It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:39 pm

Post subject: Long Sulfuring (D2-EN)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:18 am 

Long day. Thought the shugenja to himself as he dipped himself into the sulfurous waters of the Onsen. The number of people in this city could be overbearing...

It was a short walk to and from the Castle from the Onsen, his mind wondered why he hadn't come earlier. The shugenja layed his back while he let the waters to their work, while the quietness of the night soothed his mind.

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

Post subject: Re: Long Sulfuring (D2-EN)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:33 am 

By the kami what in Heaven's had just happened... Nagiko was completely confused by the questions, interrogation, investagation...whatever that she just had with Sugimoto.

It has been a rather stressful night, between lying to Kashiwagi, having to use her courtier skills with a lion magistrate, she needed to relax. And how better to relax than to go to the onsen before sleeping, right?

Nagiko undresses in the common room, gets her wooden bucket and covers her body, slightly, with a towel, then she goes to the pools.

and there was someone in there. A man. Not that Nagiko really cared if he was a man or woman in reality. Nagiko did not had the looks of a stereotypical mantis, rather it looks like this young woman was more like a Doji maiden...

'' Konbanwa, samurai-san'' She bowed to the man as etiquette dictates. Then, she sat in seiza just outside the pools, poured some of the waters on her body to cleanse herself before entering the onsen waters. She sat right in front of the unknown man. '' I hope that my presence will not bother you, samurai-san, if you want privacy i can go to another pool.'' She said to him respectfully.

'' Name of this one is Nagiko, from the Islands of Spice and Silk.'' She presented herself.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:16 am 

Startled at first by the presence of anyone at the Onsen at such high hours, when the doors to the pools slid, the samurai looked back and moved to the opposite side. He was surprised at the presence of a women, especially that she did not hide away when she too saw him and instead started her cleansing before going into the pool.

"It is not a problem at all Nagiko-san of the Spice and Silk islands." The samurai recalled that those would be the islands of the Mantis, which meant this was a samurai despite her none existing last name. "I hope you travels have been safe despite the weather. My name is Kitsu Shukei, of the Tsumekurachi Kitsu Shinden. There is enough space for the both of us in this large pool, and the company would be gratifying. What brings you to the city? If I may"

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:34 am 

'' It is a honor Kitsu Shukei-san.'' She said as she presented himself formally. '' My travels were fine, thanks to the Fortunes.'' She nods to him. Nagiko relaxed exteding her arms fully while touching her supporting her back with the border of the pool. She didn't mind been naked in front of the Kitsu.

'' Hmmm? Etoo, nothing in particular. I just heard the word that there were two emperors and something about the Winter Court, and by the time i had arrived to the mainland, Hantei XVI-heika, or -shiryo, had all ready done his crime.'' She explained her motives.

'' Nothing official from my clan. I'm here because i want to, if that makes sense Kitsu-san.'' she adds.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:50 am 

"That is quite strange of a place to end up landing." He added with kindness in his tone, not wanting the women to think he was judging her for it. "My wife is a women more of the court, so I would understand that sometimes rumors, gossip and curiosity can drive you to a place or another. But neither of us has traveled to the islands, at least not yet."

"There is little I know about the islands, but I hear that the climate and land are much different than that of the mainland, neh?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:53 am 

'' Indeed they are.'' Nagiko nods. '' Actually, if you can imagine this onsen, but all around the land, everywhere covered by thick forest as dense as the Shinomen, then that would be a somewhat similar aproximation to how our islands looks like.'' Nagiko said as she rubbed her body casually with the waters. '' No snow happens during winters. All year long the islands are humid and hot.''

'' But, the plants in the mainland are totally different. Most of them are dangerous as well. The animals could also be deadly. Though beautiful, it is not easy to live in them.'' She adds.

'' Thus, most of my people take to the seas in search for a living.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:59 pm 

"That's very interesting, makes you wonder why anyone would settle there, but also quite impressive to see that they have survived and thrived there." Shukei was surprised at what little he knew about the Mantis, which made him realize he knew very little from any other minor clan as well. His duty was towards the Lion at full, and what more he knew of other clans was through his clan or his wife.

"I always thought they lived on the island protected from border feuds... Could you tell me more about your clan?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:18 pm 

''Feuds don't stop because there's no land connection, neh?'' Nagiko said to him. '' Well I'm not the most knowgeable samurai that could speak for our clan, but i will try my best, Kitsu-san.'' Nagiko offered a smile.

'' What do you wish to know about my clan, Kitsu-san?''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:04 pm 

"oh, nothing specific, just some general things about the type of people, the things found there..." He smiled while pushing some water towards himself so that it would rise over his chest and warm himself up. "I know you are great at sea, and that the islands are full of dangers since you just told me. There are also beautiful women." He shyly looks away at the comment, before trying to say something more to change the issue, "and you are mercenaries."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:42 pm 

Nagiko smiled. '' ~We, Mantis, are great at many different types of skills, Kitsu-san. Not -only- on the seas...~ Nagiko's voice has an almost purr-like tone. '' ~There are many types of people among us as well, some are mercenaries, some dare the seas, and there is -me-...~''

'' ~Luckily for -you-...~'' She said as she rose up a bit to re-arrange her wet long raven black hair. Almost all of her body fully on display ''~ I'm not a Mantis beauty, neh? Kitsu Shukei-san...~'' She gently untangled her wet hair with her hand.

''~but if you wish to -know- more about my -person-, you only have to ask...~'' Then she entered the pool once again.

[OOC-Rolls]

Contested Temptation (Seduction)/Awareness vs Etiquette/Will + honor; +1k0 dangerous beauty; 7k5 - 43
-0.1 Honor

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:47 pm 

The samurai was in simple awe. His face followed her body mesmerized, hypnotized by her words and movement. He had lost full control of his senses as his face turned red, and not from the heat of the pool. He could also feel his body stiffen without his control so his redness intensified. He opened his mouth and could not even have words come out as he stood there dumbfounded and bright.

"hime of heavens" was all he could make out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:58 pm 

Nagiko smiled as she noticed the reaction from the Kitsu. She wondered what was the best course of action now. Having a bit of fun on the onsen seems like something dangerous and exciting, perhaps she should approach a little bit?...

As Nagiko began to move, suddenly there was a bright light coming from the skies followed by a loud cracking deafening sound that could be heard all around the city!

Nagiko stopped. '' Huh? A lighting storm?'' She said as she rose up again a bit confused by the sudden sound and light.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:26 pm 

Quote:
Nagiko stopped. '' Huh? A lighting storm?'' She said as she rose up again a bit confused by the sudden sound and light.

The lightning seemed to wake Shukei of his stupor and bring back to reality. They were in an Onsen, under a continuing winter, and probably under a future attack. The sight of the women was still a wonder, but there was so much they had to

"It's not safe for us to be in water, I guess." Recommended the samurai while turning his back to the samurai-ko, mainly to hide some stiffness, and then he walked to the nearby stool to clean himself with cold water to alleviate his body tension. "Snow, Thunder... what are the fortunes trying to say.... I wonder..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:38 pm 

'' Oh, well, such a shame.'' She said as she coyly giggled. '' Perhaps Osano-Wo-no-kami is trying to warn us, neh, Kitsu-san?'' She said to him, smiling. She returned to the hot waters and actually went to the place where Shukei was using before. Observing him intently.

'' I don't mind if you wish to continue this -conversation- another day Kitsu-san.'' She said to him. '' It seems that you need to be in another place now, i don't want to, hmmm, waste your valued sleeping time....''

'' There are still many things we could talk about. To get to know us better...''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:38 am 

"You do not fear the water being hit by lightning." He said more as a statement than a question. "You are a fascinating women in more than one way, Nagiko-san, I do look forward to knowing more about you." He turned still suffering from the situation but not shying away. "If you find in this humble man of any use, I am at your service, Nagiko-san."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:22 pm 

'' We are the sons and daughters of Osano-wo-no-kami, Kitsu-san. Lighting and Fire is in our blood...'' Nagiko said seriously. Her eyes show no emotion.

and then.

Nagiko started to laugh. '' Gomen. To be honest, i don't want to lose this moment of relaxation, perhaps i will not be able to enjoy onsen waters tomorrow. If Osano-wo-no-kami decides that i should be blessed by his Thunder then well, there's no point in trying to avoid it.''

Nagiko noticed Shukei's 'dillemma', as she got something of a glimpse of his lower body. She smiled. And her gaze was upon him.

Profile|Theme 2!