It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Flow of Destiny [EM, Day 3]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 am 

"Strength lets you shoot the bow, yes. But where? What is the best target? That is what else Water can grant you - the ability to stretch out your senses, to know what targets there are. Of course, then you need the other Elements to know which of those targets to choose. But, Water will give you the ability to know them. Confusing, I know. Sorry, I'm a scholar of the Elements, and how they interact with us. Get a little carried away at times." He rubs at his hair, self-conciously.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:27 am 

Wasako turned her attention to Miwako, "I suppose we should return to our routine? I was considering mediating this morning but I have to confess that I know very little regarding the morning rituals of the Phoenix, let alone that of a shugenja."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:39 am 

"Prayer and reverence, followed by duty and service." she said. "Though my daughter tends to disrupt that somewhat. Of course, under the circumstances, we've all had our routines disrupted."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:41 am 

"Matsu-sama says we must clear our minds, make the bow part of us, and give life to the arrow. It will know the way."

He glances back to Mogami and then to the phoenix.

"Do you say I should pray to something else, samurai-sama?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:58 am 

She nodded soundly before giving a duck of her head in a quick bow. "My apologies first for ignorance first and foremost, Isawa-san. May I ask if this would be prayer to the elements or the Celestial Dragons? Or maybe, they might be one and the same almost, if they have majesty and dominion over the sacred elements of Rokugan?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:05 am 

"I pray to the Celestial Dragon and all the Fortunes of the Heavens, then the Thunder Dragon and all the heroes of the Empire, then each of the Elemental Dragons." she explained. "But, it is Water that I hold devotion to, where I focus my reverence."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:40 am 

Wasako found herself raising her brows at that, that indeed sounded like a mouthful but it was still comprehensible. She imagined the actual inner workings of the kami were perhaps a whole other topic that was beyond her understanding. She nodded soundly at that. "That does sound like a very busy morning, Isawa-san...However, I wouldn't mind joining you in some of your routines. Of course, it's not my intention to get in your way either."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:44 am 

"Not at all." she smiled. "Is there a particular dragon or Fortune you wish to pay respect to?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:34 am 

She looked upwards in thought as she considered. "I get the feeling that we will need all of the Fortunes in the coming days, especially even if half of what I heard will prove to be true. It's likely that we will all have to return to the temples daily to ask and count our blessings. For now, it seems we might need Fukurokujin-no-kami, I'm sure everyone is putting their hard work in. The refugees who've travelled so far and found their way here will likely need mercy to brave the next few days."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 am 

Miwako nodded in agreement. "We could use any assistance the Heavens might give us."

She glanced out at the rain with a smile.

"Perhaps we should offer prayers to the Celestial Dragon?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:53 am 

"Right," she smiled faintly with a sound nod, recalling the earlier part of their conversation. "Would the Dragon of Water be apt, given the rain and perhaps a sign of a warmer spring to come?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:58 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Matsu-sama says we must clear our minds, make the bow part of us, and give life to the arrow. It will know the way."

He glances back to Mogami and then to the phoenix.

"Do you say I should pray to something else, samurai-sama?"

"Not at all, not at all. Merely be mindful of what gifts those you pray to can actually give. The oneness she speaks of, that sounds more of the Void Dragon's area of influence."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:01 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"Right," she smiled faintly with a sound nod, recalling the earlier part of their conversation. "Would the Dragon of Water be apt, given the rain and perhaps a sign of a warmer spring to come?"

"Yes. That would be appropriate." she nodded.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 am 

Isawa Hachi wrote:

"Not at all, not at all. Merely be mindful of what gifts those you pray to can actually give. The oneness she speaks of, that sounds more of the Void Dragon's area of influence."

"What's Void? She said just stop thinking. No though. No mind. Breathe. Release."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:14 am 

It seemed obvious but Wasako felt better to run it back the Phoenix shugenja first, considering she was likely the expert of the elements between the two of them. She did smile at her answer and nodded soundly. "It's decided then! Would like to start us off first?"

She did find herself glancing about, wondering if there was actually a spot where the Fortunes were worshipped. On her first visit, she didn't seem to be able to find such a shrine here. However, it's not like a Fortune needed a shrine to be prayed to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:16 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:

"What's Void? She said just stop thinking. No though. No mind. Breathe. Release."

"You have just used one of the ways to describe the Void. No thought, no intent. Breathe, become One, release. Thus, the void. And before you ask, no I am not trained further in the Void - only general knowledge of it. You would need an Ishiken for more."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:20 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
It seemed obvious but Wasako felt better to run it back the Phoenix shugenja first, considering she was likely the expert of the elements between the two of them. She did smile at her answer and nodded soundly. "It's decided then! Would like to start us off first?"

She did find herself glancing about, wondering if there was actually a spot where the Fortunes were worshipped. On her first visit, she didn't seem to be able to find such a shrine here. However, it's not like a Fortune needed a shrine to be prayed to.

Miwako lead her before the Water Dragon's shrine and guided her through the prayers. It wasn't much different than what would be offered to the Fortunes. The Isawa did speak about the gifts of water, however, strength and vitality, fluidity and vision.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 am 

Isawa Hachi wrote:
[quote="Matsu Mogami"
"You have just used one of the ways to describe the Void. No thought, no intent. Breathe, become One, release. Thus, the void. And before you ask, no I am not trained further in the Void - only general knowledge of it. You would need an Ishiken for more."

"Uhsheeekun? It that Void Priest? Arn't all priests priests?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 am 

"All priests are priests, but some have different focuses. Are all bushi the same? Or are some trained more for riding a horse, and others shooting a bow, and others using a spear? Each priest will have areas they are strong in, and others they are weak at. Ishiken are strong with the Void. I have affinity for Earth, and also some skill with Water."

He nods to the ones that come over, and steps to the side, to allow them access to this shrine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:51 am 

"Ah. Ok. So I talk to Void priest to have no mind. Still, I want to pray for strength today. My no mind is pretty good."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next