It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:10 am

Post subject: Re: [D11 - EM] Great, a siege... (Open)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:28 am 

'' No, i have not met any Crab here, i barely evaded the siege and entered the city gates. Though i do expect some may be here? I don't know.'' Yuichi shrugs.

'' A piece of advise Mirumoto-sama, don't fall for the 'has anything appeared lately?' argument that most of the clans, including mine, use to undermine the duty of the Crab.'' He told her with a more priestly-tone.

'' There's always 'things' happening south in there. The war that the Crab fight, and the enemy they face, is insidious, relentless, merciless and don't stop to debate for politics'' Yuichi said and then sighed. '' Frankly Yogo should had joined with Hida-no-kami instead of Bayushi-no-kami. We would had been more adequate assets there than with the Bayushi...''

'' But here we are. Doing the best we can given the situation we are involved with.'' He shrugs.

Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (17), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (3)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 am 

"There are a few here but none are shugenja, two Kaiu and a Yasuki at least...I suppose they haven't mentioned of anything grave coming from the Wall, at least. There are dangers, I do agree at least," she nodded.

Her gaze swept around the temple to see if there was going to be another Scorpion who might leap out and take the Yogo away for what he said. However, it looked like they were safe from that happening. "I see...I don't doubt your Clan isn't concerned about the going on's of the South, even if they are removed from it. There have been some strange occurrences, especially with shugenja from what I heard and those influences are apparently foul," she didn't know if that had anything to do with the Shadowlands but a pervasive curse had taken over the land.

"Gomen, Yogo-san, I'm just not very well-informed when it comes to spiritual threats."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:10 am 

'' Nothing to apologize Mirumoto-sama.'' Yuichi said to her. '' Just trying to gave you some new perspectives and points of views.'' He adds.

'' My clan, or at least the Bayushi family, doesn't care either to be honest. Much like other clans like the Crane, the Scorpion tends to minimize the real threat that the enemy to the south truly is. Only we, the Yogo recognize such threat, and for that...'' Yuichi lips behind his mask make a grin, which makes his expression more disturbing with his mask on '' ... we are treated like pariahs or vermin. There's a bit of 'tension' between us and the rest of the Scorpion families.'' He said.

'' But i don't care.'' He finally said.

Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (17), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (3)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:46 am 

"When dealing with such dark matters, even to fight against them, I could imagine why people would want to stay away from you..." she said while trying to hold back a grimace. The Dragon don't exactly have such a family, for better or worse. "However, it is admirable that you remain committed despite that. Especially, knowing what sort of things that might entail from you and likely the lack of recognition. You have my respect in that regards at least, even knowing little about your duty."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:34 am 

'' Well, there's little option to be honest. Our choices are limited when it comes what we can, should or could do.'' Yuichi shrugs.

'' The curse that lingers in your blood, follows us karmically if we do not fulfill it. There's no escape from it, except hope that we do our best in this life so as to not be reborn anew as a Yogo again and again and again.'' Yuichi commented.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:11 am 

Wasako frowned slightly but found herself only agreeing with him, as he would know best as a Yogo. It sounded bleak and depressing but perhaps that was indeed what it was. "I suppose you only do your best to fulfil your given duty with the time you have. What of other pursuits, such as Enlightenment?"