It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:57 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 3, Late Morning - Eastern Wall] Peasant Levies
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 am 

"There is only so much the kami can do." she nodded. "The rest is up to the human spirit."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
She shakes her head and holds up a hand.

"Part of becoming a leader is to understand how to teach others to lead. Budoka traditionally lead Ashigaru units, not Samurai. I teach Tsuruga and Fuwa both by teaching them directly, and indirectly. This is a moment where I believe inderect works better. I take a group, they take a group, repeat."

Homura put her hand on her hip, and shook her head chuckling.

"You just want to get out of the rain, ne?" she said with a teasing tone "I believe in Matsu-sama though, so if she thinks that is wise I will accept some time out of the rain. Shall we?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:42 am 

"It's colder than a snow maidens...."

She shrugs in a sort of You know way

"out here. If we don't rotate, I think my fingers may turn to popsicles."

She leads the way into the gate house second story, where a few dozen peasants are sitting inside and whispering quietly. Others are sleeping, and a few throwing dice. They all stop when the samurai walk in.

"Pretend we arn't even here. Right now, this is your time. Take it. Just don't leave the gate house. Soon you'll be back out there. Enjoy the respite"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:51 am 

"You don't need to convince me Matsu-sama" Homura said with a grin, following the woman into the gatehouse. Two well-armed and armoured Lion samurai were difficult to ignore at the best of times.

Doubt that'll work Mogami-chan...

"Do you think they'll be ready? We don't know how long it will be until the fighting starts, but it could be tomorrow or even today."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:58 am 

"All I can do is have faith that heavens will, my instruction,and their courage will be enough. They saw what happened yesterday. They saw what happened at Morikage Toshi. They do not wish to have the same fate. I would have liked to have been training with them months ago, but no one other than my father believed me ready for such things. I will have to prove them wrong, no?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:08 am 

"You're right" Homura nodded "they will not want to see what happened before repeated here. None of us do, so we will all give it everything. I however must disagree with one thing."

Homura smiled.

"One other person believed that you're ready. I can see it from how you have been training them, and from your previous actions. I don't know that any other could prepare them better than you can in the limited time with have. I can see it in your eyes, and hear it in your words. You believe in yourself now too, and I'm glad."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:12 am 

Mogami bows her head.

"Thank you, your confidence gives me strength."

"There is another reason I feel we must give it everything as well..."

Mogami leans in to whisper

"I am worried that should we begin to falter, Kitsu-dono may try to use the Mirror again. Certainly she is wiser than I with such things, but it was that in the first place which brought these events to us..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:17 am 

Homura lowered her head at the mention of the mirror.

"I understand your concerns Mogami-chan, but do not be concerned. Kitsu-dono does not intend to use the mirror again. We also will not fail. I know this to be true. This enemy will be defeated and pushed back, and the Steel Chrysanthemum will be reminded of the Strength of the Lion."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:20 am 

"Have you had interactions with her before? I only just the other day at the meeting. I have heard stories though from my father. He disagreed with the use in the first place though, so I imagine they could have been spoken out of distaste and not true character evaluation"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:24 am 

Homura nodded.

"She was at Winter Court with me. I have conversed with her a few times. Needless to say, it's perhaps best not to bring up the mirror around her, it's not a topic that she enjoys talking about, as I'm sure you saw from the meeting."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:26 am 

"She looks so...downtroden. Broken. Is there anything I can do to assist her?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:01 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"There is only so much the kami can do." she nodded. "The rest is up to the human spirit."

"This is true. It is our blessing, and our curse."

Chihaya gave a casual sort of shrug.

"I suppose I should get back to it, unless there was anything else? Anything I could do to help you in return?"

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:06 am 

"No." she shook her head. "But, I will be tending to any wounded I can when the attack comes. Send anyone in need my way."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:25 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"She looks so...downtroden. Broken. Is there anything I can do to assist her?"

There was a shake of the head.

"She is living with what she has done. All we can do is support her, and allow her to do what she needs to do. The best thing is to win this upcoming war, and we're Lion. Winning wars is what we do well, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:32 am 

"We'll send them straight back to Toshigoku, and soon after we break them, the abomination that is the Steel Chrysanthemum will be put down like a dog. "

She growls, in a Matsu-vational kind of way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:22 am 

Homura smirked.

"That's the spirit. You're right, we will push them back and defeat them. Only a matter of time, ne?"

The killing of the Steel Chrysanthemum is a different issue...

"Not often one gets to fight in winter either. Although I don't think that's a good thing, summer would be a nicer condition."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:26 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"No." she shook her head. "But, I will be tending to any wounded I can when the attack comes. Send anyone in need my way."

"I will. You have my thanks."

And will likely be seeing me again, very soon...

With another nod, she returned to her small force, barking to bring them back into a formation.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:46 am 

"My hair will takes ages to get looking appropriate again. More reason to kill them."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"My hair will takes ages to get looking appropriate again. More reason to kill them."

"Your hair is very lovely, seeing it flutter in the wind" Homura said with a wink "so sooner the war is over, sooner you don't need to wear anything over your head, ne? Then I get to return to court, which is...well, no dangerous to me than a warzone!" She laughed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:55 pm 

Mogami frowns a little at the realization.

"We all have our parts to play. Perhaps fate will be kind and allow us to cross anothers path in the future once this is all done. Can you imagine the stories we would have to tell in five years?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next