It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Soap on, soap off (Day 8 EE)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:28 am 

"Of course." Touki said, inclining his head. "I understand. These are very unusual times."

He lowered his arms into the water once more, splashing a bit of water on the exposed upper part of his chest. "And it is a nice bath." He sighed, pleasantly enough. "The baths at Toshi no Omoidoso were warm enough, but the sulfur smell." He grimaced. "It was more of a chore than this, to be sure. I had one last night as well."

He frowned gently. Was he getting soft? Surely not.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:42 am 

Maiya smiled slightly as she closed her eyes while listening to Touki. When he paused she chimed in. "It's wise to stay clean when one is able. One never knows when a day may come when one cannot bathe." She tilts her head left and right cheerfully. "My sensei said that once."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:44 am 

"Enjoy comfort when you have the chance. It is rare enough." The smaller Crab adds.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:51 am 

She concurs with a nod. "Especially for frontline bushi like us. You must find baths like this a rare treat too, ne Akodo-sama?" Maiya follows up to query as she opens her eyes to watch him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:41 am 

"Good evening, mina-sama." Miwako bowed before entering the bath. "How are your injuries, Akodo-sama?"

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:24 am 

"Rare enough, yes." He acknowledged. "Although more common when I am on guard duty for court." His monotone voice was especially unenthusiastic. "I imagine it may be even rarer for you?" Lion structures tended to have limited comforts, but the Crab had perhaps even more of that reputation, bordering on uncultured.

As the Isawa entered, Touki straightened, although he did not rise; the water came to his waist, revealing a much fiercer looking scar trailing down his left hip. "Isawa-sama." He gave a seated bow, somewhat stiff. "I am fully healed, thank you." A second bow. "And thank you again for providing the healing. I fear I did not give proper thanks at the time."

Somewhat awkwardly, he sank back down into the water.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:48 am 

"This is... the third bathhouse I've ever visited. In my whole life." She stressed that bit. "I've already visited here more than the other two I know." That should answer the Lion's question or so she thought. She closed her eyes and cooed. "It's a rare comfort indeed. Amaya-san is the same."

She enjoyed the warmth of the water up until the Lion straightened. She did so too, turning to see what had his attention. Oh, it's Isawa-sama. This is fortuitous.

Watching and listening to the back and forth she quirked an eyebrow but said nothing until the Lion sank back into the water.

"Konbanwa Isawa-sama. It's nice to see you again." She greets the other woman pleasantly. A slight seated bow follows. "I didn't know you were such a famous healer. Ano. This is my cousin, Kaiu Amaya-san." She lifts her arm and bends her wrist to extend her hand, indicating the smaller Crab. "I'm glad I could introduce you after your kindness yesterday."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 am 

"I am pleased to see you again, Kaiu-San, and to meet your cousin." She set down a bottle and another set of cups before sitting down. "I was hoping I'd see you here."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:21 am 

Amaya is content to let her cousin do most of the talking and continues to relax with closed eyes. When she hears new steps approach them though, she turns her head to see who else is joining them now.

Hearing about an injury makes her curious and the young Crab can't help but take a quick peek through half lidded eyes.

When Maiya introduces her, Amaya straightens up and gives the Phoenix a polite bow. "Konbanwa Isawa-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:21 pm 

"A lucky coincidence then, ne?"

Maiya sinks back into the water. The bath had become much livelier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:01 pm 

"You know each other?" Amaya's gaze momentarily flickers back and forth between the two.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:22 pm 

Kaiu Amaya wrote:
Hearing about an injury makes her curious and the young Crab can't help but take a quick peek through half lidded eyes.

When Touki turned to face the newcomer, a fresh mark can be seen on his back. Pink and ovoid, it would clearly have been from a severe puncture, a spear or a sword, but it seems to be healing perfectly.

"You two..." Touki cleared his throat as the quieter cousin asked the question he'd been about to. Giving her a quick nod, he turned back to Miwako. "We were just discussion the baths here. They are very pleasant, are they not?" He slid over, clearing a generous space for the new arrival.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:34 pm 

"They are." Miwako agreed. "I met Kaiu Maiya-san in here yesterday. I shared a drink with her and Mirumoto Wasako-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:33 pm 

"Warm." That is all Amaya says about the baths.

She opens her eyes into small slits to glance at her cousin and a faint smile graces her lips. "Sake. Should have guessed."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:44 pm 

"Who I spent a little time training with this morning." Maiya chimes in as the Phoenix mentioned the Dragon.

At Amaya's remark her gaze shoots to her cousin and narrows. She refrained from splashing her with water around stranger, but she shifts about in discomfort. "Isawa-sama offered and it was a very nice thing to do. I was very grateful. You would have accepted too if you were here." She says a little defensively.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:51 pm 

"I brought more, if any of you wish to partake." she offered.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:52 pm 

Now that was just unfair. Maiya looked between Miwako and her cousin before sinking deeper into the water. It was a lose-lose scenario if she said anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:21 pm 

Frowning curiously, Touki glanced between his three bath partners. It was always awkward being the first to accept an offer. Well, the Lion could be at the forefront of the battle line!

He gave another seated bow. "I would be honored to share sake with you, Isawa-sama." He said. "In fact, yesterday evening, Asako Kashiwagi-sama did the same as you do now. I begin to think that it is a tradition."

He gave the Crab a curious sidelong glance. Perhaps now that one had accepted, others would also?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:30 pm 

"I would have." Amaya confirms her cousin's words. She opens her eyes and sits up to glance at the Phoenix. The Lion is faster, but she follows right after. "A kind offer. I wish to partake."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:38 pm 

"Sake accompanying a nice bath with new friends is a tradition I would certainly appreciate." Miwako smiled. She set out the cups and began pouring them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next