the ceremony was ruined, smiling gently to her. "It is alright. Perhaps the idea of centering onesself was too much to ask in these trying times." Her head tilted as she was called Tani-chan... twice. But she brushed it off. "I have found some peace in dancing," she explained, "not that I think my technique good enough to show to others. Beyond that, I like to read."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:31 pm 

"Dance?" Homura was surprised "I hadn't expected that. What drew you to dancing? I would love to see you dance sometime, if you would honour a friend with it. I may even join in, if I can work out how to" there was a chuckle "I will have to think of a way to help us find the center and relax. Hmm..."