It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: March of the Doomed (D3, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 pm 

"I shall not lecture you on how to serve your lord, Togashi-san. But I serve mine by doing what is expected of me. I'm not here to save these people at the cost of compromising the chances of the city to stand against the siege. The Lion are getting back. These people are not, as they've already been winnowed from the productive ones. if your commitment to these heimin is stronger than to defending Toshi no Omoidoso, it's on your honour and I can only praise you for being able to make the call under the circumstances."

Kōgyoku nodded respectfully. She wasn't one to mock with brow-raising.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:14 pm 

Koushi glanced at the sea of humanity behind him.

They will either escape, or they will die. And they would have died had they remained. If they get caught on the road, then at least the warriors will have no knowledge of it.

He looked up. "I pledged my sword and skill to the Lion until I am relieved by a superior officer. If they are going back, then I must as well. Sumimasen, Togashi-sama, to add to your burdens, but these messages were to be given to the next responsible party. It seems as though this is you."

He bowed as deeply as one can on horseback before unslinging the satchel containing letters and infant and holding them out to the ise zumi.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:20 pm 

Ho boy.

The honorable Matsu Kōgyoku had already gained a reputation for being more serious and less humorous than an actual block of granite, but they really didn't need to be throwing insults around right now.

"As brutal a truth as it is Togashi-san, a fallen Toshi no Omoidoso is almost certainly as lethal as scattering them. While I would prefer to help their odds as much as possible, there is a very real possibility that the city falls, and the horde continues to chase after them."

"If they can be given what guides and provisions possible, they at least have a chance to get to other cities and sound the alarm about what is to come. I am all for giving them the best chance the Heavens allow them, but my duty does not permit me to abandon the defense of the city."

Erina gazes over the horizon. "I just hope that Moto-san has some good news for us"

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:32 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
(Roll either Battle/Perception or Hunting/Perception)

The young Unicorn rode west at a quick pace, but his keen eyes watched for any signs of the enemy. It would be valuable intelligence if he could find tracks, and perhaps discern which direction the enemy had gone from here.

--
Day 3 late morning, scouting PER/Battle unknown TN: 4d10o10k3 26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:58 pm 

She gave a calm nod to Koushi. "Of course, Doji-sama."

"I believe Moto-san is scouting ahead. It would be prudent to await his return before we commit to a new path."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:00 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
Mindshred wrote:
(Roll either Battle/Perception or Hunting/Perception)

The young Unicorn rode west at a quick pace, but his keen eyes watched for any signs of the enemy. It would be valuable intelligence if he could find tracks, and perhaps discern which direction the enemy had gone from here.

--
Day 3 late morning, scouting PER/Battle unknown TN: 4d10o10k3 26

The road curves northward before angling west, but from what Baatar can see, the actual road seems to be more-or-less clear of debris, and much of the snow seemed to have started to melt before the freezing rain started to fall that morning. It was likely still a viable route, though progress would be slow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:10 am 

Baatar returned from scouting ahead to report in with the command group.

"No sign of the enemy, Boss," the Unicorn rider reported crisply. "The road heads north a bit, before turning west towards Nikesake. Looks in good condition for a march, snow mostly melted from the road itself - if that's what you decide."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:18 am 

"Then that seems the best path if we are to get these people away from the city. They can't remain here." The monk spoke with a calmness and clarity of purpose.

"I will guide them."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:21 am 

Kōgyoku nodded in acknowledgement of Tsukimi's resolve.

"Can you make them follow you?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:34 am 

"I have faith in them. And I hope they have trust in myself." As she had helped them out the night before along with her fellow Togashi and Miwako, Tsukimi felt a boost of confidence that they would listen to her.

----

OOC: Don't know if I need to make any roll to break the news and tell them we're going to Nikesake? :? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:39 am 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
OOC: Don't know if I need to make any roll to break the news and tell them we're going to Nikesake? :? :lol:

(Go with Battle/Perception for shouting orders at large groups of people.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:55 am 

"Perhaps we should scout ahead...anything that lets us know where the enemy's position is, so much the batter...but something is strange."

Erina points back in the direction of the city. "The slaughter spirits are supposed to be an unthinking mob attacking the closest target. How did they think to circle around, find a nearby port, and then remass for an assault on the city?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:59 am 

She gave Erina a brief smile and spoke in a kind tone. "If they were an unthinking mob, then we would not be in the position we are in now, no? The enemy is more devious and crueller than we might have first thought."

Tsukimi looked to Horonigai. "Unless you have any objections, Seppun-sama, I will speak to the people and begin the effort of guiding them toward Nikesake."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 am 

"Minna-san. I appreciate the ideas and the thoughts. The command it as Matsu-san said," Horonigai mentions Kougyoku, "The Lion and any other capable samurai should to return to Toshi no Omodoiso to defend it."

She inhales deeply. "While I'm not your Lord, I am the highest-ranking officer here at this very moment. Fortunes do not smile upon all of us today, and this decision weights on my shoulders, if any of you would like to seek honorable satisfaction for my actions, I'll abide to the challenge."

Horonigai dismounts and approaches Tsukimi, "Togashi-san, shitsurei shimasu," she begins with a proper bow, "I can order them clearly to follow the path up northwest that Moto-san just mentioned. Yet, I cannot accept one less samurai such as Togashi-san unable to defend Toshi no Omodoiso. You have a daisho, and those blades are needed."

"I order you to return with the rest of the samurai to Toshi no Omodoiso once we give the heimin clear instructions to take their path ahead." She returns from the bow, looking at Tsukimi's eyes with certainty, and... pain.

---
[Awareness/Courtier vs. Tsukimi + Benten's Blessing + 1 Raise to Avoid Offense: 4d10o10k4-5 19]

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:13 am 

Koushi spoke quietly. "Seppun-sama, someone responsible must carry these messages so that the clans can prepare for what is coming. Someone must provide a figure for these people to follow. If not Togashi-san, who?"

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 am 

Tsukimi took no offense at the Seppun's words, but in the end, words were like the wind and could not move a mountain.

"Akodo One-Eye's Leadership teaches us; “Through intense training the samurai becomes quick and strong. He is not as other men. He develops a power that must be used for the good of all. He has compassion. He helps his fellow men at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, he goes out of his way to find one.” I will not forsake these people, Seppun-sama, now that we have already barely sparked a brief ember of hope within them by leading them away from the city."

The Togashi stood firm. "You cannot persuade me otherwise, but I bear you no ill will for what you must do."

----

D3 LM Etiquette against Horonigai I guess? +1k1 Void. Contested vs 19: 4d10 20 - success

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 am 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi spoke quietly. "Seppun-sama, someone responsible must carry these messages so that the clans can prepare for what is coming. Someone must provide a figure for these people to follow. If not Togashi-san, who?"

"We must find another way to send these messages from Toshi no Omodoiso in a faster way. The initial thought was that boats would get them fast to Otosan Uchi. Unfortunately, there are none. We cannot wait for the hemin in march over the snow to get our messages delivered. It would take too long." Horonigai replies.

Ant then, she looks to Koushi, "Agasha Poemu-san is Miya trained: she could provide valuable insights to a better alternative. Moto-san here is extremely fast while riding. Also, we might ask the help of the holy shugenja within the city to accelerate these expeditions."

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
The Togashi stood firm. "You cannot persuade me otherwise, but I bear you no ill will for what you must do."

Diplomacy failed. Horonigai's cheeks raise with a hint of anger, "Oy! Togashi-san! You will respect my decision, else draw your blade against me, and we'll see who Heaven favors."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 am 

Tsukimi held up a hand, remaining calm and focused. "Seppun-sama, what will bloodshed accomplish? A duel will not change my mind, nor change the situation of these people. I understand you have your duties here, as does Matsu-samas, and Doji-sama. My place, is to be more concerned with doing something good rather than something great."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 am 

This is why we can't have nice things.

"I fail to see how your honor will be satisfied with the panic you will cause cutting each other up in front of these people. There is a higher duty, here. They cannot be allowed to panic, leaderless, and find their way back to the city. Let us part company with Togashi-san, and give our city and the refugees the best chance they can have."

Courtier/Awareness roll to get folks to see what's really important=63

"In any case, I am ready to depart when you are, Matsu-sama."

)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 am 

Erina couldn't help but to admire the steel in Seppun Horonigai, and her willingness to take a stand for the greater good.

What am I doing? Standing around, letting people die because I am ashamed at the idea of missing out? Of not being able to show the merits of my idea?

Things appear to be coming to blows, and Erina had a feeling that Homura-chan might be upset if her friend was damaged.

"If the issue is getting the message, I can keep pace with Rokugani pony myself. Kamu and Ore are faster, and I would rank them as fast as any horse out there...as long as they stay motivated. And, sad to say, I think that I am the least valuable of us all here to the coming fight: A member of the Imperial Line. Magistrate. Surgeon. Archer" Erina goes around the horn. "All key to surviving the battle, and the hopeful recovery in the aftermath."

Erina eyes Togashi, "And it would just so happen to leave something clearing things in advance of the refugees." Erina bows in Horonigai's direction. "If my calling is to die on the field of battle at the city, it would be glorious. But if there is a way to save more lives..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next