It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Post subject: While your enemy rests.... (D7 EA Open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:50 am 

...you practice.

Homura, feeling more relaxed after a bath, decided to sharpen up her skills. Sadly, there was no beautiful garden to practice in, only a dojo.

After paying her respects, she found the bokkens and went over them until one felt just right and began a simple routine of draw and strike. Focusing her mind and her body.

Post subject: Re: While your enemy rests.... (D7 EA Open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:36 pm 

Not long after Homura entered, Touki did as well. He first bowed, giving his proper respects to the dojo. It was when he straightened that he spotted Homura.

Touki's eyebrows went up in mild surprise. "Ikoma-san. Good afternoon." He said, bowing, his deep voice sounding at least mildly pleased.

Straightening, he walked over to select a practice weapon of his own.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:54 pm 

The was no immediate reply, Homura finishing her routine of fast strikes and movements. When she stopped, it was with a flourish that managed to include a bow in Touki's direction. Not that Homura would show off, right?

"The hero of Omoidoso's Gate honours this poor humble soul with his prestigious presence" there was a grin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:14 pm 

Touki watched as Homura went through her routine, eyes narrowing as he studied her form. Or, rather, the form she was performing. Really. He returned the bow as she finished, smiling just a little, amused at her display.

"Hah." He said, flashing her a quick grin. "Not so prestigious as all that. I did my duty is all." Still... Homura might notice his chin tilt upward proudly, just a little; it seemed Touki was not, after all, immune to praise.

He turned to the weapon rack, and then back to Homura, one eyebrow going up. "... humble, Ikoma-san?" He teased.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:37 pm 

"I am the most humble Akodo-san" Homura smirked "if you believe otherwise, feel free to step up and show me your stance."

She was clearly teasing, but motioned to the floor in front of her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:48 pm 

"The most humble. Goodness." Touki murmured. Casually, he selected a practice weapon.

Swinging it a few times, the weapon moving with an easy grace, he walked casually over to the spot indicated by Homura. "Now you've made me curious, Ikoma-san. I think I'd like to see what you've got." With just the hint of a playful smile, he took up a stance, moving his sword into place for a draw.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm 

Homura nodded, and moved to take her stance. She almost seemed more serious now.

D7 EA Sparring init: 7d10o10k4 26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:12 pm 

Touki, too, stopped playing. Or, at least his expression returned to its usual seriousness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D7EA, practice duel init: 5d10o10k3 18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:15 pm 

Homura took the moment to access Touki's stance. Checking to see how prepared he was.

D7 EA Sparring duel - assessment. Unknown TN(10+opponent insight*5): 7d10o10k4 31
(Unless you're insight rank is 5 that should pass - PM me your Void ring pls! My TN for assessment is 25)

Center stance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:54 pm 

Touki studied his opponent through narrowed eyes, but he found Homura as mysterious as ever. Despite the relative chill in the air, a bead of sweat appeared on his brow.

--------------------------------------------------

D7EA, practice duel assessment, TN25: 4d10o10k3 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:57 pm 

The next part Touki had seen before. The silence, the calm before the storm. Except from in front of her it seemed different. Homura almost seemed serene in her focus, eyes closed and a smirk on her face.

D7 EA Sparring duel - Focus. Center stance, assessment bonus. LS2: 10d10ro1o10k6+4 47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:17 pm 

Touki stared at his opponent...

And then something happened. Time and space seemed to converge. Were they the same? What was Touki's place in all of it? What was Homura's? Could their separate places, their separate moments, be brought together, slipping between individual moments to reach each other?

It was in this curious moment of perfect zen that Touki struck, his practice sword gently tapping her.

---------------------------------------------

D7EA, practice duel focus, center bonus: 5d10o10k4+3 57
D7EA, practice duel strike, 1FR style, 1FR to hit, TN25: 5d10o10k4+3 59

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 pm 

Perhaps she'd been too cocky again. Or maybe Touki was just that good. Either way Touki had moved fast, and tapped her on the elbow as she prepared to draw. There was a sigh, and Homura took a step back.

"Well, I have been defeated. I take it back, I am not the most humble, just merely average level humble" she bowed to Touki "it seems I have much to learn still."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 pm 

Touki bowed to his opponent. "It was a good match, Ikoma-san. In truth, I judged you the better opponent. I could not read your stance at all. But then..." He frowned, unable to express his strange feeling. "Perhaps the heavens were with me."

He frowned, giving her a curious look. "Does that ever seem strange to you? That the heavens might be with someone one moment, and then withdraw their favor the next?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:45 pm 

"Is that something that concerns you often, Akodo-sama? That one day you may suddenly lose the favour of the Fortunes?" Homura tilted her head, studying the man "the Heavens can appear to be fickle with who they choose, but there is always a reason, and who are we to question the will of the Heavens?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:03 pm 

Touki crossed his arms over his chest. His expression was strange. "Lose it." He said. "Yes. Or perhaps I never had it. I am told that I am favored by Bishamon, but..." He shook his head. "It is not something I can feel, or know. It's... difficult, sometimes, knowing there is a reason, but not knowing what it is." Remembered pain flashed briefly in his eyes.

He cleared his throat. "I don't mean to trouble you with my idle thoughts, miss." Touki said.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:11 pm 

"Share your troubles. The more you bottle, the more they eat into you until they cloud your very actions."

Homura approached with a kind expression on her face.

"You can tell me anything Akodo-sama. Although the dojo is perhaps not the best place, so I can assist in other ways."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:22 pm 

Touki hesitated, glancing at Homura as she approached, clearly conflicted. After a moment, he nodded, managing a wan smile.

"You are right, Ikoma-san, on both counts. Troubles should be shared, and this is perhaps not the place." The smile grew the tiniest bit. "I believe we were going to share sake, weren't we? Perhaps then."

He took a deep breath. "But... for now, I do owe you a brief explanation." He looked at her, his expression strangely tranquil. "I lost my wife, close to two years ago now. I was... troubled by it, for some time after."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:49 pm 

"I see" Homura nodded "I apologize for your loss Akodo-sama. I'm sure she was a wonderful woman."

She paused, considering what to say.

"You say you were troubled for some time. Does it still trouble you now?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:30 pm 

"Thank you." Touki murmured. A short pause followed, neither of them quite sure what to say.

"No." A brief pause. "Yes." He sighed. "It comes and goes. Strange things remind me of her, or unsettle me." He looked at Homura, smiling gently. "Like the smile of a young Ikoma samurai-ko, caught in just the right light."

He spread his hands. "But... less now, I think." He didn't sound certain.