It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:57 pm

Post subject: [Day Three - Late Morning] Hot and Cold
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:56 pm 

After her morning at the temple, she made her way to the onsen grounds for some refreshing. It didn't bother her so much to be attending the onsen when it was still raining and the onsen providing the other side of the temperature spectrum. Such an occasion was perhaps like yin and yang, bringing wholeness to the world and perhaps bringing balance to the body as well. At least, that was perhaps her hope that would be true in the application as she sat in the baths, finding herself warm on one side and cold on another. She closed her eyes and brought her hands together for the time being, trying to search for some balance without and within.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Late Morning] Hot and Cold
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:19 am 

Osamu had desired a walk in the rain, the storm was electrfying after some many days in the cold and he wished nothign more to be out in it. Sadly he was also ratehr certain that most in the castle would look at him like he was insane if he was strolling the gardens in the middle on it. Heading to the Onsen gave him an excuse to be out in it though, even if he didn't bother with an umbrella or other things to keep the rain off on his way there.

Arriving he made the proper preperations before moving towards the pools. The young Mantis didn't expect to find anyoen else bathing, but there certainly was the form of someone in the waters. The Dragon girl he had met a few days before if he placed her face correctly. Which really shouldn't of been a suprise, he'd always heard stories abotu how most dragons were odd. Sliding into the pool he offered the woman a polite nod in greeting. "Invigorating, isn't it?"

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:44 am 

Wasako opened her eyes slowly when she heard someone speak to her. Her concentration wasn't so deep that she was too far gone in her thoughts, it was hard to hold it all things considered at the moment. She offered him a small smile and greeted him with a small bow from her spot in the bath.

"Oh, Osamu-san! Good morning...Hai, it's pretty invigorating at the very least," she said with an embarrassed chuckle. "I would say it was the best of both worlds but I'm probably finding the rain more chilly than just merely brisk."

That said, she sank into the waters more to get more warmth than the half and half she had tried to achieve earlier. "How have you been since last we spoke?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:47 am 

"I suppose that's understandable, if this holds up we will have a couple inches of ice covering the city by morning." He held a hand up to catch a few drops of rain. "I think most would call this Cold and not just chill though." He continued a half smile on his lips. "But you must be a bit used to weather like this as a Dragon."

Letting his hand sink beneath the water he rolled his shoulders in shrug. "Well enough, I still have plenty of Sake left after all, abd while their is a army on it's way it's not on our doorstep just yet. So I suppose that's a few things to be thankful for. How about yourself though, have you been well?" She seemed to be in one peace still so it was likely, but you could never tell.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:10 am 

She gave a sound nod. "Cold weather is still cold weather but truthfully, we would still be in the middle of our winter where I reside. To see rain here is perhaps a bit of a surprise although we still have the afternoon to get a sign of what it might truly mean for the days ahead. I just spent time with Isawa Miwako-san, who seems took the rain as a good sign, at least."

She did wonder if Osamu thought the same, as a shugenja.

The truth of the matter is that she wasn't completely at peace and was filled more with questions than anything else. "It's been interesting, to say the least, and I imagine it's been the same for everyone?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:14 pm 

Drained after her extensive battle, a tired, but healthy Yogo Aya made her way to the bathhouse. She was tired enough that she didn't even really mind the sulfur smell that much. She scrubbed up, and then sank into the tub.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:20 pm 

Norikami soon followed, having cleansed himself and with a little help from the knowledgeable Aye performing rites after battle. He saw Wasako and his expression changed from I'll kill every last one of you to a more pleasant hey now!

Getting in the water, he let the warmth bring him back to life.

"Good morning", he said to the other bathers.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 pm 

Wasako turned her head when she heard some rustling in the water of others joining them. Perhaps there were others who were taking advantage of the dual-nature of the baths? It was perhaps to her surprise that it was the surly Yogo and Norikami. As much as she'd like to think they were of the same mind, she doubt that was the reason.

"Ohayou gozaimasu, Yogo-san and Bayushi-san," she said she rose slightly in the waters to bow to them as best she could before sinking back down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01 pm 

He rested on his arm in the rain, facing Wasako, away from Aya.

"How about this weather?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:07 pm 

"Good morning, Minna-san" Osamu offered, dipping into what would be considered a bow in the pool. Their numbers it seemed had doubled in as many minutes. Not that it was a bad thing.

Turning back to Wasako, he shrugged. "Likely so, though some might says it's more interesting for some then others."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm 

Aya offered a weary bow to the Dragon and her conversational partner, before sinking back in to the tub. For the moment she was more interested in soaking than conversing.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:29 pm 

"The weather is perhaps more poetic than peculiar, given our current month. It was probably about time the snow turned into rain, even if it's giving us something of an involuntarily cold bath. I'm glad that hasn't scared people away from the baths here at least," she said to Norikami's direction.

She glanced between the Scorpion and Osamu, wondering if they had met each other yet. "Osamu-san, are you familiar with Bayushi Norikami and Yogo Aya here?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:40 pm 

Aya had been laying down as best she could, leaving only her face up. She wasn't just what was more painful: the exhaustion from combat, or Norikun's desperate need for release. She knew it was bad when they got swept into town rather than returning back to Scorpion lands. As expected, the hunt didn't give him release, it just pent him up more. Like throwing an armload of sticks for a dog and never giving it a pat. If this kept up, in about a year, there were going to be a slew of peasant baby Norikamis.

She let the indecisive Dragon bring her back up from the deeps with her adherence to social niceties.

"I'm not. Hope your not in town for a festival Osamu-san. Probably not going to be much to celebrate in these parts for awhile." she offers.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:53 pm 

Norikami gave Osamu a nod.

"Please to meet", he said, nice enough. "have to agree with Yogo-chan, not much great about today. Shame to have to fight a battle in this weather."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:18 pm 

"Honestly, I'm rather partial to weather like this, at least on land. It's rather invigorating." Glancing towards the Dragon, he shook his head. "Haven't met either of them yet. Though there certainly seemed to be a whole gaggle of Scirpion around town."

Dipping his head towards the two he introduced himself. "As you can guess, I'm Osamu of the Mantis, it's nice to meet you two." Turning towards Aya he shookmhus head. "I came for different reasons, Yogo-sama. I like to be home for festivals anyways, at least when I can." Better food.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 pm 

Osamu wrote:
"Honestly, I'm rather partial to weather like this, at least on land. It's rather invigorating." Glancing towards the Dragon, he shook his head. "Haven't met either of them yet. Though there certainly seemed to be a whole gaggle of Scirpion around town."

Dipping his head towards the two he introduced himself. "As you can guess, I'm Osamu of the Mantis, it's nice to meet you two." Turning towards Aya he shookmhus head. "I came for different reasons, Yogo-sama. I like to be home for festivals anyways, at least when I can." Better food.

Aya snorted a bit at that.

"Geese travel in gaggles Osamu-san. I have heard the rumors about a goose, but it seems to be working alone. It's a nest of Scorpions, just like it's a congregation of Mantis, were such a thing to happen."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:47 pm 

"Ah, I'll be sure to use that the next time then." Osamu offered with a light chuckle. "As for the goose, I think I've heard it mentioned. I've not seen it myself though."

"Do you think its someone's pet?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:14 am 

"There does..." she said pensively when Osamu mentioned the number of Scorpions in town. "I believe being neighbours and allies would give you many reasons to visit, at least, or so I was reminded by Bayushi Setsuna-san. Either way, whatever the reason, fate has brought us all here."

She raised a brow at the mention of the goose and rubbed her hands together for warmth. "Or potentially a kenku in disguise?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:28 am 

Aya shrugged a bit.

"If you believe the rumors, I would guess that it's a minor sakkaku spirit. Maybe Chikushudo, but it seems more aligned with trickery than such raw animal nature." she opined.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:59 am 

"I suppose either is just as likely." Osamu mused. "Though I've never heard of a Kenu changing form into a Goose."

"I'm not really an expert on that sort of thing though."