It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Show Must Go On [Day 3, Early Afternoon, Open]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:30 am 

Bayushi Setsuna wrote:
"Psst," Setsuna hissed at Touki from behind. Sure, they were doing their best to not cause a ruckus during a Scorpion play, but... there was glory at stake here. "We shall see who is the best in front of these onlookers."

D3 EA Compulsion TN 13: 3d10o10 8 (Should have been 15)

That voice sounds vaguely familiar... Blinking and confused, Touki turned. Oh. Well, at least this time he recognized her.

"Bayushi-sama." He greeted her with a bow, but through grit teeth. "I have already promised to face you. But this is neither the time nor the place. Let us enjoy this performance in peace, if you don't mind?"

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:36 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' The climate of your lands really doesn't suit what i'm accustomed to, neh...'' She giggled as she takes out her fan. '' But yes, i have been blessed today as well, thanks for asking.''

Nagiko observes the lioness. '' I guess this could be our last theatrical performance until we go into battle.'' She commented casually. '' Have you ever been on the battlefield, Ikoma-san?'' The mantis asked.

There was a brief pause as the rumbles of thunder were heard, Homura peeking upwards for a moment before looking back at Nagiko.

"You make it sound like the Mantis isles are always very hot or something. What is Winter like at home? If it's warm I may request some time to visit during the winter months instead of this....snow."

The Lioness peered at the stage to see if the performance was starting yet before speaking again.

"Hai, it could indeed, so there's a lot of pressure on Bayushi-san to put on the perfect performance. I'm used to battlefield of the courtroom, if this city descends into a battlefield of war it will be my first time, but as a Lion it is what we train for. I'm confident I'll be prepared for what comes at us" she smirked "what about Nagiko-san? I see you are prepared for war, have you fought in the battlefield?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:57 am 

Degarashi closed his eyes and inhaled slowly, exhaled slowly.

Fluff Acting: 6d10o10k3 16

Though his nerves remain persistent, Degarashi commences his performance.

Reaching down, he takes up the small decorative cloth, settling it over his thumb and forefinger like a cup. He directs his eyes slightly up, then speaks in a loud, booming voice. "Kampai!!"

He brought the cloth to his lips, effecting a drinking motion, then slammed his hand to the stage.

"Ah, Hida-san, it has been great to be out drinking with you!"

Degarashi turned to the left, his voice becoming softer and more feminine. "Yes, Hida-san, I agree, I am glad we could meet here tonight!"

Once again his voice became gruff. "Such a wonderful brew they have here. I'm glad we found this place."

"I agree completely, I am quite pleased."

"You know, Hida-san, we should keep in touch after this."

"Yes, yes we should. Where do you live?"

"Where do I live? Yes, um... it is down the road, follow the corner on the left, then it is the third home on the right."

"Ah, hmm. Down the road, follow the corner on the left, then third on the right? I'm sorry, Hida-san, but that house is mine."

"What? Down the road, left around the corner, third on the right is my house."

"I assure you, it is my house."

Degarashi slapped the stage. "It is my house!"

He squared his shoulders and clenched his fists. "IT IS MY HOUSE!"

Degarashi covered his lips in shock, and his voice high and worried. "Bartender! Bartender! Hurry, you must intervene!" He pointed frantically.

Finally, his voice became flat and neutral, and he sighed. "Ignore those two, they're married."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:12 am 

Mogami gives a glance to Tsuruga and Fuwa.

..."Maybe I was thinking it was the Crane who were known for their great actors?"

The two peasants shrug. Tsuruga, the older more gruff one says shortly:

"At least he was hitting on his own wife. Had cousin get drunk and slept with headman daughter when married. Bad times. Bad times."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:27 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"You make it sound like the Mantis isles are always very hot or something. What is Winter like at home? If it's warm I may request some time to visit during the winter months instead of this....snow."

'' They are indeed hot all year round. There's no snow during Winter, just a slight lowering of the temperature, but with that comes even more rain.'' Nagiko explained about the Islands.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Hai, it could indeed, so there's a lot of pressure on Bayushi-san to put on the perfect performance. I'm used to battlefield of the courtroom, if this city descends into a battlefield of war it will be my first time, but as a Lion it is what we train for. I'm confident I'll be prepared for what comes at us" she smirked "what about Nagiko-san? I see you are prepared for war, have you fought in the battlefield?"

'' This will be the first time that this one will be on the battlefield. I have been trained for it by my father, but mostly for defending myself.'' She said. '' Though i'm still a samurai so it will be sooner or later that i would be on a battlefield i guess. '' She shrugs.

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Performance

Then it came. Bayushi-san's performance. Nagiko laughed a bit with Degarashi's crab shenanigans. Which were probably true to some extend. Some drunken shenanigans. Nagiko covered her face and mouth with her fan to cover her gentle laugh.

Mantis and Crab, there is more than just lineage that tie those clans. Being drunken all the time is one of those things.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:49 am 

Akodo Touki wrote:
That voice sounds vaguely familiar... Blinking and confused, Touki turned. Oh. Well, at least this time he recognized her.

"Bayushi-sama." He greeted her with a bow, but through grit teeth. "I have already promised to face you. But this is neither the time nor the place. Let us enjoy this performance in peace, if you don't mind?"

"Touki-sama," Setsuna murmured in-between. Apparently the acting didn't leave them enraptured. "Right afterwards then. My blood is boiling."

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:59 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' They are indeed hot all year round. There's no snow during Winter, just a slight lowering of the temperature, but with that comes even more rain.'' Nagiko explained about the Islands.

"I will have to pay the islands a visit then. Warm even in winter? I would enjoy that" Homura said with a grin "you'll have to recommend where best to go."

Nagiko wrote:
'' This will be the first time that this one will be on the battlefield. I have been trained for it by my father, but mostly for defending myself.'' She said. '' Though i'm still a samurai so it will be sooner or later that i would be on a battlefield i guess. '' She shrugs.

"You look prepared enough Nagiko-san" Homura said with a nod "I remember you mentioning about your wares, are you a merchant then with bushi training? You speak like one who is trained to face the court battlefield like I am."

Then the...performance started. Homura listened, chuckling a little.

This is the other good actor, alongside Sara? I suppose he's at least playing a Crab correctly...

She smirked at the end comment.

"Seems quite accurate, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:07 am 

Quote:

Degarashi covered his lips in shock, and his voice high and worried. "Bartender! Bartender! Hurry, you must intervene!" He pointed frantically.

Finally, his voice became flat and neutral, and he sighed. "Ignore those two, they're married."

Moto Baatar guffawed at the punchline.

“Married!” he repeated, laughing too loudly. After the bleakness of the morning’s march, the Scorpion’s antics were a welcome contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:28 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I will have to pay the islands a visit then. Warm even in winter? I would enjoy that" Homura said with a grin "you'll have to recommend where best to go."

'' There are many beautiful places. Some are dangerous since the islands are volcanic in nature, and the dense forest that covers them do hide dangerous plans and animals.'' Nagiko said. '' But the views of raw nature are indeed gorgeous indeed.'' She adds.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"You look prepared enough Nagiko-san" Homura said with a nod "I remember you mentioning about your wares, are you a merchant then with bushi training? You speak like one who is trained to face the court battlefield like I am."

'' More like a courtier, yes.'' She shrugs. '' I brought some wares from my homeland, more as gifts than to really look for potential buyers. I gave some already to someone i appreciate and gave me some guidance, and plan to offer the rest to Shimizu Kendo-sama.'' She said. '' Though i understand some of the basics of commerce, like all my people do, it is not my forte.''

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Seems quite accurate, ne?"

'' Indeed. I t also reminds me of my people to be honest...'' She giggles. '' We did inherited some of those same traits from our Crab cousins i'm affraid.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
Quote:

Moto Baatar guffawed at the punchline.

“Married!” he repeated, laughing too loudly. After the bleakness of the morning’s march, the Scorpion’s antics were a welcome contrast.

A previously bitter and pissed off Honorigai makes her presence aware by laughing loudly alongside Baatar when she hears the word 'married'.

"Ohohohoohoho!"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:15 am 

Uruwashii smiles at the punchline, her gaze moving from one observer to the next, gauging their reactions.

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:35 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' There are many beautiful places. Some are dangerous since the islands are volcanic in nature, and the dense forest that covers them do hide dangerous plans and animals.'' Nagiko said. '' But the views of raw nature are indeed gorgeous indeed.'' She adds.

'' More like a courtier, yes.'' She shrugs. '' I brought some wares from my homeland, more as gifts than to really look for potential buyers. I gave some already to someone i appreciate and gave me some guidance, and plan to offer the rest to Shimizu Kendo-sama.'' She said. '' Though i understand some of the basics of commerce, like all my people do, it is not my forte.''

"Thank you for the recommendation. If I find time to visit I will let you know. You can show me around the islands, ne? I am keeping the rain off your head" Homura chuckled, clearly teasing "I cannot say I know anything on commerce, it's not something I've even remotely considered, but if you've found use for your...wares, then that means this trip into dangerous lands has been useful, ne?"

Nagiko wrote:
'' Indeed. I t also reminds me of my people to be honest...'' She giggles. '' We did inherited some of those same traits from our Crab cousins i'm affraid.''

"I would assume the fondness for sake" Homura grinned "I haven't met many of your kin, is it common to be drunk often?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:46 am 

Yukarin had thought the sketch amusing, despite being a Crab now. Still, that was balanced by the depressing chill of the rain, the few people trying her wares, and the muted reaction from most of those gathered; Many samurai seemed unamused, and the amused peasants were trying very hard not to. Probably so as to not offend her Clan or such.

But seen a draw lot play go to that very punchline once.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:25 am 

Degarashi allows a momentary pause between stories, both to gauge the audience reaction, and to center his thoughts. The first story earned a few titters, but little else. He began to doubt his craft, until a loud, unfettered guffaw met his ears and seemed to renew his spirits.

Fluff Acting: 6d10o10k3 34

Degarashi unfolded the fan before him, grabbing it between both hands and flexing the limbs gently. Then he brought the fan to the stage and began to undulate it across the wood, making a noise not dissimilar to hoofbeats. After a moment, he closed the fan and picked up the cloth, holding them like a parchment and charcoal pencil.

"Ohayo,Togashi-san! I have arrived to take down the imperial census!"

Something in the way he pronounced 'ohayo' might seem familiar to some in the crowd.

Next, his face took on a tranquil placidity, eyes closed, but opening slowly, the props held at his side.

"Ah, Miya-sama. I have been expecting your arrival."

"Yosh!" He nodded. "Shall we begin?"

"Very well. River's edge village currently houses 500 samurai, 248 male, 252 female. 19 children have been born in the past month."

Degarashi tilted his head down, miming the act of writing with the fan against the paper. "A good month for children, Togashi-sa-"

"Mountain Hollow has fewer than 200 samurai, as many have retired to the monastery at that location. As such, there are approximately 150 monks."

Scribble scribble. "I see. Tending the shrines is a worthy-"

"Slightly Further Up The Mountain Village has a strong population 1200," scribble scribble, "but has seen over 100 deaths, " scratch scratch, scribble, "150 births," more scratching, "300 immigrations out," aggressive scratching, "200 immigrations in..."

"Togashi-san, please! I cannot keep up! I know the Dragon often have long memory, but how can you recall all this so quickly?"

Degarashi inclined his head. "Why, Miya-sama, I am merely reciting from this list!"

Degarashi threw the fan and cloth in the air and huffed with exasperation.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:39 am 

At this, Mogami does give a chuckle.

Her budoka just look at each other.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:44 am 

Touki managed a smile. For him, that was basically the same as laughing out loud.

He glanced curiously over at Yukarin, and at the bottles she seemed to be handling.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:24 am 

The first joke drew a smile from Chihaya, and a small laugh that she hid behind her hand.

Yes, well, she didn't want to admit if that struck a little close to home in some ways...

As for the second, it elicited a chuckle, and a small drumming of fingers on helmet as applause, not particularly loud, it was a soldier's appreciation of the absurdity of bureaucracy.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:31 am 

The young Unicorn furrowed his brow as he tried to understand this story.

"Is ... is this a math problem?" he wondered at last. He tried counting on his fingers but this didn't seem to help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:59 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Thank you for the recommendation. If I find time to visit I will let you know. You can show me around the islands, ne? I am keeping the rain off your head" Homura chuckled, clearly teasing "I cannot say I know anything on commerce, it's not something I've even remotely considered, but if you've found use for your...wares, then that means this trip into dangerous lands has been useful, ne?"

'' Of course, Of course. I must found some way to act with reciprocity.'' Nagiko nods to Homura, counter-replying her teasing. '' I don't know yet. To be sincere, i didn't had any plan when i arrived here, i just came because i wanted. I don't have any superior orders except the ones that i carry by default as a Mantis samurai.'' Nagiko shrugs.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I would assume the fondness for sake" Homura grinned "I haven't met many of your kin, is it common to be drunk often?"

'' Indeed. When you are months in the middle of Suitengu-no-kami's domain, there's hardly anything else to do except indulge oneself in sake, i must say.'' Nagiko giggles. '' Though not me, at least not as frequently as the burly sailors of our kobune fleet.'' She adds.

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Performance

And then came the second act of Bayushi-san. This time showing the contradiction of the Imperial bureaucracy in full display. A real show of wits and a somewhat criticism over it.

'' Bold '' Nagiko said. '' Some Otomo might be offended.'' She giggles

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:06 am 

Setsuna crossed their arms. It seemed that now, at least, the distraction of the play was enough to not pester the poor Akodo warrior.

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next