It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 - LE] Redbone (Kashiwagi's Room - Closed)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:44 am 

"Gomen Asako-sama, you are of course correct. I just merely associated you with them due to your storied history on the subject."

She once again looked away, the shy maiden in the presence of the war hero.

"Well, if you would like to bring them into your story, you could try like how sometimes there is the helpful heimin, who dutifully serves his samurai betters. A similar character, someone who is not the hero, but is a friend, or an ally, might work. But gomen, I do not wish to prattle on."

She gracefully held the cup between her hands as she slowly looked up at him. "May I ask about those other interests, Asako-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:51 am 

“A supporting role would be ideal, it’s a good idea to pursue at least,” he said with approval.

When she asked about interest he smiled and said, “My interests are terrible mundane Shosuro-san; when I have free time I enjoy of course writing and study as learning new things fulfills me. I abhor ignorance and not knowing.”

“But as to interests, I actually enjoy cooking and more recently painting, which I have taken to and a bit of sadane though I am terrible at it and storytelling though I doubt I have the endurance of a Suzume for epics.”

“What of yourself, the actress and playwright surely does more than prepare for the next big role?” he asked.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:49 pm 

Sara's eyes glistened in interest as he spoke of the arts.

"Sadane? I have been meaning to pick up on it for a while now, but time has been lacking, unfortunately. Cooking? A bit of an unsual interest, though I know my own mother is a passionate pursuer of it. If Asako-sama is interested, perhaps I can try and recall some recipes that she graced our household with."

She raised her fun shyly, as she spoke next, hiding behind the thin paper barricade in her hand.

"Mmm, I am interested in all arts, truthfully, and I try and widen my interest as much as possible. It would not to well for an actress to be confined to a single role, after all?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:08 pm 

"We should always strive to learn and grow, that is how we learn more of ourselves," he replied.

"New recipes, please, I would be honored if you are willing to share. I have yet to try my hand at Scorpion recipes."

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 pm 

Sara smiled. "Oh, I would be honored. Let me dig and find something suitable for you Asako-sama." she lowered her eyes as she spoke to him.

"I completely agree about learning. As an actress, I try to widen my experience and knowledge as well. After all, if I am to play someone on stage, I should know enough to impersonate the role completely, whether a bushi, shugenja, or anyone else."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:11 pm 

"What do you find to have been your most challenging role, thus far?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:52 pm 

Sara tapped the table idly as she was thinking. "Hm...perhaps, I would say it was when I was starting out, my first role past gempukku." She smiled fondly. "I was the vile yet wily seductress, trying to trick the hero into betraying his lord. Though it wasn't a starring role, the pressure was immense for a young one like I was at the time."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:13 pm 

"The first position after one's coming of age is often stressful," he agreed.

"Playing a vile temptress could be a cathartic experience, though. Tap into one's dark nature they hide from the world."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:13 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"The first position after one's coming of age is often stressful," he agreed.

"Playing a vile temptress could be a cathartic experience, though. Tap into one's dark nature they hide from the world."

"Hai. Did Asako-sama have the same when assigned?" She tilted her head to the left in interest. "Oh? You seem to have a deep reading of such a role." She smiled bashfully and leaned closer.

"Does Asako-sama have something they hide from the world?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:01 pm 

He nodded at her question of his first assignment but did not divulge further.

When asked about his dark side, he said with a coy smirk, "Every great hero has a hidden dark side."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am 

Sara leaned in closer. "It must weigh on you greatly Asako-sama, to carry such a dark burden." She averted her eyes bashfully.

"If you'd wish, I am always here if you'd like to unburden you."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:55 pm 

“It would be unseemly to do so, Shosuro-sama. You have been an honorable and pleasant company to unburden myself as if you were a common geisha, would be an insult to your ancestors. That is the true burden, of anyone with a great name or position, power and prestige are alienating factors, we become enclosed in cages,” he mused.

“It is the price of fame and ambition.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.