It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Post subject: Inked to Permanence [Day 3, LM, Kashiwagi]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:11 am 

Coming to the Shiro there was little uncertainty that she would be able to find Kashiwagi's chamber. Especially considering she had been sent for those servants who were not hurried by other tasks were quick to receive and direct her to the penultimate destination.

Closing her eyes she inhaled deeply as they walked, exhaling slowly. This process took her further down the hallway than she would have expected but the nerves she was fighting through were stronger than most. There was much to be nervous for and her mind darted between each but with a single breath and the confidence in her self she managed through.

Told to wait, that she would be announced, she waited where she was told and repeated the breathing process once more. There was no more time she could devote to her nerves, she was ready.

Post subject: Re: Inked to Permanence [Day 3, LM, Kashiwagi]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:13 am 

The Kashiwagi received her.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:18 am 

"Good morning, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she said after entering the room, bowing reverently. Without yet raising from the bow she continued, "It is my hope that the morning receives you well, Asako Kashiwagi-sama."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:08 pm 

"It does, please be at ease Togashi-san, have you had rice this morning?" he responded.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:40 pm 

Relaxing her stance she returned from her bow. Taking a quick, natural, glance around the room. Then refocusing on Kashiwagi as was only proper.

"Thank you, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, you may yet rest assured I am sustained," she replied harmoniously.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:22 pm 

Kashiwagi poured some water for them both and then added, “Then all is as it should be, Togashi-san. Shall we get to the matter at hand, you wish to enshrine my deeds into my skin and I wish to see examples of your work. I trust you have examples to share?”

“If I find it pleasing, I would like a sleeve of your work on my left arm and shoulder.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 pm 

"Hai, since leaving the mountains I have had ample time between work on others to attempt the slow process of working upon my own skin," she explains, finding a proper place to sit she held out her arm so that he might view the work she started yesterday.

"Even just the beginning, the lines, of a simple scene like this will take many hours," she says. Showing on her left arm the beginnings of what will one day become a sleeve but is yet just the start of it. A small but detailed scene down by her left wrist, a forest surrounded pond sat in view and the surrounding vegetation and wild life was worked around it though some were yet incomplete. There was no color yet, but the line work was intricate.

"That however, is only recent," she explained as she continued. Bringing his attention up toward her left arm, by the shoulder, there was the design of many leaves flowing out from the shoulder into other intricate nature patterns and designs that sprawled over her chest. It was more painful work, to tattoo oneself in such a way and especially with the detail, but she could afford herself more time than any other.

"Of course, if you wished for something this intricate Asako Kashiwagi-sama, you would needs be aware that intricacy and details take more time and I could not manage in one day or session alone. As you wish for a sleeve that is even more certain, as I am certain you have the endurance to outlast the irritant on your skin but the work is still a careful and slow process for completion."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:07 am 

"What do you think the time wold be on an intricate sleeve?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 am 

"May," she brought a finger up to her cheek and tapped it as she thought. "I would believe it would take something in the range sixteen hours, which would be a number of sittings Asako Kashiwagi-sama.. I may yet shorten it with dutiful work but that is not something which I can promise."

"May, I do not doubt you would be able to sit through much, but there is yet the time that your body would need rest. If it is an undertaking you would undertake however, I may yet promise the work will be worth the time and pain. May, and I would consider it a distinct honor."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 am 

He removed his left arm from his clothing, resolved to undertake this task. He said, "Then I am ready to begin."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:36 am 

"Hai," she replied with a sharp acknowledgement. Rising once more, with her collected things in hand, she moved over closer to Kashiwagi and positioned herself so that she was facing him directly.

Setting the inks out to her right, a cloth to her left, and the various implements in her cross-legged lap. Mai was ready, pulling her hair back and around to the left so that it was held somewhat out of her face.

"It will be best if you do not need to move for a long time, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, is there anything you might need before I begin? May, on this note you may also prefer to lay down and lay your arm out so it lays out here," she indicated with a line drawn along the floor.

"Else-wise I may begin as we are."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 am 

He followed her suggestion and then said, "I am fine, and ready."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:48 am 

"Hai," she replies, shifting ever so slightly to the new arrangement and then inked one of her needles. Dipping the end into an ink pot and coating the needles with the specialized ink.

"You will experience a discomfort, and sometimes a pain, it is expected," she said, checking the instrument once more to be sure that it was inked properly.

Taking a hold of his arm she shifted position appropriately. Clutching a cloth in her left hand that she steadied herself against him with and brought the needle up close to his skin but before she began, "I have thought long and hard about what I might make for you, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, before I begin.. did you have further instruction for this tattoo, or do you entrust the design to me?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:04 am 

"Oh? You have examined my deeds enough to have an image to work from?" he mused.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:29 am 

"Word is spread greatly about your exploits, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she says, confident in the assertion she would present. "Though words spread are barely equal to the truth, let alone that truth spoken from you yourself."

"May, I would yet explain that the present image in my mind would be to ink the image of a phoenix rising upon your arm. Just below your shoulder, in fact, and from there I would work in the flames to surround the phoenix and coating your arm. Mixed within these flames I would leave fallen feathers, presumably from the phoenix, gently floating as if on a breeze amid the flames."

A pause, a half thought.. uncertain, she ventured to risk admitting, "I had thought to use black ink near exclusively for this ink. May, I would yet add in other hues, as would benefit the image. Golds, perhaps, but as highlights, so that the flames and the phoenix might shine."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:31 am 

"That sounds wonderful, Togashi-san. Since I am your captive audience if you wish any further examination of these stories and tales, I can provide a first hand accounting," he responded.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 am 

"I would hear more.." she said, pausing for a breath to yet maintain her composure for and focusing in on the work. A hard pressure, a slight sting as the ink was put into place and the work began.

Giving pause for him to familiarize himself with the feeling, she dampens it by method of distraction, "I wonder, often, what do you consider your greatest triumph Asako Kashiwagi-sama? I would be most pleased to hear that tale, if it is one you would be willing to share."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:50 pm 

"Greatest triumph? I see we are starting with the easy requests, then," he replied chuckling.

"Imperial historians will probably argue over what made me so... memorable, and I do not envy them, but for me, in this moment I will have to be sentimental. Victories over great villains and monsters have left their mark on me but what has kept me going are the people I have surrounded myself with."

He added, "I would say my actions in Ryoko Owari have great significance to me, and were a true trial but also it was a time of... great change for me."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 pm 

"Great change, Asako Kashiwagi-sama?" she questioned.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm 

“Hai, there were things at play… Some known and unknown, fresh from the War, my book had been released, I was largely left to my own devices by my master, and then I encountered a true monster protected by his position. The,” he paused searching for words and then continued, “The people of Ryoko Owari may never know how close to destruction they were.”

“Of course for me, it would be the first time I met the woman that would become my wife, not that I knew such or had even given her much of a second thought. Pretty faces and base urges are easily ignored so it would be some time before anything came of that.”

“It was perhaps one of the happiest times, and then one of the darkest times,” he admitted.

TN 0 to be Recognized.